1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden & revealed - part iii

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ASHWINRAJ, May 23, 2013.

1. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

HIDDEN & REVEALED - PART III

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/218402-hidden-and-revealed-part-i.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/218933-hidden-and-revealed-part-ii.html

Saying this I left his place. The evening was very normal and didn’t have any special events. I slept early at night in order to look fresh next morning when I propose to Anu.

DAY 4

I had no expectations for the day. Everything was normal like it used to be unlike the previous Friday. I slept in the bus. I got down at office, had my breakfast and went to my cubicle. In the morning, I had to call my parents to tell them to do shopping for my departure to the United States.

I had received admission from an university in California a month back. My visa was approved a fortnight back and I had a make a lot of arrangements like booking tickets, shopping, etc. It was 10:30am and still there were no signs of Anu.

Something in me said she had a problem. I thought of asking my manager as to why she had been on leave. But what reason can I give?

Suddenly, I remembered the team outing mail. I went straight to my manager’s cabin. This was the first time I went and spoke to him and he hardly remembered me. His name was Abhilash and people called him short as Abhi. He was a nice person in general, but very strict when it comes to work.

“Abhi, is it a good time to talk to you?” I asked pertinently.

“Yes, come in”, he said.

I struggled to talk but somehow managed to spurt “Anu... Anushka.”

Anushka is on leave for a week. She has gone to Noida. “He said.

“Why? What happened Abhi?”, I asked in a worried tone.

“She told she has some personal work. She prefers keeping things to herself I guess. Anyways is it something important?” Abhi asked.

“Ahhh... Yeah... Oh no, of course not, It’s about the team outing.” I blurted.

“Oh. That’s fine. You contact Praveen.” Abhi said.

“Ok then, thanks Abhi. “

I left the cabin and was seriously thinking as to what personal work would she have in order to take leave for a week?Was she going to get engaged? Was she going to get married? Or was it a casual trip? Many questions created a traffic jam in my mind.

I was totally confused and not knowing what to do. What if she’s getting engaged? I need to tell her how and what I feel about her. I wanted to see her immediately, for which...

I HAD TO GO TO NOIDA.

I was all set, ready to start my journey. But where could I go? Where does she stay? How can I know her details? My mind was totally blocked trying hard to think for a solution, that’s when a dialogue came to my mind.

“If there is anything I can do to help ur love, do ask me da.”

Yes, Shiva. I rushed to meet him. Unfortunately he was in a Video Conference (VC). It took him around couple of hours to meet me after the VC. As he came near me, I ran to him pulled his arm to rush to the cafeteria.

I explained him what had happened three hours back. “What NOIDA?? Are you mad?” Shiva asked in a shocking tone.

“Yes, Noida and am mad about her. I don’t want to miss her Shiva.”

“But how... Er... where will you? You don’t even know Hindi right? How will you manage?”

“Yes Shiva, you’re right. That’s why I want you to come with me”
    “What! Are you joking? I have an appraisal meeting tomorrow.”

“Yes, I know. We will speak with Abhi and make the necessary arrangements.”

“Well...”

“Shiva you’re my only hope. Remember that day you gave me a word that you would do anything for my love.”

“Yes, I did just like friends do in movies. But, never expected something like this to pop in. Anyways I am not guaranteeing you anything. We’ll speak with Abhi and decide what to do next.”

“Sounds great machi. Thanks Shiva. Evalavoo pannitom Itha panna maatoma?(We have already done a lot, can’t we do this one?)”

“Dai stop it da. I will meet him and speak with you.”

“Okay Shiva, once u finish talking I will have to speak with him about applying leave.”

After fifteen minutes, Shiva came out of Abhi’s room. I went running to him and asked what had happened.

“Machi, Abhi has given me a week’s permission and has agreed to postpone my appraisal meeting to next week.”

“That’s awesome Shiv. What reason did u give?”

“I couldn’t find any better reason to give than telling that am going to get engaged.”

“You’re too good a friend.” I said winking at him.

“Don’t be too happy, first go and speak to him for your leave.”
    “That’s a piece of cake. Wait here I will come.”

Shiva had seriously lit up my spirits. I would be going to Noida for sure and seeing my Anu. I entered Abhi’s room.

“Hi Abhi, is it a good time to talk to you?”

“Yes, please sit. Give me two minutes. I am sending a mail.”

“Okay.” Saying which I sat on the seat and was thinking what reason to give.

The biggest advantage with me is my face. I can suitably change my face to the situation. I kept my face as a sad one.

“Yes, tell me... I forgot your name...”

“Raghavendran... Raghav”

“Yes raghav, tell me.”

“Well Abhi, I want to take leave for a week.”

“One week? That’s impossible. We’ve lots of work and I am running short of people.”

“Yes, I understand but I am in a very delicate position. My family needs me in Madurai. I need to go. I am willing to work overtime once I am back.”

“Hmmm... Well, I am not allowed to sanction leave to you as you’re on notice period.”

“Yes, I understand Abhi. But I don’t have a choice. It’s too exceptional to reject. So please...”

“Okay fine. You apply for leave. I will approve it.”

“Thanks Abhi, I owe you one.”

“Fine, Take care. Hope it’s not a prank for you to go for some vacation.”

“You bet it’s not, Abhi”

I left the room. Thirty minutes later Shiva and I were going to our room.

The next day afternoon . . .

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited: May 23, 2013
    8 people like this.

2. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ashwin,

Raghav is going to Noida without thinking anything...... super.....
    It will be great if the love lasts forever(not only in stories)....
    Keep rocking man......

3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Why does this episode remind me of the scene in Alipayuthe/Saathiya movie in which the hero travels to some medical camp in some remote location where the heroine is working, in order to meet her and tell about his love...and then she accepts his love...:)

Last edited: May 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Hmmm yep Shinara!!
    Thanks yaar :)

5. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Hi Generic

Yea our hero Raghav goes in search for heroine to Noida.
    But it turns his life topsy turvy . . .
    Lets wait.

1 person likes this.
  6. chithrasathish

chithrasathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Ashwin,

Nicely written. Waiting for next part...wish, they would meet - and he would propose to her...

Sathish

7. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Wow!!! Going to an unknown place for his love. Very well written. Waiting for the next part.

8. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Hi Chithra,

Thanks for your feedback.
    Sure will update soon.
    Lets wait what happens next.

9. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ashwin.

Good story...But, I remember reading this story (exactly same one even the names I remember) in some other forum before itself...by any chance, have you published this in any other public forum (like an office bb etc) already???

10. ASHWINRAJ

ASHWINRAJ Gold IL'ite

Hi Rakinya,

Thank you for ur comment.
    Lets wait to see what happens.