1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Err is Godly?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by keerthi88, Aug 8, 2010.

1. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Its not a weird topic, it rather, a sad one...

Its about the she males or 3rd gender or transgender or whatever you call them as...

I happened to travel in an express train... The journey was quite okay until these persons arrived as a gang, who were men by voices and face, but women by body and heart... They were begging for money... I had no mind to give them money and encourage what they do.. But, when i heard one among the gang speaking to someone who actually scolded him/her, i was really feeling pity for them..

She/He was cribbing over the difficulties that they face... Here it goes : They are looked upon as a creature, rather than a human being. They are not given the privileges that a normal human being could enjoy... They are not given due consideration in anyplace: Be it temple, buses, trains and the basic necessities, even toilets... As the person was speaking i was held up in my own thoughts with a lot of questions...

Is that not true that, some of us are one among the persons who treat them in a cruel manner? Why does the society not approve their feelings? Persons who have their physical disabilities have their own privilige.. But these transgender, who are physically, mentally and socially disabled are not given any due consideration, why? How many of us would let a transgender person rent our house? How many of us would sit near a transgender person in a bus or a train without any hesitation? How many of us would let a transgender person use the public rest rooms without panicking? How many of the parents would understand and accept if his/ her shild is a transgender? how many of us would not give a strange glare when they walk about in the street? How many of us would educate our children that they are human beings and not to get scared of them? How many of us will treat them with due respect and call them "He/She" but not "it"? Do they not have every right that a human being has?

Even the media behaves in a strange way in their regards. How many film songs have portrayed them like cheap people and teased them by using inappropriate names to reperesent them... :rant

Is it not only because the society that they are pushed to lead a painful life as a sex worker or a beggar or other cheap living?
    If they were treated as human beings and given their own oppurtunities, wouldnt tey have become stars like many of us?

Is it not the almighty's mistake to have created them with this fault...We have exchange system for defective manufacturing... I wish these transgender people have that facility for their lives... To err is human, but is definitely not Godly.... Why does God have to make a mistake when he creates these poor people and send them to the world....?!!

By the time i had these thoughts running in my mind, i could see that i had arrived at my place...i had to move on, but i could still hear the gang clapping and begging for money... I reached home with a heavy heart with the questions lingering in my mind.. The least i could do is to pray to God for them...

Luv
    Keerthi

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Keerti

What you have written is 1oo% right. But noone comes forward to give them respect. There must be a reason for creating them which we dont know. God knows. Everyone gets scared to talk to them.

love
    viji

3. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,

Thanks for the FB.. "Ellam avan Seyal"...
    But my heart felt very sad for those people...

Luv
    Keerthi

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Keerthi
    Your post is an eye opener here, about these people. I never felt odd about these people when I passed by becoz you get to see them many in Mumbai and also came across these people during my stay in Fiji. You are right these people are harmless but still people don't want them around, they are good to speak too. You know in Australia, US these people have respectable job and are not treated as odd people.
    It is only in India and also in Fiji these people are treated this way. Really feel sorry for them. It is the society that is we who have to change our attitude towards them.
    Great post Keerthi.

5. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Dear Aruna,

Thanks for the quick FB...

Yeah even i have heard that these people are not treated in many other countries as bad as in India...

The change a difficult but it has to happen... God help them..

Luv
    Keerthi

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

True Keerthi.. the situations these people are in...is very pitiable. I have seen them in our place in India too.
    When I came to US, I had this doubt, because, I hadn't seen them much as in India...I didn't ask my husband..but asked my cousin's wife, to which she gave me the term, 'Trans-gender'.

I have seen in Pattimanrams these people come and talk about their problems and potentials and some are successful too...if the society sees them in the right perspective...there will be no problem at all in future for them..

sriniketan

7. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,

You are right... IF AND ONLY IF..

BTW, thanks for popping in..:thumbsup

Luv
    Keerthi

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

I agree with you keerthi. They are challanged in so many aspects. Till we are mentioning them neither as "aval" nor "avan" but as "adhu" .

I too feel sad whenever I saw them on roads begging. Hmmm.

Thoughtful post from you keerthi:thumbsup

9. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Keerthi,

You have raised a question for which I am unable to find any answers...

It is quite common to see these unfortunate people on the roads here, they sell flowers at the signal junctions and implore us to buy them... sometimes, they corner single men on two-wheelers and literally force them to part with some money, almost snatching wallets and bags...

Society has scant sympathy for these people for no fault of theirs... It will probably take a long time for them to be accepted, just as gays and homosexuals who are still not fully accepted...

:thumbsupfor having been nominated for FP for such a thought-provoking post, Keerthi ,

Love,
    Padma

10. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma,

Thanks for your FB :)

I am being honoured by, my post being nominated for FPBowI was quite a bit surprised.. Thanks for letting me know..

Thanks for popping in.. So nice of you..:)

Luv
    Keerthi

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010