1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What did Humpty Dumpty have that I don't?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 29, 2010.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

If I weren’t in so much pain, I would howl in indignity. How dare they! I am quite thoroughly insulted and rightfully so.

Let me ask you something. When Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, didn’t ‘all the king’s horses and all the king’s men’ try their best to put him back together? Did the King summon the Palace janitor and order him to patch Humpty Dumpty together with Gorilla super glue? Of course not! The entire kingdom marched to save him. They failed but that is neither here nor there. I am sure Humpty’s soul rests in peace today knowing that he died with his dignity intact. So why, I ask you, don’t I rate the same courtesy?

No, I have no head injuries. I am quite sure that I have no concussion either. But I do have 4 holes in my stomach. And that, my friends, is the source of my ever-rising irritation.

If you knew me personally, you would know that weight loss has always been the elusive pot of gold at the end of my rainbow. So you can understand my reaction when my doctor told me last week that my gallbladder had to be surgically removed. Okay fine, so I needn’t have squealed with glee and grabbed the ‘doc’ to waltz in the 4x4 examination room but hey, is it my fault I didn’t know that gallbladder is a teeny tiny sac the size of my palm? Isn’t it just my luck that the one part that I can afford to lose happens to weigh under a pound or so? Why couldn’t it weigh, say, 20 pounds? Chop, chop and I would have been 20 pounds lighter today. I give up now. When the many forces of the universe at large conspire to keep you (there is only one way to say it) chubby, what’s a girl to do?

Coming back to why I feel insulted, guess what the great doctors at the hospital did? You can’t guess, I bet. After yanking my gallbladder out, you would think that they would have the courtesy to stitch me back together, wouldn’t you? A few simply sewn stitches (I am not asking for French knots here, mind you) that I can show my husband to justify the enormous bill that is coming our way. For thousands of dollars, they could not bother to leave behind some eensy weensy sutures?

An even bigger dilemma is this. What do I say to all those friends who have cooked their hearts out for my family this week when they ask ‘When are you going back to get your stitches out?’ How do I tell them that I don’t need to go back? How do I tell them that the doctors actually slapped some ‘derma glue’ on me and sent me home? Glue, for god’s sakes! How insulting, really! What did Humpty Dumpty have that I don’t, I ask you.

Until I am strong enough to get up and stomp my feet around to vent this anger, this post will have to do.

--------------------------------------

he he he....I wrote this a few weeks ago on one very mad morning just out of the hospital.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Haahh meena..I can only say that was maybe because you did not sit on a wall and have a great fall…Can't possibly think of anything else.:)
    Ohhh I too did not know that the gall bladder was so insignificant a thing (doesn’t it sound very majestic) and didn’t make any difference to the weight.:biglaugh
    Re your friends I can imagine…I went through the same thing..after coming back to Kl in crutches my friends started visiting me here with food and I swear each of them commented" Hey you have put on weight and do not look like an invalid at all" because that one months rest at bros place had really made my face look so fresh…..and it was with guilt that I took all their parcels.:rotfl:rotfl

But seriously, hope you are doing well and managing fine.Got help?.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena

How are you now? Whatever you write, you write in such a humour. Hope you are better now. All the best.

love
    viji

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meena..
    that was hilarious.. you write very well.. full of humour... It reminds me of a the time when I was due for an operation and my friend had come with her DD to meet me the day before at home and told me "Aunty you don't look so sick then why are you having an operation?"
    K

5. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Hahahaha Meena Sankaran - You ARE the limit I say! Like the 'Sanga Kaala Warriors' you want a 'Vizhu Punn' which you will be proud of?
    I repeat 'you are the limit'.......

6. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Did Humpty die? Oh no, you are having me grieve for him all over again......I felt terribly sad when I was told this rhyme in kinder......and now I feel terrible all the more :)

How are you feeling now? Ha ha, it is sad that the gall-bladder always gets a rough treatment in life, not only it gets underestimated, people hardly seem to miss it :)

Get well soon dear !!!

Hugs,
    Sujatha

7. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena,

Hope you are fine now.

That was hilarious and I enjoyed it.

:biglaugh

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Meena

Wonderful and hilarious post. Each and every word of the post were Shrieking from humor.

Its a rare gift that everyone doesnt have. Making someone laugh is really a difficult job, and you seems to do that with ease.

Get well soon.

P.S. I think you can go back and sue the doc, saying tyhat u have itching bcoz their super duper glue and get stitches again :))))

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Meena, a "mad morning" brought this out of you, now I don't even know what can actually mak eyou 'mad'!!! It indeed is a gift to have this sense of humor!!

and to your friends who have said
    I am sure you would have said, 'stitches, what stitches....the GORILLA glue has gobbled them up'.

On a serious note, hope you are feeling better and completly healed. Thanks for helping us understand that there can be humor in everything - only if we choose to see!!

10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear meena,

Hahaha....! You have proved that anything can be written with humour. Hope you are completely allright now. thanks for the superb writing dear.

ganges