Finests Posts - August 2010 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Sep 1, 2010.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dear friends,

“Firsts” always have a special place in our hearts, don’t they? First love, first job, first rain of the year - all these firsts are dear to us. Some of these firsts are etched in our memory for years to come, some of these leave us with a fragrance that refreshes us all our life, some inspire us and some simply make us happy. I am thrilled to add to this list of memorable firsts, our winning Narration of the month of August. The topic our winning post talks about has been discussed in IL for the first time. Furthermore, it is also happens to the first FP win for the writer of this post!

Without further ado let me announce the winner of the Finest Narration for the month of August as
    Keerthi88 for her post To Err is Godly?

Keerthi cared to bring an often forgotten but an extremely sensitive topic about the state of transgenders in our society up for discussion and attention with her succinct post. Really, how often do we stop and think about these people? How much attention, if any, do we pay do them if we come across them? Just like we feel socially and morally responsible to contribute towards the upliftment of the underprivileged in our society, do we ever think of this class of people as someone that could benefit tremendously from our help too? Kudos to Keerthi’s spirit in bringing these people to the limelight through her well written post and for making us all think of the role we could play in assimilating them as one of us in our society!

Finest Contribution for the month of August will crown the already know “Queens” of one of our most popular forums, the Relationship forum. Our winners are the pillars on which so many of the members rely on for solace. These ladies play many roles to their fellow ILites who see them as a friend that will listen to them, a shoulder that will lend support, a sounding board for their thoughts, someone they can share their inner most feelings with, someone they can laugh with, someone who will selflessly invest their own personal time in resolving their issues. This rare breed of people cannot be adorned with just one adjective! These are people who win our hearts with their giving and helping nature. After this monologue, do we really need to announce the winners?

The winners for the Finest Contribution for the month of August are -
    asuitablegirl and SriVidya75.

The post "Thanks for all who have supported my in my hard times...sharing my thoughts" is a precursor and a testimony to their “Selfless help – 101” book with endless chapters with each one chapter making us marvel at their efforts. Thanks ASG and SriVidya for always being there for the thousands of ILites that look up to you for advice and for just being there to hold their hand! I have tremendous appreciation for you my friends!

Hearty CONGRATULATIONS Keerthi, ASG and SriVidya!

Please send your mailing address to support@indusladies.com to receive the coveted prize.

Aruna Habibi thank you and congratulations for bringing Keerthi’s winning post to the FP.

Saby baby my hearty congratulations for spotting and bringing ASG’s and SriVidya’s efforts to the limelight by nominating the winning entry for Finest Narration of this month.

Lots of luv,
    Kamla and SS

2. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

My dearest friends,

If I could, I would not announce any winners. Well, because there can be no one winner amongst equals. Can there? But life is such that it always prods and forces us to choose and makes the choice harder on us by placing all the best selections in front of us. Now, how fair is that?! No fair, not at all!

That’s what happens to Kamla and me every month when it is time to declare the FP winners. We are ecstatic, we are confused, are excited, are disappointed (because we have to choose). There is no one feeling that we experience but an amalgamation of all of the above feelings and more!

However, we love getting into this crazy state just for the love and the affection we get from you, our patrons. We love it because we get treated to the best of the best reads in IL. And when we are done reading all that has been nominated, our heart Is filled with the joy and contentment that only a child can have. This joy is so unadulterated that it gives us a high like nothing else does.

For all this, THANKS A TON dear friends. Thanks for brightening our days with your presence.

We look forward to your gracious presence and esteemed company in our FP journey.

Lots of luv,
    Kamla and SS

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to Keerthi, ASG and Srividya for the winning posts/contribution.

Congrats to Queeny and Saby for spotting them :cheers.

SS, its a pleasure to read your narration :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

A big CONGRATS to the WINNERS from my side.[​IMG]

And my sweetest wishes to Kamla and SS the Selection souls.Toughest job.HUH!!!!
    So on behalf of you both let me congratulate all the renowed wrestling STARS ,the CHAMPIONS here in IL.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to Kreethi, ASG and Srividya for winning this months finest contribution/post.

Congrats Saby.

Congrats to Kamla and SS too becoz I know the hard work they have to put in to choose the best among the best.

6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Congrats ASG,Sri & keerthi.:thumbsup:thumbsup

7. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Congrats Keerthi, ASG & SriVidya and also to Aruna & Saby!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Keerthi
    My hearty congratulations to you for your well deserved win this month. In fact, I would give you an award for the catchy title 'To err is godly' that made me scurrying to your post! If humans erred, gods were there to forgive but if gods erred who could ever forgive, thought I. Your post was absolutely a clincher. Transgenders are such a painful subject that puts God's infallibility under scanner. I am extremely happy that the month's award has been given to you. It just goes to prove that such social issues certainly affect the ILites profoundly!
    Sri

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to all the winners......

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ASG and Sri Vidya
    My hearty congratulations to you for winning the Finest Contribution of the Month Award for August 2010. Honestly, I do not visit this post very often, the issues raised therein being not male-centric but I do visit it periodically to see 'what is it this time', a biriyani or rasmalai or some exotic sweet or the periodic problem that frustrate women. Whatever it is, you surely keep the members eating out of your hands. 300 odd posts in three months point to the great success of this useful tête-à-fête !
    Sri