1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

TO LIVE WITH YOU part 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by niranjanacool37, Apr 28, 2015.

1. niranjanacool37

niranjanacool37 Silver IL'ite

A/N: Hi g uys. This is the first chapter of my new story. Happy reading!!!

TO LIVE WITH YOU ( I HAVE MY LIFE TO RESIDE IN YOUR ARMS )

Chapter one-

I walked there all alone in the corridors of F.I.T.E one of the renowned institution there, though the college wasn't without its hushes and buzzes.

I felt many intent look on me. Little did I have frame of mind to pay interest to those stare on me. I didn't have a single look of concern in my face. The girl who cared much about how she looked , how she walked and what others felt about her was gone from me long time back. I bothered least about it and headed towards the dean's cabin.

I knocked the door and entered in. I was given a form to fill. uff I hate these official procedure and paper work. But then since Vardhaan sir was there by my side for all time I didn't have much difficulty.

Only that was easy for me. I didn't have a single clue about what is waiting for me ahead in this college. I don't guess there is any more blow to come in my life yet again after what I have gone during these past few days.

I handed the form and she gave me a paper to get it signed from my professors. Along with it she also guided me with my way towards my class.

I was heading my way towards my class. I saw few guys plastering a senior look wandering in the corridor. That's when one of the guys pointed me to other one who looked like their leader and said something. Something alarmed in me and I felt that my first problem down here is going to start now.

The guy who showed me walked towards me. Are they going to make fun of me or going to make any sort of stupid prank? But then would they tease me even after knowing that I'm not a junior and that I'm a second year student?

But all my uncertainties were answered as he called me and asked me to come with him. I sighed, how many such case I have seen thought I and walked with him. I actually walked ahead of him and went to that senior.

"Hello ji I didn't call you here for gifting you something." he said in a teasing way. I guess he said that for the way how I walked towards him - fearless! Some boys of that group started rounding me. I still looked at him questiongly. He ignored my ignorance and continued what he was saying. Though his face showed slight disappointment he still continued "I think you didn't understand what we are saying. Ji have you heard something called ragging? Now we are going to give you some task and you are going to do it. You are going to propose that guy."

He pointed towards a boy but I couldn't see his face since his back was faced towards us. Meanwhile a guy from the same group gestured that leader whom they called as Yoyo and said in a low voice "Bhai that is Randhir, You know he doesn't like these stuffs."

Yoyo looked puzzled about what to do next. I stood in middle of them with my face expressionless. A man in his mid-forties ran towards me and whom I guessed out to be a staff as per his looks.
    He spoke "mam I think you are Sanyukta". I nodded my head as a sign of approval and he continued "Vardhaan sir is calling you."
    On hearing the name of Vardhaan sir all the seniors disappeared from there in that very jiffy.

I looked at the place where that guy named Randhir walked past. Don't know why I felt he was the same Randhir whom I knew.

I then realized that the staff was waiting for me and walked along with him.

"Mam actually Vardhaan sir didn't call you. He just asked me to help you in case you have problem with finding your class. But then since I saw you speaking with these seniors I thought of helping you." I looked at the man in front of me than kingly. He didn't know who I am but then he helped without any reason. May be since Vardhaan sir said he had done this. But still I couldn't resist from thanking him "thanks bhaiyya. Please don't call me mam. You are old than me and you can call me Sanyukta itself." He smiled and I thanked him once again and headed towards my class.

I knocked the door. Everyone's attention turned towards me. A professor wearing specs looked at me asking me to explain who I am. His face showed slight hue of irritation.

I entered the class adjusting my sling bag, took my admission form and asked him to consider it. Meanwhile I looked at my class students who were watching with all their eyes full. I guess all the students who were getting bored with the lecture found it entertaining to watch me.

I then turned my head and looked at the professor who corrected his specs and looked at my paper so carefully as if I have given him a new theory defending Newton's law.

I don't have a single clue about what he was reading so keenly instead signing straight. He felt my eyes on him I guess. That's what his next action said. He signed that paper and asked me to take my seat. I took the form from him and seated myself in a desk were a girl was sitting alone. She gave me a pleasant smile and that was the reason I sat with her.

The boring lecture of my first class got over after those deadly two hours. I introduced myself with the girl nearby me. Her name was kaustuki. We greeted each other and then I popped with a question confusing me this much time “our class strength is so less. Is this the real class strength or..” I paused in midway waiting for her to reply.
    She answered me back "oh randhir and his gang are not there today. Because today is h..."Before she could say me something further a guy walked towards her and said Jiggy asked her to come immediately.
    “Oh actually my friends are waiting for me. So hmm bye!" "Yep!" I said. She said to me that she'll meet me later and left with him.

