Finest Posts- February 2016 Winners

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    What an incredible month this February has been! (All the hands in the class rise in unison.) I pick one and ask her to give the reason for my exclamatory remark. “It had 29 days, Sir”, she says smugly. All the hands go back to their respective original positions. It means that no one has any different answer. “Every February has 29 days in a leap year” I retort urging them to think again. The blank faces tell me that nothing more can be expected from them. But you know me. I never get irritated at any show of ignorance however colossal it may be. I beam at them. “Children, don’t you see that we had 21 nominations in February as against 12 the month before?” I ask them smilingly adding “See how the number got reversed from 12 to 21!” There is an audible heckling from somewhere in the last bench. “Heckle all you want! Only I know what it means!” I declare triumphantly.

It means that more readers are coming forward to nominate the good threads they read. My appeals to them have finally struck a chord. 21 nominations with a fair mix of threads from various forums are something more than what I labored for! Three from Married Life Forum, two from Education and Personal Growth and one from Relationship with in laws indicate that FP net is getting wider. Do I need more reasons to be happy? And these girls think that I am gloating over February having 29 days!

Let’s get back to the nominations. I am so happy to see that quite a few new members are getting nominated to FP already. Members like Maya69, sugugiri2010, Mullai 62, inboxsweetee, ag1, kcb joined our family recently but have already become noteworthy for the manner in which they communicate their views. There is a certain amount of positivity in their messages and they all look poised for a strong stint as writers.

Two nominations captured my heart and soul. One is about a life stranger than fiction and the other is about a fiction that is full of life. I am sure you have already guessed what these two nominations are. The first is a person who cannot see anything negative in life no matter what testing times that he has to go through. He can joke about even a life threatening ailment. He is indeed our ‘Que sera sera’ man Kamalji. He is out there to prove to everyone that it is very wrong to label cancer as a terminal illness and sulk endlessly. His life conveys a lot more than what a million cancer awareness and reassurance campaigns do.

I have great pleasure in declaring Kamalji’s

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/281344-cancer-cured-my-smoking.html

as the Best Contribution of the month and a great celebration of Life.

Thank you Shyamala1234 for your nomination of this thread.

The other is an amazing work of fiction of Akanksha. It is hard to believe that it is her first attempt at writing fiction. It is as racy as a typical James Hadley Chase novel with as many twists and turns! Her narrative skill is simply amazing. The underlying love that the detective lawyer has for the accused is quite novel and keeps us glued to the story. When the story ends on a happy note, we erupt in a celebration of Valentine.

I have great pleasure in declaring Akanksha’s

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/280831-valentine-day.html

as the Best Narration of the Month.

Thank you twinklingstar for your nomination of this wonderful story.

Dear winners and nominators, please PM your usernames, pin codes and contact numbers to IL_Admin so she can send your gifts. Thanks again!

Ciao again next month!
    Your
    FP Team

11 people like this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji Sir,

Congrats, that snippet deserved it.:party

1 person likes this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

@Akanksha

Congrats to you as well.:hatsoff.

I read only part of the story, no time. Was quite interesting as well.

Will definitely finish it at a later date.

1 person likes this.
  4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Kamalji,

Hearty Congratulations! A well deserved recognition for your contribution!

2 people like this.
  5. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

congratulations @kamalji and@Akanksha1982 for winner finest post of the month february .

2 people like this.
  6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congratulations @Kamalji and @Akanksha1982. I am always a big fan of your writing. You both deserve this.

1 person likes this.
  7. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Congratulations @Kamalji - For very nice message and that too catchy title cancer cured my smoking.

And thank you @Cheeniya :) . Wonderful to be part of IL.

2 people like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Kamal sir and Akanksha1982 for the well- deserved recognition. Enjoyed both your winning posts

2 people like this.
  9. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congratulations Kamalji and Aakansha.

2 people like this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri and all my other friends and wellwishers here, thank u so much for the nomiantion, and more than the winning, it is the appreciation of u all which gives me the encouragment to live to see another day.

i am overwhelmed by the love of the I lites. Thank u so much, i look forward to each day to be among all my I lites here.

thank u once again, Sri and to all here.

God bless.

Regards

kamal

6 people like this.