1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden & revealed - part iv

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ASHWINRAJ, May 29, 2013.

1. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

HIDDEN & REVEALED - PART IV

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/218402-hidden-and-revealed-part-i.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/218933-hidden-and-revealed-part-ii.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/219214-hidden-and-revealed-part-iii.html

I left the room. Thirty minutes later Shiva and I were going to our room.

DAY 5

The next day afternoon, I called my mom.

My mom picked the phone after a couple of rings.

“Hi ma, What are u doing?”

“I just finished watching my favourite serial.”

“Oh mom, I guess that serial will never end. What happened to that girl? Did she get married with her lover?“

“No the marriage stopped because her grandmother died.”

“Mom, guess I will get married before the girl in the serial gets married.”

“There are chances.” She said in a merry. “Anyways, what’s the matter? How is Anu? “

“Yes, she’s doing good mom. She has gone to Noida for some personal work it seems. She won’t be here for a week. I am wondering what work it will be for a week. I am afraid that it may be her engagement.”

“Well jillu, it certainly won’t be so. You like her so much. True Love never fails.”

“That’s true mom. I am planning to go to Noida for a week and check if things are fine. Just ask dad to deposit Rs.5000 in my ICICI bank account mom and ask brother to top up my mobile for Rs.500. I have spoken to my manager and asked permission for a week.”

“Ok da jillu, how are you going to go?”

“By train mom, tonight. Shiva is accompanying me.”

“That’s good. Please take care of ur health. Eat in good hotels.”

“Sure thing ma.”

“Wait jillu, one more thing.”

“Yes ma.”

“No adventures. Promise me. And take care of my daughter in law. Keep me posted.”

“Sure ma. Promise and yes I will take care of her, but before that I need to speak to her once which is being the most difficult thing.”

“Don’t worry jillu. You will succeed in everything and anything u do. Be patient and she is only yours.”

“Thanks mom. Love u.”

“Love u jillu. Take care.”

I hung up the phone. If I had told someone that I spoke with my mom regarding Anu, they would be shocked as well as surprised. I had the coolest parents in the world.

Most of the parents in the world try controlling their children especially during adolescent stage. But my parents were totally different. They never controlled nor restricted me. Though my parents were kind of strict during exams, otherwise they never interfered in anything I did.

They always believed that I would never do anything unethical or wrong. This faith towards me always guided me towards the right path.

Mom and dad were never against me falling in love with Anu. In fact, once I even asked my parents to come to office in the evening. She was walking past when I showed her to them. The very same instant, they were happy and satisfied with my Anu. They even told that they’ll speak to her parents but I was totally against it.

“Shiva, are you ready?”

“Yes machi. Two minutes.”

“Okay. Take your time. The train is at 10:00pm.”

“Yeah okay da.” Shiva said as he was doing the packing.

Dad knew a person at the Indian Railway Board. She was a very good family friend of ours. Her name was Sindhu. I called her to ask if the tickets are available.

“Hi Sindhu aunty, how r u?”

“Hey raghav, it’s been a long time. Am doing well. How are you?”

“I am doing fine aunty. I need a favour.”

“Go on. Tell me.”

“Actually, I need to go to Noida today for some personal work. I just wanted to know if there are any tickets available. I need two tickets”

“Ok fine. I will just check and call you back.”

I received a call after five long minutes.

“Raghav, this is Sindhu.”

“Yes, Aunty are tickets available? “

“Yes, it is available but only in First Class.”

“That’s awesome. How much will it cost aunty?”

“Around 3,600 rupees.”

“Okay, you don’t mind sponsoring right? You already owe me one treat don’t you?”

“Yes, but isn’t this a costly treat?”

“Maybe but I know you can manage aunty. I will come to the station and call you to receive the tickets. Thank you. Bye.”

“Hey ahhh... okay. Wait, don’t hang up. Why are you going to Noida? Is it because of Anushka?”

Mom, you told her is it? I imagined.

“Yes aunty, All for my Anu.”

“Okay fine. All the best for your love.”

“Thanks aunty. Take care. Bye.”

By the time I hung up the phone, Shiva was ready with his bag.
    “I’m ready da.” He said with a glee.

“That’s cool Shiv. We’ve tickets only in the night train 10:00pm. We’ll collect the tickets from my family friend at the railway station.”

