Memorable Moments of 2010 Contest - January 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jan 3, 2011.

1. padmaprabha

padmaprabha Senior IL'ite

My most memorable movement
    I am a retired teacher and relocated to another part of the city.
    one day a call came on my mobile and I was surprised to know that the caller was Hema, an old student of mine! I was so thrilled to talk to her. We talked a long time and she asked for my mail Id which I gave. Next day when I opened my mail there were so many mails greeting me, from my old students. , all from different part of the world. I was overwhelmed with joy. Next week there was a call from Hema asking me if she could visit me in the evening. I was more than happy. In the evening a car come and stopped in front of our house and imagine my surprise and happiness when three of my students got down and with their children! It was such a happy movement. Last time I saw them, they were sitting in their desks in their school uniform! For a teacher, meeting her old students is the most happy event . Only another teachers will know the trill and joy of it all!!

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

@Padmaprabha - That was a very sweet moment :)

3. sitagita

sitagita New IL'ite

The year 2010 rendered a mix of good and bad events. Of the Good events the prominent moments were the achievement of milestones by my daughter (born in November 2009), developing into a bubbly, mischievous angel. Hence my days were tightly packed with continuous schedules of attending to her and household chores.
    One event would make 2010 an indelible year in my life- the demise of my husband’s aunt (my F-I-l’s sister) addressed as Athaiamma, aged 87 years. She was married when she was 14 years and returned home at 16 years as a widow. From that day began her life for the sake of others. She took charge of the household and also the position of a Father and mother to my F-i-L as both of them expired leaving behind him when he was a kid. She managed to bring him up with much financial struggle. After his marriage she brought up his kids (my husband and his sisters) when my F-I-L(Divisional Forest Officer) and M-I-L shifted from one place to another due to transfers. Other than doing her own work, She used to take care of my baby, chop vegetables, do gardening, draw kolams,etc. at her 85+ age. She used to recite slokhas everyday. I asked her as to why she has so much faith in God after her failed life. She said that she prayed to God to take her away without causing trouble to others. She did not have diabetes or Blood pressure. One morning She had a stroke and was rushed to the hospital where she passed away. My husband and I performed all the rites for 13 days whole heartedly. I feel her absence everywhere in this house where she had spent 85 years.

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello,

The most wonderful change over in my life happened in 2010!
    I turned Vegan when I learnt about the cruelty towards animals.
    It was painful to see the under cover investigation of slaughter house, Farm house, Laboratories,etc.
    I was a big lover of curd rice! I wouldn't have any of my meals without it :biglaugh

I was born into a non-vegetarian family, then during late childhood, turned to a Vegetarian and have always felt happy about it(the same way all Vegetarians feel) as I believed that it involved no cruelty towards animals. I never used leather or fur and enjoyed paneer and butter, bakery cakes with eggs in them and loved pizzas - loaded with cheese.....

One fine day, I saw the cite of PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals in "The Hindu" and clicked on it. To my horror there were so many videos showing the plight of animals that none of us would even imagine. There is also a video on how cows are treated in India. That was the most saddest one, as we think cows are worshiped in India.

So, I stopped my loving curd rice but took time to adjust. I'm happy that my family also was with me. They just took few more days for the change over.
    This happened in the month of March. At the same time, I changed my three Doberman Dogs also into Vegans. To everyone's surprise, they adapted so quickly than any of us!

After all these months, I don't feel I'm missing any of my lovable foods. Me, my family and my dogs are still alive and healthy!
    :rotfl:thumbsup

5. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

Thanks for your overwhelming responses for the Contest.

Entries are being short listed by our panel of Judges.

Stay tuned for the result !!

6. revatisg

revatisg Bronze IL'ite

:) yes memories and that too sweet memorable moments.. it all came to me on 28th of May 2010. when i got a surprise gift from my adorable husband Mr.Ganesh. in the morning of that day my husband was walking restlessly in the house, opening the grill and moving till the gate, keeping the mobile in hand, i asked him the matter he said nothing just walking. around 6.30 am courier fellow landed with big flower bouquet, i was inside, hubby hid himself and told the fellow to press the doorbell, when i came out he handed over to me with an Anniversary Card.. oh my my it was the surprise he gave me for our Marriage anniversary.. tears rolled out from my eyes.. i hugged him before that fellow.. in 20 years of our married life this was the fantastic, unexpected and surprising gift from my hubby dear. and the never forgetting memorable moment in my life... bcoz i Love flowers and crazy for that..

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

My Memorable moment

I was unable to post my entry around 2PM EST. I thought there might be some server problem and it will get refreshed after sometime, but when i try now, i am still not able to post it. I see the thread is CLOSED .I thought the contest ends on Jan 31 (Time now is 6.50 PM jan 31st). Induslady can you add my entry in the MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT of 2010 contest please.
    Thanks

Admin note: Entry included for the contest.

Hello all

I would like to share some of our moments too.

The most memorable moment for us is putting our lovely son in Preschool. I was very much excited to put him in school with lots of dreams about getting him ready, taking his backpack filled with sipper, folder, crayons, pencils etc. I must say I was so eagerly shopping before even I decide the school. Once I decided the school, I was more nervous whether my decision about the school was right. I was worried whether everything will be ok for him there, mainly a good teacher to take care of him.
    Then that day came. Yes his first day of school.
    We wanted our son to begin his schooling with everybody’s blessings, so we called our parents and having them on video chat, we made our son to do namaskaram to his grand parents, his aunt and uncle. We also told our house owner that he is joining the school and after getting their wishes, we were about to leave when I couldn’t control my tears. Out of all those fear in my mind, I started crying and as usual my husband pacified me and finally we left to school.
    My son started crying as soon as he entered the class room and he didn’t even want to sit in the class and he kept on clinging on me. The whole 2.5 hrs he was crying there and that was the first day my son was crying so long. The second day also he cried but I was not with him inside. The teacher told me to stay away from him so that my son could get used to the new environment. But I was waiting outside. In between I peeked into his class to know whether he stopped crying. Then from the third day he wasn’t crying that much and he started getting used to the school. Now he likes his teacher very much and even in sleep he tells her name. This was the most memorable moment in my life.

[FONT=&quot]The other moment I will remember ever is my husband’s project ended on December 31, 2010. The following day is going to be a New Year, but we were wondering how to enjoy the first day of next year. This was the first time we are facing such a situation. I could understand my husband’s situation- having worked continuously for 8 years in one place and suddenly next day he will not be going there would be hard for him. I didn’t know how to react in such a situation but I know that we can manage and this is just a phase that will pass away soon[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  8. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Thanks to all those who actively participated in this contest and shared their memorable moments of 2010. A special thanks to Jananikrithsan, Bhuvnidhi, Priya_Mommy who helped us to select the winning entry.

The Lucky winner of.....

Memorable moments of 2010 is

radhaparth2000

For her winning entry here.

Congratulations Radha...! Rediscovered the happy moments of 2010!! It takes a great deal to face IVF with confidence and moreover you have narrated with a positive note. Let this win add one more feather in your cap and we hope your entry will bring a change to all TTC women in our site.

Wish you all success !!

IL Special Gift for Winning the contest - Gemstone painting Key Holder cum letter Holder

Giftpic2_Jan.jpg

Note: Please send your postal address by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks this is a sweet surprise to me. Hope 2011 is fantastic to all of us

10. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Radha!!! You really deserve this.
    2011 is going to be a successful one for you.