Finest Posts - July 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    As we are slowly crawling out of the beastly summer, we perk up with the thoughts of better times for us! Yes, July is around and with it comes the Southern Journey of the Sun known as Dakshinayan. Hardcore orthodox people like Bhishma may have disliked Dakshinayan so much that he waited for the advent of Uttarayan trying to make himself comfortable lying on a bed of arrows to shed his mortal body. But for the rest of us, the six month period starting now will be a time for joyous celebrations. All the festivals are packed in this season and this will be time for great get-togethers with family and friends.

The Sun will be getting softer and more benevolent. Air conditioners will be switched off and fans will get slower. Shops will be offering crazy discounts on whatever is offered for sale and people will accumulate as many useless things as they can just for the sake of availing the brutal but eyewash of a discount! Whatever is assiduously saved during the summer months will be spent off in mindless shopping. India’s leading Bank has announced that they have placed order for one lakh swiping machines with the singular purpose of bringing more people under their debt trap!

The all round sluggishness of May continued to have had its effect on our June nominations too. There were just 13 but as I have always been saying, judging gets tougher when they are fewer entries. But with a more colourful season in the offing, we are sure that our members will have plenty to write about. With that hope, we invite nominations for July 2015. A call to our nominating hawks! Get on your Kawasaki Ninja or Ducati and set the Forums aflame with your visits. Bring back your nominations here which we promise to acknowledge with eloquent prose!
    Happy hunting!
    The FP Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

5 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I have to tell you sir, our ancestors knew it all. You see Bhishma was waiting to leave the mortal body and us mortals are only thinking of life. So why not life with festivals and good times and in the process if the Sun God in his benevolence blesses us with less of his heat all the more better. And it seems only natural that these financial institutions want to make hay while the Sun shines. I have to tell you though, you always take me by surprise with your ushering of a new month. I know it is not you, you have been diligent it is only me. It makes me wonder as to what world I live in and have to rush to the calendar month after month with a "already?" No one can blame me but myself for you see my calendar on my desk is still in May. I am not making it up. I will make it a point to move it up to July now that I know it is coming up.

I agree with you here for there are many of us waiting to read your acknowledgements. So here we come, to nominate!

4 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

I see you have opened July with a bang! A bang that woke even me up from my Kumbakarna slumber! Put like you did, the future few months promise to be fun and frolic. Would like to add that I always love to wake up to Cheeniya's words! They also brought a prompt response from our own Dreamer on the board and a nomination to add!!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow! What a wonderful shower of words you have ushered in the monsoons with!

I have been pretty lax of late. What do I do with my life? Oh well, don't ask me, I wouldn't know what to say. I spend my life being busy doing nothing!!!!! :-D

Would you blame me if my jaw dropped to the floor and remained stuck there seeing my thread nominated, and that too the first nomination of the month! Sabitha, you have really made my day! I need to inform the person who was the reason for this thread that she has brought some sunshine into the cloudy days of Bangalore for me. :-D She and all our friends here who have chipped in with their perspectives on life have really made that thread go!

2 people like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Right back at you Satchi for putting in that grin on my face with your response :) It is only my pleasure my friend and I am happy that I brought some sunshine to you in the cloudy Bangalore - you see this is the first June in years I am away and I do miss the monsoon.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

Wow superb announcement as always. July is going to be full of surprises I think. Why I am telling us the first nomination is from our dear friend Srama . I missed the first fb. Usually I log in at 5 pm but today since my brother and my sis in law gave a surprise by coming at 5 pm and after that we went to my elder brother's house I could not nominate and glad Srama came with her nomination

Now I am here to nominate our @Srama's lovely and her interesting post http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...274333-the-magic-of-nature-3.html#post3584556 . All her posts are worthy of nomination and she narrates so well. I enjoyed the post though I was late there to give fb and felt I was with her enjoying the nature. Though she is in US her writing made me feel as if I was in Kerala enjoying the nature , rain, Oonjal etc.

3 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

I know how much you love giving a first FB and nominating as well. I am sorry I could not hold myself back when I realized it is almost July when you mentioned that in my thread, I serisouly thought it was another 15 days away and I was still thinking of Satchi's thread and then Cheeniya sir's words! So perfect combination no? I couldn't pass up.

Thank you for nominating my thread. I appreciate it. All I needed was that 15 minutes by myself and felt brand new after sitting under the star lit sky. It was magical considering we have had so many cloudy days and nights.

2 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Vijima for nominating the post. :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.