Finest Posts - November 2011 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Here in the east coast of US, there has been a big confusion. The nature itself has gone a little berserk and suddenly poured snow over its unsuspecting earthlings.:idontgetit: From a mild autumn weather, we quickly slipped into the slushy white winter.:drowning Everyone was rushing to fish their boots and winter jackets out and had not even the time to get the smell of the moth balls out of them.:!: A Surprise it was.

So, can you blame poor little me if I too got all lost and puzzled in these climes!:help Never even realized that October was ending and November is at the doorstep. I had not even started a new thread for nominations in honor of November! :eek:mg:

But then, as they say, better late than never. So here it is, your November thread to nominate our exciting contributions and narrations. Go ahead folks, we are waiting to start the month with a bang...

L, SoaringSpirit and Kamla

*Please add the Links to your nominated posts.*
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

4. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamla,
    I'd like to nominate Kamalji's post It Took Ten Years for this month's FP. This post narrates incidents of simple people displaying the ever-dwindling characteristics of Dharma. The post serves as an inspiration to all of us that there are still a few good souls on Earth and that all is not lost in this KaliYug. As the Tamil poet Avvayar says "Thollulagil nallar oruvar ularel avar poruttu ellarkkum peiyyum mazhai" [If there is one good person on this planet, then the skies will open and shower rain on Earth just due to that one good person.]

2 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

As usual, you have stamped your trademark on this month's nomination thread. With your opening touch, I am sure the month is going to rock with nominations!
    Thanks for nominating Srama's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/150019-it-is-that-time-year.html. This year's Halloween is just behind us and the post has a timely(can I say that?!) topic.

L, Kamla

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla and SS,

I would like to draw your attention to these two threads in the "health, Diet and fitness" forum. In the war against weight, two ILites are doing a commendable job of steering and encouraging ILites in their own way. If Sabari (upfsabari) is encouraging and nudging ILites to wake up a little early to squeeze that "me" time, Pavithra (ptamil2007) is offering the variety they need to keep up and do something meaningful with that "me time". What a wonderful combination of threads to have going side by side at the same time . Though I have not participated in either of them, I know and believe in both the ideas - of waking up early and to change that exercise routine to keep us engaged and focused. So I bring these two threads for nomination this month-

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/148806-early-rise-challenge.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...148959-variety-pack-challenge-nov1st-dec.html

Just readng the title of these threads are inspiration enough for me, I can only imagine what it is doing to the participants! I wish I could nominate in two seperate months, but I find them go so much hand in hand that I could not refrain from nominating both of them together.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kottravai,

Thank u so much, i am honoured.

Thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla:

Have you read KKrish's Brain Freeze? If you haven't, you have wasted your life so far. And if you rush right off and read it right away, your life will be an epitome of fulfillment irrespective of what you have done so far.

KKrish has produced a piece of magic and I have already commented on it. She has produced beauty out of pain. She has transformed struggle into a blooming flower. This post is enormously mature, it is profoundly honest, it is a writer's ultimate homage to the art of writing. She speaks of Thyagaraja's decision not to compose a Bhairavi because it was too beautiful and he was unable to beautify beauty. The Bhairavi-s she has in mind are other snippets in the Forum. How great her modesty!! And I was reminded of another great artist, Tagore as I read her. Please check my fb at her post (probably the first one) to find out what brought Tagore to my mind.

I hope her post makes it to the top position. If it does, I can't tell you how happy I shall be. By telling us she doesn't know what to write, she has taught us (or at least me) what writing is all about. It is the way she said it that made me feel that I have finally found what I thought I never would find.

In case I haven't clarified myself enough, this is my nomination for best post for November.

Love.

oj-da

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.