Congratulations on delivering your bundle of joy! As you get back to your routine life now, you wish your belly would return to its pre-pregnancy phase too. Did you think that the moment the baby is delivered you will be on your way to a flat stomach? Well, you are not alone in thinking like that.
The fact is that though you have lost the bulk of the pregnancy weight, you still have to deal with some extra belly fat and unless you pay attention to it, the muscles will stay flabby. Fat loss also helps in reducing the risk of various diseases, helping you take greater care of your baby and enjoying life to the fullest.
Recommendations to get back in shape post pregnancy
If you are not an exercise person or have not been exercising through your pregnancy, then you should begin your exercise routine with walking.
- A brisk walk for about 15 minutes every day is a great way to ensure that you are on track to lose the excess fat.
- Basic crunches, abdomen strengthening maneuvers, pelvic tilts, cardio workouts, Kegels, and aerobic exercises like cycling should be the next level.
- Yoga asanas, like the Kapalbhati, as well as Pilates, help to tone your core muscles and lose fat easily.
- To make the best use of your exercise routine, you need to remember a few things. Start slowly and increase the intensity of your workout as your stamina increases.
- It is always good to exercise with someone working towards the same goal for continued inspiration and focus. A post natal workout class is an excellent option for this very reason. But do not be too harsh on yourself. Remember it took all of 9 months to put on that weight, therefore give it enough time to return back to normal.
- And finally, consult your doctor before starting with a new exercise routine.