1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Better half or best half??? Part-7

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by divshiri87, Dec 4, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

I took my mobile and saw it’s already 12.30 and i was thinking who messaged me at this time. I opened whatsapp and saw ‘hi’ message from some number. I thought it could be Ravi and i slept again.
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................

I woke up little late as today is Sunday. I didn’t have any plans for today so thought of being at home all day. I sat on my bed and took my mobile then i remembered about the message which i got last night. I unlocked it and saw the message. It’s from some number and i couldn’t remember whose number it is. I opened the message and read “Hi, how are you? Anyways thanks”. I thought it could be Ravi because i don’t know his number. I thought of calling back again but i didn’t as i don’t want to talk to him. If i talk to him, i will think about him whole day which i don’t want to do.

I brushed and came to hall. I called her and she handed over me a cup of Boost. She said “instead of you helping me, i am doing all the work including yours, i don’t know when you are going to learn all these”.

I replied “don’t worry mom, i can learn very soon as you know i am very smart and intelligent too”.

I started watching some movie which is telecasting in some channel. I guess it’s love story and thought of watching it. I was watching and involved in the movie completely and i didn’t even know when my mom came and sat next to me.

The dialogues in the movie as follows:

Guy: Priya, I proposed you long back and you didn’t reply for that. Can you pls reply?

Girl (Priya): I told you that i am not interested and why are you asking me these many times.

Guy: You are not interested in either love or in me?

Girl: I won’t tell

Guy: Why?

Girl: Because i don’t want to

Guy: If you don’t love me, i will suicide.

Girl: Are you blackmailing me? Do whatever you want

When the girl said that, he took one small bottle and drank it. He fell down unconsciously. The girl was scared and called people and later she admitted him in hospital. Doctors did something and told the girl that he will be normal soon.

The girl went to his room and sat next to him.

The girl holding his hands and said “You are mad. I fell in love with you when you proposed me for the first time. But i enjoyed when you were asking me many times. I love you so much”.

I told myself “You are only mad. Why didn’t you accept when he proposed you? If i were in your place, i would have accepted him”. I told this thinking Ravi in that guy’s place.

I was unaware that i told it loudly not within myself. My mom who sat next to me asked “Manu, what are you talking? Whom will you accept?”.

I replied “nothing mom, i was so involved in the movie”.

Mom said “Ok, you are involving in movies than your studies. You should know what is important for you”. Said this she left.

I thought myself “mom, you have no idea what is going in me. I am in love with a guy who doesn’t love me and it’s very hard to come up from that”.

I got call from Pooja and she told me that she will come to my home in the evening. I told my mom that Pooja will come in the evening and asked her to do some special.

I had my breakfast and opened my book to study for sometime. I feel sleepy whenever i open my book. So i thought of doing something interesting. I took one small book and was thinking what to do. Ravi’s face appeared infront of me. I started drawing his eyes which attracted me when i saw him for the first time. I felt his eyes have some power which can attract any girl and that could be the reason why pooja attracted towards him. I turned next page and started drawing his lips and this is the second most attractive part in his face. It is very attractive when he smiles and i loved his smile. Whenever i see his smile, i smile little.

I turned another page and started drawing his hair. His hair is so stylish and that style perfectly suits his face. Then i started drawing something which i didn’t even know.

After the completion, i felt it’s looking like a puzzle. That puzzle has his name and one can find when you keenly observe it. I don’t know how i created a puzzle with his name. I was turning the pages of the book which has his eyes, lips and hair. I feel he is seeing me when i turned pages very fast. I heard my mom calling me for something.

She said “Manu, you got a call from Ravi”. I was very surprised when she said that because i was thinking about Ravi and he called me now.

I took the receiver and said “hello, Manu here”.

Ravi said “Manu, i want to ask you something”.

I replied “you asked me favor which i did and what do you want to ask me now?”

He said “i consider you as my best friend and that is the reason i am asking you. If you don’t want to talk with me, tell me. I won’t disturb you hereafter”.

I thought myself “how could he say i am his best friend when i love him. I don’t want him to be my friend”. But i can’t say this to him so i replied “nothing like that, ask me what you want to ask”.

He asked “I am planning to propose Pooja. Do you think she will accept me?”

I replied “You spoke to her only yesterday and today you are proposing your love. You waited for more than a year and now you can’t even wait for a week to know what she thinks about you. Why are you making things fast?”

He said “you are true that i waited for more than a year. OK, you tell me when can i propose her?”

I thought myself again “he is asking me when to propose Pooja. How can i answer him? Doesn’t he understand that i love him?”

I was again thinking myself “how could he understand that i love him because i never said anything to him? “

He said again “Manu, are you there?” to which i replied ‘yes’.

I adjusted my throat and said “Ravi, don’t do things in hurry. It’s not about a thing, it’s about a girl and love. First let her understand you and let me know what she is thinking about you, then we will see”.

Said this i hung the call.

I had my lunch and slept for sometime. Pooja came to my home at 5 pm and we both went to terrace.

We were talking about our classmates, studies and some funny things happened.

She asked “Manu, how do you know Ravi?”

I thought why she is asking about Ravi. I replied “Nope, he is my cousin’s friend. Recently i met him. Why are you asking me?”.

She replied “nothing, thought of asking you. No specific reason”.

She asked again “how is he?”

I told her that he is doing good.

She asked again “arey, not that. Tell me about him, what he is doing?”

I told her that she can directly ask Ravi instead of asking me to which she replied that she can’t ask all these to Ravi and that’s the reason she asked me.

I understood one thing that she wants to know about Ravi.

She again asked me the same thing to which i replied that i don’t know more about him because he is not my direct friend.

I could see disappointment in her face. While she was talking with me, she was doing something in her mobile and this is the first time i am seeing her holding the mobile for more time and doing something.

I asked “Pooja, what are you doing? Why are you looking dull?”

She said “nothing like that Manu. We will go down and watch tv for sometime”.

We both went to downstairs. My mom bought us few snacks and handed over it to me.

My mom said “i am going out and will be back in 30 mins”.

She turned towards Pooja and asked “dear, will you be here till i come?” to which Pooja replied ‘yes’.

My mom left and we both were eating and watching tv.

I told about the message which i received last night and showed it to her.

She asked me who it was and i replied it could be Ravi.

Then she checked the number and said that it’s not Ravi.

She asked me “don’t you have Ravi’s number?”

I said “Nope, i have his old number and it seems he changed it recently. So i don’t have his new number”.

I asked her “are you sure that it’s not Ravi’s number?”

She showed her mobile which has Ravi’s number.

I said “yeah, its not Ravi’s number. Then whose number is this?”

To be continued........................

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/254024-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/278950-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279118-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279255-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279471-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279636-better-half-best-half-part.html

4 people like this.

2. ssudhan

ssudhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Divshiri87,

Nice Episode, again you left us in another suspense shakehead

Happy weekend.

3. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

oh such a lovely episode....
    u r so cruel :bangcomp: again left us in suspense....

4. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Very nice episode :) But so bad u always Stop at a very wrong place :( :( :bonk

5. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

@ssudhan, @twinklingstar and @meerasrini
    thank u all fr ur fb... Dnt u all like suspense??
    will post next post after this weekend...

1 person likes this.
  6. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Yes dear.We are loving it. So eagerly waiting ;) :cheers

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

awesome.... now who is this mystery person who messaged manu..

8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

liked the suspense!!! next part???

9. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Dear, i posted next episode. pls check..