“So at 10:00pm is it. There is still around 5 hours. What do we do?”

“Well, we need to work out a few statistics.” I said with a big smile on my face.

“Stat... What? What do u mean? I don’t understand.”

“Shiva, we don’t know anything about Anu in Noida. I mean where she lives, how to go and so on. We need to find that.”

“What do u mean we?”

“There’s the twist. We can make good use of these 7 hours Shiv.”

“Good use? Please tell clearly.”

“Okay fine. Listen up Shiv. First we are going to get her details from two persons. We need to meet them in person. Then we need to get a ‘HOW TO SPEAK HINDI IN A DAY’ book so that we can manage it there. Then we will have dinner and start to the railway station. I hope am clear.”

“Yes, but who are the two persons?”

“Well, you know them Shiv.” I said winking at him.

“Me? Okay tell who are they?”

“Well the first person is Lavanya and the second person is Sudha.”

“With Sudha it’s fine. She’s pretty close with me and with Anu. But I don’t know who Lavanya is.”

“Lavanya is my good friend and co-incidentally Anu’s hostel mate. They live in the same hostel. I came to know this only few weeks back. If we can meet her up, it will be quite helpful. I had already asked her to get the details last week. She had her brother’s marriage last week. I also went right. But I didn’t want to disturb her there. Now I guess it’s the right time Shiv.”

“Okay fine. We’ll start. Where is Anu’s hostel by the way?”

“It’s near Royal Women’s Hostel, Mambalam. While coming back we can meet Sudha at Guindy and we can leave to the railway station.”

“Sounds like it will be tight as far as the time is concerned machi.” Shiva said in a worried tone.

“Yes and we’ve to hurry.”

Shiva and me started. I had the gut feeling that everything was getting along well. I was praying hard that nothing should have happened to Anu or her family. We reached Mambalam at 6:00pm. Since Lavanya didn’t want us to meet her near the hostel. We met at CCD (Cafe Coffee Day) nearby.

I introduced Lavanya and Shiva to each other. Shiva was instantly impressed with her mannerisms, her charm and of course her looks.

Shiva first Anu and then Lavanya, please. I thought within myself.

The whole time I talked with Lavanya, Shiva was like filled with awe. She too seemed to like him.

“Ok lavi, so we’re starting to Noida tonight. I want to know the details which you collected.”

“Ok fine. Is he accompanying you? Wow that’s sweet of you to help for ur friend’s love.”

“Yes, people say I’m very sweet. Right raghav?”

I was like please stop it guys. You’ll get a chance. I am in a hurry. But I just gave a blank smile.

“Ok lavi. Time’s running out. I’m in a hurry. So please...”

“Ok raghav. She lives in a town called Kakod in Gautam Buddha nagar district in Noida.

“There you have to go into the town around 3kms. Her place is near a super market named some singh... Ah! I forgot it’s name. But it the next house to the super market.

“Okay, I think this is enough. Excuse me guys I need to call someone.”

“Take your time.” Shiva said as though he was waiting for such an opportunity.

I had called Sudha and asked her to come to Guindy Estate bus stop at 8:00pm. And now its It was 7.30pm.

“Shiva, we need to leave now. Right away.”
    “Can’t we...”

“No.” I said strongly.

He looked at me in disappointment.

“Excuse me lavi.” I said and took Shiva aside.

“Look Shiva, Lavanya doesn’t have a boyfriend and she’s single. I know you think she’s hot. She’s safe here in Chennai. But I don’t know about Anu. I am worried about her. Now move so that we can go and meet sudha and catch the train on time. I promise that if you co-operate I can even speak to Lavanya regarding you.”

“You really will?” He asked in an excited tone.

I was angry that he never paid attention to other things I said but the words “I promise that if you co-operate I can even speak to Lavanya regarding you.”

Anyways he was in the same state as me - In love so I could totally understand his situation.

“So lavi, we are leaving. Have to catch the train.”

“Okay guys. Catch u later and Take care. All the best Raghav. Keep me posted.”

Before I could tell “Sure”, shiva interrupted. “Sure, I can update you as he will be busy, but how can I update when I don’t have ur number?”

“Well you can get it from your friend.” She said smiling.

“That’s cool lavi and shiva. Now let’s make a move.” I said hurriedly.

As I said that, I witnessed another scene but this time between lavi and Shiva. It was like as though two lovers were getting separated because the guy has to go out of station.

