Urgent: Infertility - choosing hospital

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by ddswamy, Jan 2, 2011.

1. ddswamy

ddswamy New IL'ite

Hi

Need urgent help choosing the right hospital in Chennai for fertility treatment - possibly IVF.

I have undergone follicle study cycle at Prashanth Hospital (Dr. Gita Haripriya) - but she is quite remote and facetime with her is very minimal, plus the wait time is huge. They also come across as quite money-minded.

I have now visited GG Hospital (Dr. Kamala Selvaraj) - she has advised me to undergo IVF, after a few rounds of medication... She tells me I don't have much time left to dither and I should choose the donor egg program. While I appreciate her directness, the hospital seems old and rickety and the staff aren't exactly kind. Also, I have read very bad feedback about the hospital elsewhere on the net.

I am very confused now. Would really really appreciate some help. Can anyone who's been at GG share their experience, can you tell me if they are OK?

Should I spend time visiting elsewhere? Or am I only being paranoid - after all, there are success stories coming out of every hospital...

Thanks for your time.

Deepa

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Deepa,
    Success with hospitals decreases when crowd increases. Earlier Prasanth had good success rate, now its decreasing with lagging time spend with patients. I too heard GG has bad supporting staff who are harsh at people! But had seen some success with it though! There are two more popular IVF centers in Chennai. Don't have much exposure with them but! Check these!
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ve/73730-any-body-taking-treatment-akash.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...-ivf-treatment-ishwarya-fertility-clinic.html
    Check this one too!
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...-conceive/96709-ivf-chennai-which-doctor.html
    All the best.

3. rdhivya88

rdhivya88 New IL'ite

Dear Sister,

Hope you are doing great. May this message reach you and give you hope. I found a good Dr and God has already gifted me a beautiful child. I am replying to your Question, so that our fellow ladies can get help. As you know, we in this technology world rely on google and yahoo unlike our older generation. One way its good and another way its misleading also.

I am based in Chennai and I have consulted many doctors so far. I would recommend Dr Samundi Sankari at Srushti Fertility center as a very good expert in IVF and infertility care.

I am a ISO consultant and I value all services. Though Srushti was ISO certified, what was more attractive was Dr Samundi and her team. Always smiling and totally involved in the procedure. We mostly discussed about life and we developed a very good rapport with the doctor. I felt safe and thanked God that I am in safe hands.

I heard from so many people and she is one down to earth person. I have heard and also read a lot of good things about her. So I would confidently recommend you to see Dr Samundi for your infertility problem. Stress free treatment. She holds the Best Distinguishing Physician Award from US for her expertise.

Anyone looking for a good fertility center in India, I would recommend Srushti.

All the best ladies. I love you all. May God bless us with love and future.

4. sujanitha

sujanitha New IL'ite

hi frds..

thks i also confusing about IVF...But its a gud info for everyone..like me...thk u rdhivya n deepa n vasumathi and all...i have few frds only..so i dont know where to ask...but this info is very helpful...if any one doing n get sucess from ivf..or u know about ivf..plz tell me something frds..i got married 4 yrs..still i am not get conceive...

5. Kingsly

Kingsly New IL'ite

Hi every one
    the fertility treatment varies based on the condition of the women. The number of egg reduces as the age of the women increases. if you are more than 35, please don't delay the treatment. Jananam Fertility Centre is located at Neelangarai on the ECR. Hope you can have a second opinion before proceeding further