1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In the best interest of your DH.. make a difference in 2011

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Dec 26, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Dear Ladies, 2011 is fast approaching.
    The poor term 'resolutions' has made it's default appearance.. poor thing.. all it has is less than a month to make it's yearly entry and it will soon fade away as 2011 gets more familiar and mundane. :rotfl

But wait...:idea
    If you are determined to take resolutions in the best interest of you and your DH and stand by it throughout the year, we may form a group. :cheers

If there are even a handful of folks,
    we can periodically reconvene here to check our progress.
    may be a quarterly review..
    a pat on the back if we stayed on track :thumbsup
    or..a slap on the wrist to get back on track. :bonk

I usually do this sort of review with my friends in the real world, and
    this year I am thinking of doing it with folks in both my real and virtual worlds.:coffee

Believe me, this group check is very influential & motivating.. so I
    thought of bringing it's benefits to you folks too.:)
    If at all I resolute, I am always atleast 75% successful the whole year.

So interested folks,
    Let us travel together as a group this 2011.
    Let us stay focussed on our goals.
    What say you? Pen down your resolutions or you can even keep your resolutions private yet participate in the quarterly reviews.
    Just sign up for the 'group plan' in this thread and we can take it from there. :thumbsup

PS:
    One small tip: Always make resolutions with tangible goals. :)

Like for example
    a) if you want to reduce weight (the ever most popular resolution worldwide), to improve your self confidence (or impress your spouse.. )
    do not just resolute "I want to reduce my weight".
    Be more specific: "By 2011 I want to be such and such lb/kg".

b) if you want to tone down your temperament towards your DH,
    do not just resolute "I want to be more patient"
    be more specific: "I aim for less than x number of arguments per week due to my ill temper"

Tangible goals will keep you focussed, will help you to track and predict your progress. :)

Wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 person likes this.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Sathiyame,
    You can up with such workable ideas!
    Iam signing up and in this thread, with a few more days for the ticking in of 2011 Iam yet to make any resolution!
    Will keep posting on the progress!

3. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Last 6 months, my study schedule has gone haywire... absolutely crazy... and that was due to my utterly bad time management. :spin

In 2011, I want to follow my study schedule, do my assignments on time and stop pulling all-nighters every weekend. :coffee

My everyday schedule, that includes working out, eating/sleeping habits, cleaning and other house work, etc hasn't been that great either.

In 2011, I want to follow my everyday schedule, atleast 5 days a week.

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Good to see you guys, Sita and Janani!:)
    Great.. now that we are 3 already, let us call ours
    "The Determined Dear Wives Association" (DDWA) .:thumbsup
    Hey why not.. it kinda sorta rhymes atleast. :rotfl
    And who knows.. :idea it will be our moral boost too.
    Moreover, If not us, who else would call us 'the determined dear wives'.:biglaugh

I hereby enroll Janani, Sita and Sathya (or Sathiyame like Janani used to call me) into the DDWA for 2011.:cheers

We shall add other determined folks as and when they express their interest. :)

Let us reconvene quarterly or if you prefer monthly to review our progress.. let me know your preference.:coffee

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:) Thanks Janani! - ippadikku Sathya.
    :thumbsup Alright Madame! Chalk them down - you have more than a week to brainstorm. :cheers

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Sita,
    if I remember correctly, is that your DH who would stay awake anytime you pull an all-nighter?:)
    If so, then your resolution is indeed in the best interest of your DH.
    And Sita, Just a thought.. do you want to make a tangible goal out of your resolution?
    Like not more than x number of all-nighters per semester or something of that sort?:idea

Nice measurable goal. :thumbsup

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

As for mine,
    Let me declare the ones in the best interest of my DH:

1. I like to increase his water intake (atleast 4 cups a day):)
    2. I did not do a good job in giving him his daily multivitamins last year.. :bonkI like to be regular on that.
    3. I did not do a good job in providing him healthy food.. We dined out a lot.. a lot.. last year.. sometimes twice a week. :hide:Whenever DH is overwhelmed at work or sees me tired, his immediate solution is 'Let us dine out'. I give in to the temptation 8 out of 10 times!:bang. I want to be firm this year and cut it down to once a month.
    4. Also want to sneak in flaxseeds in his diet like 2 tbsp a day. (so far I am able to do just 2 tsp..):crazy
    5. And last but not the least, DH and I would be very happy if I could further cut down my 'idle browsing' time. :coffeeThe sudden introduction of IL threw me off balance. Though I am far better now from where I was a few months back, I would still like to chalk up a rigid regime of not more than four 15 min sessions any day I feel like checking up here.

I shall post the progress at our subsequent review sessions.
    Cheers to our determination, friends!:cheers

8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

I would like to keep the thread focussed. So pls spare this thread from such tangent remarks & needless inputs.

9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

NO THANKS!
    We know what we are and that was just a joke.
    I like to keep the thread among the participants. So kindly keep away pls.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  10. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hi mstrue,

I really feel..you come up with really good ideas. :cheers

I want to enroll in this and will like a really tight slap when I miss this.

So my list goes like this...I dont know how it will benefit my DH ..but still lets see...

1) want to reduce weight per month 1 kg. Have already reduced some 12kgs in last year.

2) Want to cut out on eating out every now and then. From last two months we are eating out . So it will be like twice a month will be our eating out time.

3) Want him to restrict his cigaratte only one in weekend. He everytime takes my permission before lighting one. But I gave in after seeing his face.

4) want him to eat healthy. So will include every week - five days soup and some healthy stuff included in dinner .

List will be long...I will come back and will right some within next few days.