Finest Posts - February 2011 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Good day friends!

We wish all of you Indusladies a great month of March which bears the International Womens's Day, a significant day that our ladies forum must especially celebrate with gusto! What's more, our ladies will be especially pleased with the our winners because these posts reflects the various facets of a woman!

So, here we go...

The Winner of the Finest Narration of the Month is Srama's "'E' grade - what is it anyways?"
    Congratulations Srama!!

Srama, the mother, has written this with tongue in cheek. She is hardly able to hide her pleasure when she narrates the successful performance of her little son at school. Of course, before she reveals that, she takes us on an emotional trip of a mother who is at once fretting and fearing about the remarks on her son's report card from school.
    Well, the mothers amongst us can identify with these emotions only all too well. I think almost all of us must have gone through these pangs of angst and worry when our little ones are being tested on their various abilities in school. A post which totally reflects the spectrum of emotions that only a mother can experience. A well written piece with fine humor and great format. A treat to us from Srama.:thumbsup :thumbsup

Our next winner too reflects the woman in all her might!

The Winner of the Finest Contribution of the Month is Mstrue with her "In the best interest of your DH.. make a difference in 2011 " .
    Congratulations Mstrue!

Mstrue who is popular in the relationship forums seems to have a knack for interactive posts. By sharing her own experiences with her friends here, she not only tries to improve her own lot, she also encourages and motivates others in a positive direction to improve their own situations and to pursue their resolutions.
    The ways she goes about doing this virtually is really amazing. This winning post is an excellent example of how we can virtually be a support system for each other, encouraging each other to better ourselves and realize dreams. Bravo Mstrue! :cheers

It is always a pleasure to bring the winners to all of you and here is hoping that more of you get to read these winning posts and enjoy!
    Links to winning posts:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...3871-e-grade-what-is-anyways.html#post1624904
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...7-best-interest-your-dh-make.html#post1574825

With love,
    SoaringSpirit and Kamla

Have a look at the Gift pictures here.

PS: Dear winners, please add your winning posts to your signatures and send your contact information to receive your well deserved awards here:
    support@indusladies.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Saby,

What can I say? It feels like it was almost by some design that the winners of February were chosen!

Much as I like you, much as I regard your excellent taste, believe you me ma'm, the winners were chosen mainly for the excellence of their posts and not because they were nominated by you!! Another matter altogether that you were the one who nominated BOTH the winning posts of the month!!!! Need I say more about your discerning sense? :bowdown
    Ok, if you go on like this Sabitha, you Will end up looking like your present avatar...too wise and gray with wisdom.:rotfl

Girl, a colorful array of T-shirts await you!:) :thumbsup
    Please contact the admin with your contact address.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

I confess, even years of moderating the FP forum does not make the task easier! This month has been one of the toughest! One would imagine with so few nominations, the task of choosing winning posts would become easier. How mistaken is that!

Having just watched Oscars, I can empathize with the judging panel of the academy, oh yes I can!! For me, our entries in FP are no less eminent than those famous Oscar nominees.:)

How can it be easy to choose from the best of bests? Just as one is thrilled with all the art work and the enthusiasm of a young child for this creative talent, another post moves us no end and her words are aimed straight at our heart strings when she reminisces about her dear departed mother. Then comes our proficient writer accusing us of 'steal'ing pleasure! Yeah right! She dishes out such arresting posts and how can we not enjoy it and it is free too?!

It being a Valentine month, love strains were unmistakable and rang strongly in our forum! Members were thinking of ways to please the spouse while some went out looking for a Valentine! One poster also looked out for addicts of a different kind!! But then came the 'mother of all posts' claiming both the narration and contribution nomination packed into one and attracted all IL'ites no end, age no bar! Well well, winners all no doubt. But name just two, we did! We at FP forum are pleased and hope you are too?!

L, Kamla

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srama,
    I have no other alternative but to place this prize winning thread of yours in E grade! It is a delightful piece of writing and you deserve all the accolades that Kamla has paid you. You are a great example of
    Eendra Pozhudhin Peridhuvakkum Thanmakanaich
    Chaandron Enakketta Thaai.

On seeing the grade ‘E’ in your son’s report, you seem to have gone through the entire gamut of emotions from A to Z! That is the quintessence of motherhood! Your hearty laughter on coming to know of the meaning of E grade in physical education shows how relieved you felt! Your choice of expressions in this thread can hardly be improved upon!
    My hearty congratulations to you Srama!
    Sri

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Dear Kamlaji and SS...

Thank you so much for the encouragement and kind words. I am so thrilled at your announcement! :)
    And so so so.. moved by the love/affection and friendship I gained over time here. :bowdown
    Thank you once again Saby.. :p you know, being nominated by you is a great compliment in itself.:thumbsupI felt like a winner already having made it to your heart. :)

Here is a :kissfor your lovely gesture!

Sure Kamlaji & SS. It is my pleasure! [​IMG]

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Congratulations Srama!! :cheers:party
    That was an excellent piece from you but then what is the surprise there?! :) So HAPPY for you! :thumbsup

7. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srama/Sabitha,

My hearty congratulations to you for being chosen as the winner of the month in narration. Your 'E' grade post richly deserves it. You have an easy and expressive style of writing that is very enjoyable to read. Hoping to see more of your posts in the FP forum in the future. :thumbsup

Dear Mstrue,

Congratulations! I confess that I have not yet read this winning post of yours but as one who had read many of your entertaining posts in the Snippets forum last year, I have no doubt that you have earned your place at the front line. Keep rocking Mstrue! :thumbsup

8. Cheeniya

Dear Mstrue
    My hearty congratulations to you! Resolutions are no doubt an absolutely human trait. We hardly hear of a mouse taking a New Year resolution or for that matter a cat. Tom and Jerry may probably the exception but they are humanized by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera and immortalized by Walt Disney. From the dawn of time, more resolutions have been broken than taken! They are no fun if people pursue them seriously and so I thought until I read this prize winning thread of yours.

Now I realise that resolutions can be as much fun even if they are pursued seriously. You sure know how to handle this subject and make it a great platform for members to bond together.

It is indeed a well deserved feather in your cap, Mstrue!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla &SS
    I should say that the new breathtakingly colourful homepage of IL can be called a winner all the way only if we do not take into account your monthly splashes of colourful announcements. As far as I am concerned, it is a great achievement if one is able to produce a masterpiece month after month with such regularity that would put migratory birds to shame!

If a person scales Mt.Everest, his next step would be to climb down but in your case, the peak keeps growing just to see how far you may go. It is time that the peak gives up its challenge in humble recognition of your talents.

May I raise my hat to you again at the risk of exposing my bald pate?
    Sri

10. smt

smt New IL'ite

Dear Sarma and Mstrue,
    My hearty congragulations for both of you on being the winners of FP. Your posts have made us all re-live those moments again.As i am a new ilite , i think i have to know more about you before i can comment on you.
    A SIMPLE BUT SWEET MESSAGE.
    Best Wishes