1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

lose your weight not your mind - book

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Mythraeyi, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I read this book when I had already lost 18 kgs of weight. Its a good read. Has this book helped me in weight loss??? No.

Will I recommend reading this book. YES.

Why?? Bcoz it makes you see the food in the right way. You no longer need to give up food, you just have to eat it in the right way and in the right quantity.

I picked up the habit of eating every after 2 hours from this book.

A very engaging and entertaining book. Author's style of writing is very good, fast paced and you will gain lot of knowledge.

As for weight loss, author suggests to consult a dietitian. She has give few case studies which you can read.

There was an old thread about this book where few ladies did had successful weight loss with it. Search for it.

Hope this helps.

regards.

3. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Mythraeyi,
    I would confidently recommend this book to you... coz i lost close to 10-12kgs with this book and it happened in a very healthy way... :)
    It was not that tough to diet with this book and i enjoyed the whole period when i was on diet...
    I blindly followed her four principles and tried to decrypt all her case studies and came up with my own diet plan... i just substiuited meals with what i can possibly make (say for chappathi, it was time consuming for me and would alternate it with wheat dosa) and sticked to the routine of eating every 2hrs...
    Did work out approximately for 30mins daily and it was all tough excersices and was happy with it as i could only spare tat much time regularly.
    Was avoiding rice, fried items and unhealthy snacks totally and the proportion of side dishes would be dominant in my plate :)
    After reading tat book, kind of stopped eating fruits in between the meals - would have it first thing int he morning and if cant find any other healthy snack, would have a fruits...
    Also another tip i got from it is, though u take snakcs as she says, stick to one type - channa or peanuts or cheese, dont mix different types - have one kind at a time - i took peanuts twice for snack and my mom used to wonder how i managed to lose weight eating peanuts - never took cheese though, as i was not a fan of it :)
    I would say that i got a lot from tat book than i paid for - i should actually thank the IL who started the other thread on this book ( as shiva mentioned) - otherwise i wouldnt have known about it at all...
    Now am off dieting, but i carry tat book vrever i go, its a kind of bible for me and in few days time am planning to start dieting again, hope i find time to excersice too...
    Hope this helps u...
    Wish u good luck wiht ur weight loss :)

4. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Sorry forgot to mention couple of things...
    I used to take protinex after my excersice everyday - was not a fan of protien drinks, but we got it gifted by dad's friends who came to visit him after he underwent a surgery - so just tried it - nt sure if it helped...
    And within one hour of protein drink, i used to take a bowl of oats with watever curry or sambar mixed with it...
    One other thing is tat i used to finish my dinner by 7.30 and usually sleep at 10... tat gives enough time to get ur food digested - i think this helps a lot too..
    Sometimes i take a glass of milk with honey/sugar in the night if i feel hungry.
    I literally drank sambar/curry and managed to keep off hunger in the night...
    But in the morning times, its quite easy as u get to eat every 2hrs... believe me u'll love it this way :)
    Do let us know ur progress - if u decide to go for it :)

5. neha_garg11

neha_garg11 New IL'ite

Hi,

I also read this book few days ago only. I am trying to follow her four principles. I take an apple and 2 Glass of warm water first thing in the morning. I make mistakes only after 6 pm. At that time i feel like eating anything Fried and heavy. I am trying to control myself.:bonk

6. neha_garg11

neha_garg11 New IL'ite

Hi Mia,

Can you please provide the details regarding your day diet and exercise. In how many months you lost weight . Can you please provide the detauls of your daily diet and exercise? It will be easier for us to follow.:drowning

7. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

thank you all for your feedback. I am going to get a copy now.

8. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Neha,
    Following was my diet chart - am flexible and kind of go with wat i have around for time being to eat...
    I usually wake up around 7-8 as i was BFing my son.
    So as soon as i wake up, i take a fruit - mostly apple or banana or papaya... sometimes twice with an hr gap, coz i take time to cook and then excersice and only then will take my bfast.
    7AM - apple/banana
    8AM - again fruits
    9AM - Excersice for 30mins - can do whatever u feel comfortable - mine majorly included surya namaskar and few warm up excersices and yoga postures which was taught by a friend of mine - dnt know how to explain them
    After excersice within 10mins i used to have protinex - nt sure hwo helpful it was.
    10.30 to 11AM - Oats cooked in water with 2tsps milk - i dnt add sugar or salt to it - i mix this with curry or sambhar or sometimes chutney too and eat (actually drink ;) ) - believe me its very filling :)
    1PM - 3Wheat dosas (dosas come handy as am lazy to prepare chappatis) with lots of veggies and curry/sambhar
    3PM - Peanuts - handful
    5PM - sprouts with pomegrante mixed at times, else its pure sprouts with lil honey
    7.30PM - again wheat dosa or ragi semiya or ragi dosa with lots of veggies and any gravy/chutney
    I sometimes take milk before going to bed - if i feel very hungry...
    Totally avoided rice and got used to it.
    Avoided tea and snacks too...
    In tat book, the author had given lots of tips for packing mid meals - u can check out the options tat might work out for u...
    I used to reduce around 2kgs every 2 weeks, but it took 2 months to reduce around 10kgs solid for me...
    Hope tat helps :)
    Wishing u a healthy weight loss :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Hi MiaSen,
    Have a very small question do you eat the peanuts roasted or soaked one.
    I would like to eat the peanuts soaked overnight and it tastes very good

10. neha_garg11

neha_garg11 New IL'ite

Hi Mia,

Thanks a lot for the information.:) My main problem is that i can control myself till 6 Pm only. After that i eat like a hell. :bonk That is the main reason that i am not able to lose weight. I need to lose 30 Kgs . I donot know how i will lose that.