1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Better half or best half??? Part-6

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by divshiri87, Dec 2, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

After two more rounds, i could feel someone is following me. I turned back and didn’t find anyone so started again. After another round, this time i knew for sure that someone is behind me. I don’t want to turn back now because if i turn now, that person will go. So i continued again. I walked for 50 mts and suddenly turned to see that person.
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................

Yes, it was him... Ravi...

I asked him “why are you following me?”

He replied “Why did you leave when i was talking to you?”

I have no answer so kept silent.

He said again “anyways i need some favour, can you do it for me?”

I said “why should i do favour to you?”

He replied “ofcourse, i know i am nothing to you. But i am asking you favour nothing much”.

He pleaded me for next 2 mins.

I noticed my mom coming towards me. She came and asked me “Manu, who is this guy?”

Before i could answer, Ravi said “aunt, i am Manu’s friend. I saw her now so thought of talking to her”.

My mom asked me “is it? What is the name of this guy?”

I replied “yeah mom, he is my friend and his name is Ravi”.

When i said this, i saw him and he smiled at me. My mom again said “i will wait there, come soon”.

Said this she left and again Ravi started asking me the same thing. I got angry and said “what is the favour you need from me?”. To which he replied “can you tell to your friend about my love towards her?”.

I replied “how can i tell her about your love? It’s your love and you need to tell her. You can’t expect someone to tell about your love. If you don’t have guts to tell, then don’t love”.

I copied dialogues from movies and said in a filmy way.

Ravi said “i know i should tell her but i never interacted with her previously. Tried to make conversation with her long ago, but when i see her i couldn’t express my love. And that’s the reason i am pleading you”.

I said “ok, i will introduce you to her and it’s your thing how you gonna deal it”.

He kinda jumped and came to sense that he is in temple. He took my hand and shook it and left.

I don’t know what i said to him and took time to understand myself about my interaction with him. When i saw him, i lost myself and spoke something without any thinking. Now when i think about that, i spoke something foolish and how can i introduce him to Pooja. She is such a reserved girl who never spoke much to boys. Without my senses, i promised him and now thinking what to do.

I am not sure whether he loves Pooja or not but what he spoke in temple is echoing. Even though it’s filmy dialogue, i really liked it.

For next two days i didn’t see Ravi.

Tring.... Tring..... My landline started ringing. My mom received the call and she called me. She handed over the receiver to me and said “it’s Ravi”.

I took the receiver and thought myself “why is he calling me? And how did he get my number?”.

With all my questions i said over phone “yeah Ravi, tell me”.

He said “Hi Manu, i tried to talk to you for last two days but you didn’t go to Pooja’s house and that’s why i called you now”.

I asked him “how did you get my number?”

He said “leave those petty things and you promised me that you will introduce me to Pooja. When are you planning?”

I replied “you won’t answer me what i asked you but you are asking me to do some favour. How do you expect me to do?”

He replied “arey Manu, come on. So you want to know how i got your number. Ok i will tell you. One day to be precise before 1 week you were talking to one of your friend and said your mobile is running out of charge and you asked her to call you after 15 mins to your landline. That time you told your landline number to your friend and that’s the way i got your number”.

He said again “so now i told you how i got your number. Can you please do me the favour which i asked you?”

I replied “let me think of it and i will tell you after sometime”.

He said again “ok, when can i call you back?”

To which i replied “no need to call me again. I will meet you tomorrow at the same place and same time”. Said this i hung the call.

Next day was Friday.

I didn’t go to Pooja’s house and got a call from Ravi asking me about the plan.

I said “sorry, i couldn’t make it today. Come to juice parlour tomorrow at 5 pm”.

I called Pooja and said “why don’t we meet tomorrow in juice parlour at 5pm?”

Pooja replied “is it? I thought of coming to your house and both can go to Veera’s house”.

Oops, i don’t know what to tell. I thought something and said “We can go to Veera’s house after meeting in juice parlour. Is it fine?”

