pregnancy weight after cesaren

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Ruchi002, May 25, 2012.

1. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

hi,

i had my ceasrean on 3rd april 2012 that means almost 8 weeks ago. i just wants to know as if i can start exercise to loose fat now specially belly fat.. am very fond of dancing and use to do alot of dancing and yoga before pregnancy. may i resume them now? i am not having any problem in my stitches infact never had after cesaren.

pls suggest as if it is safe to restart yoga and dancing?

also i am breastfeeding regularly since delivery. many ladies told me that there is no need to do any thing only breast feeding will help to reduce fat but i do have a doubt on. is it true?

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ruchi,
    Hold on and attend your kid as of now...it is generally recommended not to follow any exercises till minimum of 3-4 months if you have done C-sec and after this consult your doctor whether you could start with exercises//
    please DO NOT do any exercises till 3 months...
    Mine was Cesarean and i dint do any exericise for close to 5 months...
    BF helps to loose weight but i also found tht it doesnt work for all..for me,it did help a bit..
    So as for now,dont worry and be happy with your kid
    consult your doctor before proceeding with exercises..
    Allthe best!!!!!

3. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

really??????? i have heard that breast feeding helps infact i did lots of research on internet regarding it and every where they said that it is helpful in reducing weight

ok did you had ghee and sweets made of sugar after cesarean as my mom if feeding me and says that it is very important. infact my mother in law started giving me ghee just after 19 days.

i don't want to eat those things but they force me. in this situation i really scared as if i will ever be able to reduce mu tommy and fat.

pls suggest.

4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ruchi

My doctor gave me the go ahead to do exercises after 6 weeks of my c-section.
    She said, you are free to do anything dear, just start slow. Dont jump into vigorous training immediately. Increase the pace slowly everyday.
    I specifically asked her if I can do abdominal crunches to improve the muscle tone. She said to go ahead and that I am completely fine.

Just check with your doc. I guess it varies person to person depending to degree of recovery from c-section.

5. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

hey let your baby be of three months for doing complete dancing and yoga. till that time start brisk walking.
    yes undoubtedly breast feeding reduces weight. It helps each and every lady if you are breast feeding in right way. but if your calorie requirement is 3000 total( yours and babys) and you are eating mind lessly and taking 4500 calorie then there will be no weight loss. but on other hand you will gain weight.
    Breast feeding evoke hormonal response to loose weight.

now plan your meal properly with right nutrients and walk. You will surely reduce.

take care

1 person likes this.
  6. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

thanks dr. surabhi for your valuable information. i also want to know exactly what shall me diet . pls let me know and also want to know that my mother is giving me a lot of ghee these days but i know after 3rd month i will not eat that. will it give a bad effect or it's ok till for now.

7. drsurabhijain

See in our Indian families Mom and MIL gives lot of ghee after delivery.Ideally that preparation should contain ajwain , sauth,Til,makahne,gud,gaund , dry fruits, laudhha ( some herb i don't know its other name, and some other herbs. Now that therapy is for 21 days ( but it should be given in proper way) . My mom ( gynaecologist0 gave me all that.you can gain 2-3 kg in that first month. That time i did a complete research that why those things are given. But its very easy to lose it later.
    In older times there were no supplements so our old physicians developed whole new medicinal science ( AYURVEDA) ....their level of intelligence was awesome.
    now the reason of making it calorie dense was
    1. breast feeding
    2. nutrient loss in child birth\
    3. lady becomes very weak.
    4. many other indian traditions which don't let women to eat properly.
    5.most importantly those iron rich and other nutrient rich food is considered very hot/heavy.. so you have to take that with ghee....

So now You decide are you getting the needed ingredients or not. Now we have calcium, iron, Multi vitamin supplements that you can take./
    12 kg is normal weight gain in pregnancy. you can easily lose 10 kg later.
    you have to plan your diet, exercise and after breast feed your kid.
    but eating ghee and sleeping will increase your weight. take nutrient rich balanced diet.

8. Ruchi002

Ruchi002 New IL'ite

dr surabhi you had normal delivery or cesarean? as i had cesarean and mother in law started giving me ghee just after 18 days which was obviously harmful but she didn't listen any body. i think ghee is harmful for me but old ladies don't understand. they say if u will not eat than how will u feed baby. i am so tensed and worried about my weight and tummy. will it ever go ? what shall i do? is it necessary to eat ghee for milk production or just a myth?

9. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear ruchi,
    Don't worry about ghee. Having 5-6 spoons ghee daily will not cause harm if you are an active person.

Here is an article why ghee is given post partum

Nourishing Postpartum Women With Food « Whole Foods Family

When your doctor gives u ok start by walking daily 15-20 mins and then increase time as u gain strength. Ghee is important but in moderation. Ur MIL is actually taking care of you. Good luck.

FL.

10. drsurabhijain

Hi Ruchi,

Don't worry. Plan your food with high nutritious value. till 45 days have that if you want. see i would also suggest you take conventional preparations made by your MIL( but in right way)

I explained what are conventional preparations. That will give you nutrients and energy.
    even i had cesarean. and ate all the conventional things for 21 days. now I don't have any back pain( side effect of spinal anesthesia)

after 8 weeks start walking and after 3 months can do yoga and other exercises. you can easily reduce while breast feeding. dont worry.