1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Meet me near the coffee place @ 4PM - Episode 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Introduction

Episode 1

Priya just reached her workplace after filling the first water bottle for the day. Just as she switched on the computer, Gayathri patted her on the shoulders with an excited look on her face.

With all curiosity she asked,

So... How did it go??

(after long sigh)

yep, it went well Gayathri...

You dont seem good...

Its because of the 9 hours travel in bus... I reached today morning at 7AM. I couldnt find time to sleep and rushed to office. So I am very tired.

Ok, tell me about this guy. Did you like him? What does he do? Did they tell anything after they left? Did they let both of you to talk to each other?

They saw me on Friday evening. Lots of discussions started after the ceremony, within my family and with them. The guy's family told that they will tell their final answer after a week.

Hmm... Did they let you speak with him?

No Gayathri. The guy's family came with lots of their relatives. They seemed to be very orthodox. They didnt allow us to speak. We both saw each other from distance. That's it. I am actually relieved that they didnt let us speak. I am not sure what to talk too. So its better this way.

I understand... So, erm... do you liked him? Expecting the result eagerly?? And and had dreams??? huh huh??

Priya didn't seem to enjoy bemocked. She instantly wore an ominous look and didnt respond properly. Gayathri thought of giving her sometime and left to her place.

During coffee break, Priya didnt look cheerful at all. She seemed distressed the whole time. Gayathri enquired and Priya started to speak.

What does it mean when they say they need 1 week time for finalising?

Hey come on.. Dont worry. They will definitely like you. I am sure they will come up with a positive result.

No Gayathri, I dont worry about the result. They probably might rethink about the dowry we accepted to give, our status, my job, salary, and in future I will be earning or not etc etc. My parents are thinking about the same. But nobody thinks whether I am attracted to him or not.

Why Priya? Is he not good looking?

He IS good looking. But getting attracted is not only based on good looking right? Our frequency should match, I should find him interesting, there should be some chemistry etc etc. I know I cant expect these in arranged marriage. Now I really feel that I was an idiot to think that falling in love is such a big crime. Until my parents started to look alliance I thought Love marriage is a crime. But in Love marriage the couple have everything I told, which will be enough for the emotional bonding right? Take your life Gayathri, you married the guy you loved, so the marriage is the happiest turn of event right? But for me, its all depends on the status. Even if the guy's family comes with positive result, and we get married, how for sure we know that we have that kind of emotional bond you have with your husband? Like you asked today morning I cant dream about someone who I just saw for like 10 minutes...

Hey Priya, lots of love marriages fails when arranged marriage lives till the couple dies.

I know... But still I feel hard to accept setting the status as first priority for a marriage...

Gayathri can understand Priya's feelings. She opted not to confabulate about this anymore till they come up with the result. Priya planned to concentrate fully on work and dont think about it anymore. The usual lunch time between Priya and Gayathri was not that interesting, they had to chew the food and rush back to workplace.

Priya turned on her machine. As usual, she ran towards Outlook to check emails. She ignored couple of long emails from her manager and looked for any personal emails or forward messages to cheer her up. Disappointed after seeing no such emails, she choose to read her boss's email. Few minutes later, a grey little box popped up to the right bottom corner of her computer announcing that she got a new mail, with a subject "Hi". She opened it. The mail read:

Subject: Hi

Hi Priya,

How are you? Just thought of introducing myself to you.

XXX

Priya bewildered after reading the email and the sender email id... "YourFan"???
    She thought of calling Gayathri, but then she pacified herself that sombody might be playing pranks on her. So she decided its better to avoid this email than to take any action. After few minutes when she completely forgot about the email, another little box from the same sender popped up.

Subject: Please read it!!

Hi Priya,

I am not sure whether I am doing the right thing writing this email. I wanted to tell what I feel about you. I am in the same floor as you. Since the day I joined this office I have been looking you. I liked you from the instance I saw you. After few days I built up courage to talk to you. But I am scared that you might take it in the wrong way. But I cant hold it up in my mind anymore. I should let you know at least how I feel. You may think that I am not bold enough to come and talk to you directly or even send email from my office id. But the actual reason is, if you dont like me, and reject me, it will be difficult for each other to face as we will be working in the same office. I am not very sure about your position. I just know that you are not married. Other than that I dont know anything about you. If you dont like me sending any email, just reply so, I will not disturb you. At the same time, if you give me a chance and know something about me, I am sure that you will like me. Please let me know.

Regards,
    XXX

Priya stayed starring still at the monitor ...

(to be continued...)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Hi, I am waiting for the next chapter. Looks very interesting!!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

3. kokila84

kokila84 Senior IL'ite

Seems to be very interesting

4. ILoveTulips

That was super fast comment you guys... thanks for that... Will be coming with the 2nd episode soon... :)

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

very interesting...eagerly waiting for the next episode...:thumbsup

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ILT
    Nice beginning will surely wait to read the next one....
    Do you want the poll to be removed if so let me know will remove it and in the next episode if you don't mind please increase the font size if it is ok with you.

7. ILoveTulips

Thanks for your comments Aruna... pls remove the poll... and I will increase the font size too... :)

8. ILoveTulips

Thanks for ur comments Ishwarya.. :)

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tulips

Interesting. Waiting for the next episode eagerly

love
    viji

10. ILoveTulips

Dear Viji mam,

Good to see u here... thanks for ur comments.....