1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Better half or best half??? Part-5

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by divshiri87, Nov 26, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

He started “When i see you for the first time, i thought of telling you on that day itself but i couldn’t. I can’t hide that from you for long time”.

Wow. Whatever happened in my dream, it’s going to be happen one day and that one day is today only. I didn’t expect this to happen so early.

Eagerly i was waiting for him to say those 3 words.
    .................................................................................................................................................................
    He said “I have no idea what you are thinking about me and i am sure that you know only my name and nothing else”.

I thought “why does he want to talk all these, when i am waiting for him to say those magical 3 words?”

He said again “of course, there is no need for you to know about me”.

I asked “how do you think that way? I want to know about you more than anyone else”.

He asked “what? Why do you want to know about me?”

I didn’t reply anything because i am expecting him to say that and he is trying to get from me.

I said again “i know that you want me to tell but i won’t”.

He said “I didn’t expect anything from you. Anyways i will tell you what i wanted to tell you from long back”.

He continued “I am in love with a girl whom you know”.

I thought “ahhh... Finally he said that he is in love with a girl. Why can’t he tell its me?”

I asked “is it? But why are you telling all these to me? And who is that girl?”

He replied “because you know that girl and i want you to tell this to that girl whom i love”.

I thought he will tell my name.

He said again “it’s none other than.............”

Oops why he stopped. I know it’s me and he gonna tell that girl is Manu.

He continued “it’s none other than Pooja, your friend”.

I asked “what?”

He replied “yes, it’s your friend Pooja. I know her from past 1 year. I liked her and started to love her”.

I thought “it’s me but suddenly he said Pooja’s name. Is he playing with me?”

I replied “Ravi, don’t play with me”.

He said again “No, that girl is Pooja. I love her more than anyone else”.

When i heard this, my eyes become wet. I left the place without uttering any word. I could hear that he is calling me but i can’t face him. I can’t show my face to him. I thought he is in love with me but suddenly he said that he is in love with Pooja. I still can’t believe what happened just now.

I didn’t go to Pooja’s house and started my way to my house.

My mom asked “Are you back? Didn’t you go to Pooja’s house?”

I didn’t reply and left to my room.

I closed the door and sat on my bed. Tears started rolling down.

I woke up from bed after sometime. I don’t know for how much time i cried.

I stood infront of mirror and saw my face. My eyes were red and anyone can understand that i cried. I don’t want my mom to know that i cried. I went to wash room to get refreshed. I couldn’t hold tears and started to cry again when i saw my face in mirror.

I thought myself “why this happened to me? He only came and spoke to me for the first time. Later also, he tried to talk to me. When i expected his love, he said he is in love with Pooja. How could he do this to me?”

I was angry at him and started to get angry at myself. It’s my foolishness to expect something like love from him when i don’t know anything about him other than his name.

I refreshed myself again when i heard my mom is knocking the door.

My mom said “Manu, are you sleeping?”

I didn’t reply anything so that she will assume that i am sleeping.

After sometime again my mom came and knocked the door. This time i don’t want her to wait for me so i opened the door.

When she saw my face, she asked “Manu, What happened? Aren’t you well?”

My mom touched my forehead and neck to check whether i have fever.

I said “nothing Ma, little headache. That’s why i slept”.

My mom said “are you alright now? Come and sit in hall, i will bring tea for you”.

I replied “No Ma, i don’t want tea”.

My mom said again “you said you have headache, have tea and you will be alright”.

She said again “ i am your mother, i know what to give you when you have headache”.

I replied “ok”. I didn’t say anything because i don’t want to talk to anyone.

Mom brought tea with biscuits. I felt relaxed after having tea. I thought myself “Mom is always mom. She knows me better than myself”.

She sat next to me. I asked my mom “shall i put my head on your lap?”

She replied “why do you want to take permission for that. Put your head on my lap and relax for sometime”.

She asked “do you want me to apply some medicine on your forehead?” to which i replied “no”.

I kept my head on mom’s lap and closed my eyes. I am surrounded by his thoughts.

I got up and sat next to mom. I asked her “Mom, shall we go to temple?”

My mom surprised and asked “What? You want to go to temple”.

This is a big surprise to her because this is the first time i asked her whether we can go to temple. I don’t know what made to ask her today.

My mom said “Ok, get ready and i will be ready in next 5 mins”.

She left to her room and i left to mine.

I wore simple pink and blue salwar-kameez and put pony tail.

My mom wore simple blue colored saree and she looks elegant in that.

My mom said “we both wore same colour”.

I replied “because we are friends”.

We both left home and on way to temple. We reached the temple in 10 minutes. My mom bought pooja items and we both went inside.

I closed my eyes and prayed to god. I stood there for more than 5 minutes and got interrupted when someone pushed me little.

My mom asked “can we do pradakshanam?”

I replied yes and we both started doing pradakshanam.

After 3 rounds, my mom said “I can’t do more as i have knee pain. If you want to do, you do and i will sit here”.

I don’t know whether to continue or not. I nod my head unknowingly. I started doing it again.

After two more rounds, i could feel someone is following me. I turned back and didn’t find anyone so started again. After another round, this time i knew for sure that someone is behind me. I don’t want to turn back now because if i turn now, that person will go. So i continued again. I walked for 50 mts and suddenly turned to see that person.

To be contined..................................

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/254024-better-half-best-half-part.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/278950-better-half-best-half-part.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279118-better-half-best-half-part.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279255-better-half-best-half-part.html

2 people like this.

2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Oh what a twist :2thumbsup: I really loved reading this story. Very eagerly waiting to know what happened next. :bonk.

1 person likes this.
  3. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Thank u priya for your first fb....
    Will post next episode soon....

1 person likes this.
  4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

oh heart breaking episode :-(
    these kind of things happen in that age...but that also has its own importance..isnt it??
    my god u stopped episode in such a big suspense. and remember if u dont post next one soon we wont spare you ...:)

5. ssudhan

ssudhan Silver IL'ite

Hi@divshiri87
    Nice and beautiful story
    For every episode you stop with big suspense
    Eagerly waiting for your next episode

6. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

@twinklingstar and @ ssudhan, thank you for your fb...
    @twinklingstar, will post next episode as and when i get time to write the story.

1 person likes this.
  7. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful Narration dear

1 person likes this.
  8. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

thanks for the post dear,,,,, shallo we have wait, for the next post to know who is following her.....

And how is ur health? take care... n get well soon for posting

1 person likes this.
  9. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

@meerasrini thanks for your fb...
    @srilaxmi thanks for your fb.. I am getting better... Will try to post on sun or mon...

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nice story Divshiri dear, waiting for the next part