Finest Posts - August 2010 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

August is at the doorstep! We step well into the second half of 2010. The year has gone far too fast for me, I am sure most of you agree with me!

It also means the school vacations are coming to an end or ended for some. Looks like this summer has been really hot for most of us no matter where we live. At least, it is in sync with the hot hot nominations we received this July! The rocking energy that prevailed in our forum was very perceptible. We hope the same spirit and energy continues into August. Do spare some time and thought for the wonderful posts that seem to invade our forums these days and nominate them so all of us can take the pleasure of reading them.

We also take this opportunity to wish you and us a Happy Independence Day celebrations. Onam greetings and Happy Rakhi wishes in advance to all the sisters and brothers!

Do remember, our nominations are for two categories: Finest Narration and Finest Contribution.

Now the stage is set, looking forward to the first act...Hello, anyone out there?!

L, SoaringSpirit and Kamla

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

It is my good fortune to read a second superb post this time from Mindi, as follows

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/103542-the-freak-accident.html

what i love is the attitude she has, so positive, inspite of the hardship she suffered, the humour in spite lf thepain, hats off to her.

A must read, kamla and SS, i know u are busy, but read both the posts that i have niominated, or the loss will be yours and not the writer's :biglaugh

Regards

kamal

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

What a pleasure to see you making the opening post for this month's nomination thread.

When you come, you make sure that it is the pick of the lot.

Yes, who is not a fan of Meenasankaran these days?! Her http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-what-did-humpty-dumpty-have.html#post1336703 was a laugh riot to read.

Mindi, we all know Mindi. There was a lot to learn from her post http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...on/103542-the-freak-accident.html#post1334641. Well, things happen to us and we should know how to deal with it.

Thanks for the nominations.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    When you leading and floading with such lovely post for the nomination how can anyone dare to go against you.
    You have already nominated the best posts till now. I have come twice but have returned to see the thread i wish to nominate are already been done:biglaugh
    Looks like, like me even you are getting addicted to Meena's writtings.:biglaugh

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

-but read both the posts that i have nominated, or the loss will be yours and not the writer's
    -Miss it at yr own peril.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am sort of afraid now!:hide: Though glad to see you frequent us with great nominations, you seem to come here warning us of dire consequences...:drowning Ji, Kamalji, why so?!

Haa...now I get it! You are so excited after reading the wonderful posts from Meenasankar, Mindian and others that you do not know what to do with your excitement I guess? :)

Well well, never mind, you can threaten us as much as you want! As long as you come here nominating posts like http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...4210-how-do-you-measure-love.html#post1344045, we will not take it otherwise and will fully understand what drove you to this energy!

L, Kamla

8. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

10. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

I would like to nominate a poem written by Vidyathan called 'Speed' for this month's finest post. I see the makings of a great poet in her. I wish her good luck and hope she continues to pursue her journey with 'speed' in her quest for the unknown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.