I closed my books and sighed. Randhir! I don't wish him to be the same one whom I knew. Already my life is filled with lots of problem and I don't wish to add him to that list. I prayed it not to be him. Because all I could do was only pray for it. I walked towards Vardhaan sir's cabin and got my paper signed.

He asked “how's your college till now? Any problem?"

"Nothing great till now sir!" ‘My whole life is just a problem!' thought I.
    "Then what about your hostel? Is it comfortable?"
    "Sir, I couldn't say it's comfortable. But then left with no other option I chose to make comfort of it."
    "But still sanyuktha you are left with one option!"
    I knew he would say this. "Sir, I would better find myself quitting this college instead of accepting that so- called help! I want to manage my things by myself. I don't want anyone's condolence."

"Interesting very interesting! It's good to hear that you want to make your own choice and glad to see you are firm with your decision. I'm no one to change your decision. But do remember one thing not everything that you see by your eyes be the reality, the real truth might be hidden'."
    "Sir, I'm sure about the decision I have made, I'm not going to give any second thought for it." I smiled at him. He patted my shoulder and gestured to walk along with him.

We walked there in the corridors and I saw few students gaping at the sight in front of them.
    I think they have never seen him like this. Though he wasn't speaking me in an over -friendly manner but still it was different to those eyes which had witnessed only the stern face of his. After some time he walked away taking his path.

I went to the library and issued few books. I wanted some place free of these glaring, so I chose to sit in the campus garden. I was sitting in the garden bench going through the pages that's when I felt someone standing near me.

I looked to see who the person is and recognized that guy named Yoyo standing before me. I looked at him arching my right brow and he spoke "sorry ji you should have said first itself that you are close to vardhan sir. We wouldn't have asked you to do that."

I think he was among those students who were gaping seeing vardhan sir speaking with me. I sighed and shook my head and said "see you are getting us wrong. I'm not related to vardhan unc." corrected myself "to vardhan sir in any way."

He looked at me still without believing my words. "Ok ji anyways sorry for what happened in the morning. Please don't say this to vardhan sir." Oh that's the reason thought I. I smiled at him and assured him that I'll not do any such thing.
    After getting my assurance he thanked me wholeheartedly and walked away.

I was glad that he soon realized that I could be relied upon this matter. But those who really ought to believe me didn't do that. A natural sigh came from me as all those old memories dashed in my mind. I shook my head and walked taking my bag.

I had two more classes that day.
    I felt confused about why that guy randhir and his gang were absent today. I felt something was weird about them. Even that girl kaustuki was also not there. I shooed those thoughts away and tried to concentrate on my classes which I wasn't able to cope up well. Sure joining in the middle of the session had its own disadvantages.

I reached my hostel room. Our institution so famous didn't have any hostel. Those who reside in the locality didn't have any problem. Students like me who was not from the city had to stay in any private hostel.

Most of our college student stayed in a hostel near our college. But since I joined in the middle of the session I wasn't able to get one. And the price was also too costly to afford for my present condition. I sure cannot afford these exorbitant prices.

I chose a ladies hostel with a low price. I badly wanted those facilities which I had before. But I felt it was just waste of time to think about those days because it is never going to return back to me.

I really found it tough to adjust myself with these poor facilities which I never knew before nor did I have experience about it.

That day while sleeping in the old cot provided by the hostel all my thoughts revolved around that guy Randhir.

I badly don't want it to be him. I don't want him to laugh at my condition. I doubted whether his friends are with him till now. I don't want them to be there in this college and that too my class. I don't want to taste any cup of awkwardness when we encounter each other.

Maybe I should leave my fate to decide this one too.

I tried to make comfort with this cot provided and tried to sleep. Lying there in this cot made me to remember my soft bed in my room. The old memories made me nostalgic. No I said to myself and tried to shoo away those thoughts which gave me nothing but just -PAIN!

The peril of losing everything once again made me insecure.
    ................................................................................................................

I guess this chapter was quiet lengthy and boring. I felt I had

exaggerated it a lott. Next time i promise you with a much better chapter and sure with our hero's entry.

p.s : do drop your valuable comments and feedbacks!!!

4 people like this.

2. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Hey Niranjana,

The story is super cool ya. U r not at all dragging. Ur narration is very interesting.

1 person likes this.
  3. vibimolu

vibimolu Senior IL'ite

Vow nice start.. Waiting for more updates...

1 person likes this.
  4. niranjanacool37

5. niranjanacool37

6. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

Very lovely start..way to go.. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

Your narration seems to be good..not boring and all.. and I read the intro too.. beautifully written...post your next one..

8. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

wow.lovely start to a nice story. great start

9. niranjanacool37

thanka a lottttt!!!

10. niranjanacool37

thanks a lottt!!!!!1