Pooja replied “yeah ok. Both will meet there”.

I wore simple skirt and didn’t feel like seeing myself in mirror.

I told my mom that i will be at home after 7 pm and left. I went to juice parlour which is almost halfway to my house and Pooja’s house. I saw Ravi sitting in the corner table.

He wore blue jeans with white shirt and it’s one of my favourite combinations. I lost myself seeing him. I knew i am wrong and i shouldn’t think about Ravi but i couldn’t control myself thinking about him. May be time will heal.

I went directly to that table and sat. I saw my watch and it crossed 5pm. We both are waiting for Pooja. I could see anxiety and happiness in his face. Even i felt happy when i saw him with happy face.

Pooja came in black and white salwar. She looked beautiful in that dress and Ravi lost himself seeing Pooja. She waved her hand and came near to our table and sat.

I said “Pooja, this is my friend Ravi. I just saw him here and was talking”.

Pooja and Ravi shook their hands and when i saw that moment, i pacified myself that Ravi is not mine.

We three started chatting and restaurant boy came to our table with menu card and waited so that we can order something.

I ordered my all time favourite chikku milk shake and saw their faces.

Pooja and Ravi ordered mango milkshake at sametime. I felt both had good connection. After that again we started chatting and our order came.

I took straw and kept in glass to drink. Both Pooja and Ravi didn’t take straw and started to drink directly. I felt both are doing same thing. They both hi-fied and continued their drink.

I don’t want to be there for more time and told Pooja that we can leave. They both exchanged their numbers and i felt surprised because Pooja being a reserved girl started chatting with Ravi and took his number also. I felt its unusual but i didn’t think about that.

Ravi asked me “Manu, can i get your number too?”

Pooja said “What? Don’t you know her number?”. Pooja turned towards me and said “You said he is your friend and he doesn’t have your number”.

To which i replied “yeah, he is my friend only. He have my landline number and i got this mobile recently only. I didn’t share my number and that’s why he is asking my number”.

I told my number and we both left to Veera’s house and spent sometime there.

I reached home at 7.30pm. I sat on sofa and started changing tv channels. I had my dinner at usual time and went to my room after 9pm. I thought of messaging Pooja so took mobile and sent her a message in whatsapp. To my surprise she replied in next few seconds because she never replied this early. I need to wait for atleast 30 mins to get reply from her and today she replied in next few seconds after i messaged her.

I said “what a surprise Pooja? You replied so soon. Are you chatting with someone else?”

To which she replied “yeah, got a message from Ravi. I replied him and meanwhile i got your message so replied you”

I thought myself ‘they started chatting also’.

I asked Pooja directly “generally you are not interested to talk to boys and you started talking to Ravi on first meet itself. What made you to talk?”

Pooja replied “ i don’t know Manu. When i spoke to him for first time, i felt he is close to me. Even i am surprised”.

We chatted for next few mins. I was expecting a ‘thank you’ message from him but i didn’t receive any message. I fall asleep and suddenly my mobile flashed and heard notification sound.

I took my mobile and saw its already 12.30 and i was thinking who messaged me at this time. I opened whatsapp and saw ‘hi’ message from some number. I thought it could be Ravi and i slept again.

To be continued.....

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/254024-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/278950-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279118-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279255-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279471-better-half-best-half-part.html

3 people like this.

2. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful post dear :) Eagerly waiting for next post :) Amazing One it is.

3. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

@meerasrini thank you for your first fb.... Will come back soon with next episode
    @Arunarc thank you for your likes...

2 people like this.
  4. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

every post is ending with suspense,,,, again waiting

5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

wow wonderful....again suspense ending...but i love ur suspense.
    story going in very interesting way...

6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

nice post...!!! waitng fr th e next...

7. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

@srilaxmi,@twinklingstar and @BDivya
    thankyou all for your fb.. will post next soon.. stay tuned dears...

1 person likes this.
  8. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Below is the next part..

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279684-better-half-best-half-part.html

1 person likes this.