1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post Partum Weight Loss Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kashvya, Oct 28, 2011.

1. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Hello All

I delivered my baby 3 months and have gained lots of weight over my already overweight frame :(
    I'm ready for a challenge to lose weight in a healthy way recommended for BF mothers.
    Please share tips on exercising and diet recommended.

I want to lose atleast 24kgs. The main aim is to look good for my son's first birthday.
    I'm going to add a ticker to my signature later

Admin Note: Do check the following links for information post pregnancy fitness

Say Goodbye to Love Handles
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/forward-messages-and-jokes/131338-post-pregnancy-exercise.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...e/203211-how-lose-weight-after-pregnancy.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/180835-mommy-after-the-birth.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...o-fitness-during_and_after_pregnancy-pdf.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/168444-pregnancy-weight-after-cesaren.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013

2. priasen

priasen New IL'ite

hi, I am in the same situation except that mine are almost 2 yr and still i need to lose around 20kgs. I really want to lose weight.. let me know what is your diet plan and exercise plan

3. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Priasen

Sure.I have nothing concrete..I'm going to follow some ground rules and evolve a plan. For now..no fried food / sweets and aerobic walking for 45 mins

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

hello kashvya,

As a new mom your first priority shd be your baby's well-being. Having said that it does not mean you shd ignore yourself. Your basic rules of avoiding sweets and fried food is really good. Stick to it. Start with walking and then slowly increase your time. Once in a month go for facial clean-ups, this will rejuvenate you and also give a confidence in looks.

5. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the advice pman...really well said :)

6. nigu

nigu Silver IL'ite

Is this challenge still on.. Can we keep this thread active ?
    New Moms please join in ..Lets keep the ball rolling .

7. nigu

nigu Silver IL'ite

No New moms ready in for it ?

8. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

dear friends,
    thanks for starting this thread. My DS is almost 1 year now. I gained almost 50 lbs extra on the already slightly over weight body. i felt miserable initially I should say.... then when my son was 3 months I started work out daily at home for 30- 40 minutes... burnt 400 cal. daily religiously. my mom use to take care of my DS. then I ate healthy food... avoided sweets and fried food... added salad, soup and roti to my diet..... first my weight loss was sluggish but.... it improved slowly and I knocked down 25 lbs in 4 months . then when my DS started crawling I started losing automatically.
    now.... I still need to lose 20 more lbs ... lets keep motivating each other friends...
    no short cuts.... healthy diet and excersise is the only rule...
    good luck to all

9. nigu

nigu Silver IL'ite

Hi MagicWorld,
    For my first son I gained around 40 Lbs . Lost 70% of it by ex and diet BF dint help me at all may be I over ate.
    I carried aount 7.5 Lbs from previous pregnancy and another 7.5 Lbs from this pregnancy .
    I'm on 6 week of post pregnancy planning to do 20 Mins of Elliptical not only to loose weight but to increase my stamina .
    Also my tummy looks like chapati flour so loose I also plan to tone my abs .
    I'm not in a hurry I have lots of time to do it ?

How does ypur tummy look is it toned or still loose ?

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hello Kavitha, Welcome back maam :) Congrats on your motherhood. Its 2 yrs since i delivered and my tummy still looks 5 months:-(.
    Main issue with mother/granny is that they feed a lot of ghee since you are BFdg.I would say just a spoonful for a day is more than enough.Eat healthy foods...say vegetables and fruits in every meal that you take.avoid sweets...for sure.more around lil bit and do lighter exercise, say walking, lying down and stretching legs etc. The age old method of tying a saree or dhoti on tummy will definitely help in reducing tummy.I did'nt do that :-( My cousin did and she is back in shape.
    Hope this helps.