I started and reached Guindy Estate bus stop at 8:30pm. The traffic in peak hours is so horrible that we were late by half hour.

“Hi sudha. How are u?”

“Am fine Raghav. How about you?”

“Worried but fine. By the way this is Shiva, my best friend.”

“Oh... Hi. How r u?” She asked

“Am fine. Thank u.” He replied.

“So then tell me raghav. What is so urgent?”

“Well, I am starting to Noida to see Anu. I am really worried about her. She has gone home for a week. I suspect something bad like marriage or someone close to her has fallen ill. Just wanna ensure that everything is fine.”

“Though me and Anu are close, She keeps things to herself.
    Anyways what help can I do for you?” Sudha asked in a surprised tone.

“Well, you know a hotel in kakod right? I just want you to book a room for three days.”

“Yes, I do. My father was the manager of the hotel. I can arrange it no issues. Is there anything else da?”

“Well, I need a person who can guide me through Noida like pick up from station and help me in the routes. Could you arrange that too?”

“Not a problem, the hotel will arrange that too.” She said smiling.

“The last one I need Anu’s phone number just for emergency purposes.”

“Sure, I will send a text message now.”

“Thanks a lot sudha. I really owe you one.”

“This is nothing more than what you did.”

“Don’t mention it.” I said smiling.

“Okay I won’t. You’re such a sweet person. Anu’s is very lucky.”

“I hope I am more lucky than her.”

“Of course you are raghav.” Shiva and sudha said in chorus.

We spoke with her for half hour. We got Anu’s phone number just for emergency purposes. We left at 9.00pm

Shiva told me in a surprised tone “Man, people really do things for you. I mean everyone.”

“Yup” I said smiling.

“Why did she say that ‘This is nothing more than what you did.’?”

“Oh... That’s a long story. But in short, I donated blood for her father’s heart operation. Mine’s a rare blood group (AB –ve).
    That’s the reason man.“

“Oh, you’re such a nice person and a very good friend for all.” Shiva said in a satisfied tone.

“Thank you. Now let’s have dinner and rush to the station.”
    We finished dinner by 9:15pm. I called up Sindhu aunty. We entered the railway station. Though it was a weekday the crowd was so much. I wondered where all went despite the recession and economic breakdown. But I realised there were many youngsters like me. Maybe they are also going in search of their love, I thought.

We met Sindhu aunty and got the tickets. First class A/C. Shiva was delighted. The train started. Shiva had been pestering me for Lavanya’s number for the past 4 hours. Finally when I gave it, he called her and they were talking all night. There blossomed another Love story.

I was thinking about the next steps as to what to do. It was side berth for us. Shiva took the upper one and I took the lower. Others were kind of pretty old people except a man. He was a singh with a turban. He was not looking healthy. He entered and straight he went to bed.

“Guess he had a tough day at office.” I thought.

I messaged my mom that I started safely. I also messaged Sudha and Lavanya. While mom and Sudha replied, Lavanya was busy talking phone with Shiva.

I was happy that I took one step towards Anu and one step towards Noida. I fell asleep.

DAY 6:

It was 9:00am in the morning, when I woke up we were in . . .

To Be Continued . . .

2. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

your way of narration is very interesting Ashwin :)

1 person likes this.
  3. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Thank you Mahisree :)

4. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Sounds quite cinematic, but enjoyed reading it...

Wonderful narration...

With love,
    Angellic :)

2 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I am luving this character "Shiva"...i like the style in which he calls Raghav "machi"( i have heard guys call each other macha..and machan...but machi is a first :rotfl)...and the way Shiva's character brings humor to the story...
    So Noida now....ab jaldi jaldi story updates okay???
    The story's going great!!!
    :thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  6. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

@dinny: In south, (esp.in tamil), guys used to refer their friends as "machi", just like buddy or dude in english...

with love,
    Angellic :)

1 person likes this.
  7. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful narration! :thumbsup I am loving this story for its simple, yet interesting plot. Loved the scenes between Lavanya and Shiva, so cute! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dinny.
    Yea as Angellic Mentioned, in south especially in tamilnadu dey call guys as Machan, mama etc.
    Even dez days gals too use this word "Machi" often.

1 person likes this.
  9. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Thank you Iswarya.
    Keep reading and enjoy.

10. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Thank you Angellic