1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tried enough to lose weight!!! bt no results

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by sneha9p9, Jan 29, 2012.

1. sneha9p9

sneha9p9 New IL'ite

2. geethanjalis

geethanjalis New IL'ite

hi,
    take nutrilite products....i have answered one more thread regarding weight lose.i take tablets from nutrilite and see nice result from the past one month ...i got reduced 2kg....its true...try it yourself.i take iron-folic,cal-mag,multivitamin ...each one daily....but the price of the tablets are bit higher ...but it is worth enough.it has got no side effects ....it is the best thing about nutrilite products....do reply for queries related to my post....

3. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

It is good that u r health conscious. It does take sometime before you can see the weight loss. How long have you been following this exercise and diet?

What I found is that the weighing scale would show no difference, but I was looking slimmer and fitter. Maybe my muscle mass was building which is good.

I tried all sorts too and now finally I have decided not to worry but to continue with my walking and healthy diet so that I can at least maintain my current weight and not add any more! :)

I would advise you to eat whenever u feel hungry and also at regular intervals so that ur body understands that it will get nourishment regularly and so will not store fat.

Drink lots of water and eat your dinner by 7:30 in the night.

Regards
    Jay

2 people like this.
  4. shalini2009

shalini2009 New IL'ite

I have heard that Kollu (Horse gram dhal) is really helpful in burning fat. You can make rasam or include in your soup or fry and powder it and include in your food.

Please note that this will produce heat in the body so you should not take lots and keep yourself well hydrated.

Regards,

5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Sneha,

Have a good breakfast with proteins.Have 1/4 glass of skimmed milk before workouts.If possible replace night food with soup and 1 fruit(Like apple,orange etc).Wait for 10-15 days.You can surely see the result.

6. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

It is the combination of right exercises and diet that helps in shedding the extra fat, and maintain a trim/slim body.. Weigh loss is always good with a combo of cardio-vascular activity. Yes ! walking / running are so very good for weight loss.

Along with exercises, the food you in-take also matters. How much your body needs against how much you eat counts a lot !

First, calculate your BMR, which is your Body Metabolic rate. Your metabolism contributes a lot towards weight gain or weight loss. You could use this url for reference. BMR Calculator

If you eat very less, then the body will 'think' that there is scarcity of food, and start "storing" them instead of losing the fat.. So do not ever starve yourselves.Please eat a little bit of food, every 2-3 hrs through out the day, that way you keep the body in "fat burning mode". Eat more protein & fibre. Avoid fried items for a while.

Set small goals for yourself, and when you attain them treat yourself to something you really relish !

By the way, if you could calculate BMI some-where close by, find out what is your "Fat %". It is a good idea to concentrate on reducing "Fat %", than reducing just in your weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. So if you are exercising, then there is a good chance you are getting lean good muscles in place of fat. Muscles will make you look thinner though !!!
    ie If you take 2 people having similar body measuresments (chest waist hip etc), the person with more muscles wold weigh more than the other person.

Just like, how we did not gain all the weight in just couple of months, losing weight would also not be drastic. It is also not good, if you do a drastic weight loss.

All the best to stay Fit !!!!

Please add as much fiber and protein to your daily meal as possible.

BMR Calculator

7. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Mistakes in your diet please change

parathas made out of maida they will not let you loose weight and that too for a dinner
    Breakfast is very less: you should take atleast two to three fruits variety
    Lunch:Ildi!!!! Take a cup of brown rice and two cups of vegetable or kootu that is prepared
    Dinner:Take chapati without oil and side dish very light one or you can have salad also with No Mayonaise

Inbetween you can have peanuts very small quantity everyday also. DOnt much biscuit or any other food

Give two hours gap inbetween every food

Also one last rule patience is golden.The weight that you gained for a year will take one year to loose again.Thats the healthy way of loosing them orelse usine pills to loose weight is a very wrong strategy as they lead to definite long term after effect\

2 people like this.
  8. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

completely agree with the above posts esp just myself. When I hit a weight plateau I was told that i was eating too little. Your body is very powerful and can shut off your BMR if you starve. So increase and eat small and often. healthy foods. Also write down every thing: You Bite You Write. That way you can accurately gauge whether you are eating too little or too much.

BTW i added food (healthy) and was able to get the scales moving.

:cheers

minn1 and Megalife like this.
  9. ishaodissi

ishaodissi Junior IL'ite

hi sneha,

try GM diet.its a 7days diet plan.its good. i did and i lost 3kgs in 7days. u can try.just type in google GM diet plan.u ll get all the details.

thanks and regards,
    isha

1 person likes this.
  10. rashmii

rashmii Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    I feel the best way to reduce weight is by reducing the intake of carbs.
    And yes if you have a gym close by do join it really makes a difference you will see it within 3 months.
    Try drinking warm water with lemon juice and honey early in the morning empty stomach.
    All the best.