Memorable Moments of 2010 Contest - January 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jan 3, 2011.

1. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Kanaka - It was so nice to read your MM of 2010....esp..the surprise stored for the party, the europe trip, your son's graduation, the family get-together during marriage and last but least our meeting...This was my first IL meeting I ever had and am so thrilled and can never forget it...You are such a lovely lady !!!

Roopa - Nothing can give us joy than babies.. They are god sent gifts to us and every moment they lighten up our lives with their tiny acts !! Congratulations on becoming the proud mother of Akhil..May god bless Akhil with good health and happiness and also to your family !!

Yasri - Nice to read your MM!!

Sadhu - Poor guy ya your DH!!

Sdhvar - Love knows no boundaries...wherever you are your loved ones are always close to heart!!

Yams - Congratulations on your recruitment !! May this year bring you more MMs

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Shubag
    thanks for being an eye opener,being involved in posting my post,I forgot to give feed back to others.
    Each is a gem and each one of them had given memorable moments of 2010 especially Roopa's child and Sdvar.s departure. brought tears to my eyes.
    Hats off to you all and thanks to the ones who are giving apt feedbacks to each one of them.

3. revatisg

revatisg Bronze IL'ite

dear friend,

i m a new member for this site. can u please help me telling how to post the for the thread:memorable moments..................

i need the help..

thanking u,

regards,

revatisg:)

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Revatisg
    You write your post and post it in this thread itself.See your reply has been posted here., you wrote a post and clicked reply sign and it got posted.If still have doubts you can go the thread FAQ and you will have answers there.WELCOME HERE.
    Have a roaring time in IL.

5. yasri

yasri New IL'ite

Thank you all for your words of appreciation.

All the best to all the contestants

Warm regards
    Ramya Sriram

6. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

thank you all soo much for the feedback..:thankyou2:

each IL'ites post is so commendable and well written:-

Kanaka - great fun to read ur MM, the party ofcourse with the old pics and memories revived, the showerings on you...wow feels so good to be pampered like that na...

Ramya, Sadhu, Sdhvar, Yamini - great descriptions of your MM's

shuba: akhil is doing gud..thanks for the appreciation n best wishes..

revathi -- update soon..

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  7. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

I would say it as HITS and MISSES

Well the New Year 2010 – began with a positive note. I was selected to be part of the on line teaching staff. Responsibilities were added. This can be thought as a hit – like a jackpot in my professional front.

On the home front I had a miss. Yes my father breathed his last on 26 Th May 2010, without giving any trouble to his daughter. As the eldest child, I did my duty by lighting the pyre. The next day took his bones to the Marina beach and immersed his ashes. From this day my bonding with my father on this mortal world became an immortal bond. Just few days back I talked to him and mentally had forgiven him for all the sufferings he leached on my late mother and us. This day I learnt to forgive and forget his deed. With the help of my sisters son Hrishikesh did all the karmas associated from the 9th day to 13 Th days at Gnanavapi in Mambalam.

Another hit is when I admitted my neighbour - grandmother to hospital and stayed with her till she was discharged. I learned what it feels to be an orphan in a virtual world.

Another hit is the way I made friends in IL within a short period of time. With so many fields open, I was able to canalize my energies into positives and felt stronger day by day. I felt real happiness when I started to read the slokas and the religious index that Chitra mami created, which is so soul soothing.

Finally to conclude, I thank Malathy & Jey for providing a great platform to show case my knitting creativities. Thanks a ton for all those who have been inspiring me to go further.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

2010 is definitely a memorable year for me. Before I start saying why 2010 was memorable let me say about 2008 and 2009. We started our TTC journey in later 2007, so obviosusly life was hectic and very stressful for next two years. These years were very stressful and often I ended fighting with my hubby.

When 2010 started,we met our doctor and she said we got to switch to IVF. She told me to take a break get rejunavated and come back when I feel and have confidence to face the treatment. When we came out of the clinic, I was just rewinding 2008 and 2009 I realised how these treatments and hospital visits made our life mechanical. So I decided to give a break to TTC journey and started to think what we missed in last two years.

We realised romance was missing between us and we were more mechanical. So we started 2010 with a aim to become more energetic and my healthy weight loss joueny started and I lost close to 9 kgs in entire year and my DH was my weight loss buddy. It was lot of fun to workout to together, we soon realised that we started looking young.
    Few of our friends who met us after 5-6 years complimented us. So it started boosting our enthusiam and we also started going for frequent trips. We went for a lot of trips and visited Kerala, Pondicherry and Malaysia. We relished our trips and totally forgot about TTC.

Since we switched to healthy life style we stopped eating out and started experimenting things in the kitchen. Finally I was able to bring out the cooking skills and my hubby was happy with his weight loss becuase he was eating everything but still losing weight. So Radha chef was one feather added to my cap!!

Year end we were quite happy about 2010 as we reinvented the missing romance, switched to healthy life style. One more important thing to mention MIL was seeing the changes in me and she was a great support to me in all these things.

So what made 2010 memorable is
    1. Reinvented romance between me and DH
    2. Switched to healthy life style and added a great new hobby cooking
    3. Great support from MIL and I realised I have a mom in form of MIL
    Dec 2010, I faced my IVF cycle with full confidence, doctor commented that she has never seen such a cheerful and enthusiastic patient so far. All the above gave me confidence to face the cycle, though I did not succeed in the cycle I was able to recoup from the failure in just couple of days.

A new look of life made 2010 memorable and also gives me confidence that 2011 is going to be all the more memorable and we will succeed in our TTC journey.

1 person likes this.
  10. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

In 2010, I got a chance to chat with my sweetheart; I fell in love during my school days.

It was that period of time when we all thought that having a girlfriend was the most wonderful thing in life. There were no cell phones, internet chat and Emraan Hashmi type kissing movies in 1988. Even chatting with a girl alone for girl and holding her hands meant a lot.

I was considered to be the good boy in the class and was not invited by these boys during their discussions and chitchat. I managed to have my own friends and we used to talk about girls (today, when I recollect those moments, I find it very absurd and hilarious).

It was that time, when I was not serious about thinking of such relationships that a girl struck my imagination. She was so beautiful and I found something special in her which left many goose bumps in me. Several classmates of mine who were extroverts were already swooning over her while my interaction with her became the subject of my imagination.

I will keep note of the dress she was wearing outside school hours, her likes, her dislikes and all the things involving her. Once during our laboratory class, she freely interacted with me and smiled at me. I discussed this small interaction with my best friends exaggerating it like anything.

To cut my love story short, our love story (if you can say it as one) ended after leaving school and we all parted ways. Getting back to my chat with her, I was delighted when I received a friend request from her and I found her online. I was speaking to her after 21 years, and after fifteen minutes of conversation,

she asked, “Where you in my class?”