1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden & revealed - part i

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ASHWINRAJ, May 17, 2013.

1. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

HIDDEN & REVEALED - PART I

It was another monotonous start of the week for every IT employee. IT employees hate Mondays, as you all know, but I was a bit different. I loved working on all days. I worked in a top IT company’s SEZ facility. I had completed my graduation and joined through campus recruitment. During college days, I had wanted to study further for my masters. But due to certain family situations and problems I had decided to defer my idea. It’s been 9 months since I joined this company. Though software life was highly monotonous, I loved working only because of the girl I loved so much.

I won’t describe as the most beautiful person in the world, but anyone can fall for her smile. Fair, slim, medium height and she doesn’t apply make-up which is the best thing I like about her. Very casual and carefree, highly friendly and wow when she enters the office it’s like the whole office glitters. She also greets everyone with that beautiful smile. Even my manager who keeps his face long and harsh manages to wear that smile when she greets him. I had always wondered if I could tell her how beautiful her smile was and how much I loved her. But as in all love stories, I didn’t have the courage to even stand in front of her. Whenever someone called her for help like “Hey Anu, can you please come here and help me?”, something would burn inside me and I would want to go and bash the person who called her.

Anushka is that girl who keeps my life going despite the daily work pressure. One look at her and all the tension in me went away. She was a north Indian and would mostly converse in Hindi. She was quite an extrovert and pretty famous. Yeah of course, I was just the opposite. I was a South Indian spoke nothing but Tamil and very bad English. I was a total introvert and stuck to my gang of friends and of course I was hardly famous.

It was the end of product release, and hardly anyone worked. Majority of them were chatting, reading mails, etc. I was reading the community page in the office website where employees would paste different stories from different genres. Many of them were love stories. I was applying for universities for my master’s degree. I had decided the day Anu entered the office, that she’s the girl with whom I want to live. She got transferred from Noida to Chennai and I was lucky enough to see her in my life, in my office, in my project and in my floor.

I was seated at the middle of the ODC, first floor while she was seated at the end corner of the ODC. She would walk past me whenever she went for breaks or at the end of the day. Those few seconds while she passed me was the reason I came regularly to office without taking leave. She was very professional, sincere and punctual. She generally prefers wearing casuals than chudis.

Days were moving fast and still I was happy to see her than talk to her. My friends collected all details about her at the initial stages and I had a big blow. She was a year and a half elder than me. This was seriously a very big blow to me and all my dreams were shattered. In life one of the biggest strengths are friends. They encouraged me a lot to proceed with Anu despite the fact that she is elder than me. There after I became even more interested in her.

Every day, I would try to talk to her. But what could I possibly talk? There wasn’t anything common between us. But still I had too. I was thinking of many ways of approaching her like a gentle smile and a hello, offer her a chocolate and lie that it was my birthday, asking her a doubt about the project, etc. I was all set to talk to her the next day.

That night, I checked my mails. I had received admit from a university. I was damn happy. But I felt something punching my stomach. I remembered that I had to leave my office and most importantly I had to leave Anu.

The next day, I dressed up very neatly much better than the normal days. My expectations were at the peak. I entered office at 9:00am. It became 9.30... 10:00am and still Anu hadn’t come to office. Time went on very slow and it became 12:30pm. I had decided that she had been on leave for the day. I was totally disappointed.

The same day I had scheduled a meeting with my manager, to tell him about my plan of pursuing higher studies. The meeting was at evening 4:00pm. I spoke to my manager in the meeting room and he was quite cool about me resigning. He also informed me about the notice period of two months. He told that there was exactly 50 days more for my last working day. My manager said “All the best for the Last 50 Days.”

The Last 50 Days, it kept ringing on my head. I was about to leave the room when my manager asked, “Raghav are you going to inform our team mates?” I replied him with a nod and left the room. My mind was fully occupied by Anu. I had only 50 days left to tell Anu how much I longed for her companionship, how much I loved her. Suddenly I realised 50 days was too much of a time and that I could easily express my love. I prayed god that it should work out fine for me.

The whole evening at home, I read books, saw movies on Love. I even searched you tube to find videos on how to propose to a girl. I didn’t want to waste any time and I wanted to propose to her the next day which was a Friday. People considered Friday as an auspicious day and I was no exception to that at least in Anu’s case.

Did the Hero propose Anu?
    And did Anu accept hero's proposal?
    Let's wait for the next part.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    16 people like this.

2. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Wow, u started with ur second story so soon huh...

Anywyz,beautiful start... enjoyed reading it...

With love,
    Angellic :)

1 person likes this.
  3. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Another wonderful start.:clap
    Waiting to see how Raghav propose to Anu.

1 person likes this.
  4. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Hi Angellic,

Yea plotted with a love story.
    But planning to make it a thriller one too..
    Lets see how it goes.

And yea was waiting for you to publish yours.
    But still waiting for ur story with characters like Arpudha eagerly...
    Please update sooner nah!!

1 person likes this.
  5. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Hi Rakinya

Thanks yaar

6. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Hmm, thriller...:cool2: that's cool uh ...Good luck :thumbsup

Ma story is ready(i'm mean done with few episodes), but still not done with the title :hide: seriously not an excuse...already changed 3 titles but not yet satisfied :bonk...Once I fix the title, will post it:)

With love,
    Angellic :)

1 person likes this.
  7. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Cool. So can expect your story in a weeks time right??

Yea, the same problem, was breaking my head to get a title.
    And finally ended up with Hidden & Revealed.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Ashwinraj this must be my 3rd reply here...everytime i typed my iOS would not post it...or the post got deleted....
    So finally
    1st of all big thanks for updating about this story in your previous thread....:thankyou2:
    And this story seems to have a higher romance potion in it...Njoyed it :thumbsup:

Did you say thriller....hmmm i all eyes and ears :)

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was seeing for love trap everyday and today got to read a different title but the start was excellent one.....
    So waiting for Friday what he has to say to Anu

1 person likes this.
  10. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Nice start ashwini...

Expecting a lot from you.. :)