Jawahar vidyalaya ashok nagar chennai - review of the school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by kavithamadhav, May 15, 2009.

1. kavithamadhav

kavithamadhav New IL'ite

Would like to invite reviews about Jawahar Vidyalaya (CBSE school) at Ashok Nagar, Chennai for primary school admission:

a) Pros and Cons of this school
    b) Does this school offer a long-term solution for educational needs of kids
    c) Any other review comments/inputs

Thanks in advance.

2. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

3. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

HI Kavitha,

To say about jawahar vidhyalaya, Its an awesome school. You dont have to rethink. Do try Kendhriya vidhyala, I heard some nice feedbacks about that school as well. Let others comment.:thumbsup

4. Nisanika

Nisanika New IL'ite

Jawahar Vidyalaya is a good school. Please avoid GRT Matriculation in Ashok Nagar, I have heard very bad things about this school. Also, avoid Jaigopal Garodia, I heard a boy died in the playground last year, do not know what happened.

Following is my preference in the descending order for CBSE
    1. The best one is PSBB, KK Nagar. But it is very difficult to get admission.
    2. Jawahar Vidyalaya - very academic
    3. Kendriya Vidyalaya

For Matriculation, any school is good, as I said earlier, avoid GRT Mahalakshmi and Jaigopal Garodia at any cost.

5. sudhara

sudhara New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have been trying to put my son in Jawahar Vidyalaya since last year. But the past year I missed to obtain the application form but didn't give up, I tried meeting the concerned people, but nothing could be done. but they promised this year they will see to it that I get admission for my son.
    Ths year when they issued the application form (on Dec. 21, a rainy day), My hubby went there to get the form. I was jumping with joy when he said he had obtained the application form. So you can imagine how desperate I was to get my child into this school. we were greeting each other. The selectio list was out on Jan 11. My husband was restless and was not confident that my son will get an admission. But I was convicing him by saying if it's not our son then who else can get admission. With full zeal i went to check the selectio list with the thought that I will definitely find my son's name. believe me, the selection list is for UKG and LKG and not for any engineering seat. I didn't believe my own eyes when I couldn't find my son's name in it. I became too anxious because I have furnished all thenecessary details and why on earth has he not been given an admission. I just walked out without saying a word and raising any queries. My hopes are shattered. It's not that this is th e only school but i chose this because I stay very close by and mainly it will be easier for my mom to pick him up and other reasons related to that fact.
    Out of curiosity and more so, anxiety, today, I planned to find out the reason. But all they could tell me was come and meet the principal during april by which time other shcools would have finished giving applications. so you will be left in the middle like niether this school nor the other schools. and your child will end up losing one year's education.
    They are too fussy and dunno on what basis they reject an application. They don't allow people to meet the concerned authorities nor do they give you the right picture. God save parents.
    I don't understand what they are gonna lose if they give us the correct status thus helping parents to plan ahead for their child's admission in some other school.
    This happens every year. God who is going to save us. I dunno.
    no idea about the Pros.
    cheers
    sudhara

6. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

thats a sad state Sudhara.., so where is your kid studying now?

7. sudhara

sudhara New IL'ite

Hi Arthi,
    My son is continuing in the same school for this academic year, but am very persistent to put him in Jawahar at least from UKG. let me see, Am also planning to obtain application form from Chinmaya Vidyalaya, virugambakkam. But the drawback is I have to send my son either in school bus or a van. but that will not suit my mom whom i depend on largely to pick up my son from school. Now the routine ismorning my DH will drop him at school in the afternoon my mom will pick him up. but this won;t be feasible if I send him to virugambakkm which is easily 45 min drive from where I am now. totally confused.
    Have again approached teh school authorities in Jawahar. waiting in anticipation - to get a favourable reply. let me see. will keep you posted on this once everything gets over smoothly.
    thanks
    sudhara

8. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

even i tried for my son's adm 2 yrs back.the people where standing in que from early morning.They dont charge any amt for appl form.And they dont restrict the number of forms they give also.Mine was number 645.They have given some 800 forms.for form submission all are called on same day.a lot of confusion on that day also.when we went near the sub table we found that some 9 tables where there ,with teachers in front of them, one for every 100 forms.This is according to form number.If they have this arrangement , they should hav made us stand in seperate ques!

ok leave this.That last but not least, my son didnt get admission.we dont know the reason.May be all seats were filled with in 1st 300 forms.I wonder why they distribute forms if they have only 200 seats. 300 forms are enough for admission.waste of time.
    anyway the school is nice.
    one more thing to add.Now I am in muscat.Here i have bought form for my son's LKG admission.They said they will call by march 15th.All of u pray for me.:biglaugh

9. guru98

guru98 New IL'ite

i got shortlisted for pre-kg admission for my daughter. waiting for interview on mar 15.

10. sri_k

sri_k New IL'ite

GRT Mahalakshmi is one of the best schools in Ashok Nagar and far better than Jawahar Vidhyalaya.

The management of Jawahar Vidyalaya is not transparent when admission is concerned. They used to get copy of all records from you such as 1. ration card, 2. voter's id of father and mother, 3.Your degree certificates, pan card, Salary details (very important for them..! etc and make you stand in a mile long que and put up a small number of selection list which will be the interest of the insiders