Finest Posts - April 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Friends,

Here we are again. Another month passes, April is just around the corner, no fooling! This is in earnest!

It is a very special time for us both in IL and out of IL too. You may ask why--

Indusladies, our website is celebrating its Tenth Anniversary! A lot is happening around the site. An exciting time for all of us indeed.

But, there is even more excitement in the whole country! Yes, it is 2015 Cricket World Cup and India versus Australia semi-finals will be taking place! The fever is at its pitch even as I am typing this! Each and everyone of us is hoping and praying for our team of course! Let us hope we hear the good news later today, yaay!

So poor me wonders with so much drama and excitement around, will anyone care to peep in here to take note of the fact that the Brand New Thread is open and you can all come here with your choice posts?? Did I hear someone say to me that I am totally wrong?!!

I am sure I am wrong for I know that all of you are attached to IL, there is no doubt about that! We just have to look at the way FP rocked in the month of March. Great nominations not just from Snippets section, but from many other sub-forums too. Just the way it should be.

Birthdays may come and go, festivals may be celebrated, World Cup matches can engage us! We will take it all in our stride and keep going on with our usual activities in IL! That's what we IL'ites do! No wonder we are celebrating our Ten Year Anniversary!

See you all soon!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check [COLOR=#009900 !important]this link
    below:Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nominationthread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the [COLOR=#009900 !important]original[/COLOR]post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

You Might Find These Useful:

[/COLOR]

4 people like this.

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

4 people like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Preethiitech for nominating this thread... Thanks all the posters for feeding your valuable responses there.

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear buddy Kamla
    As you know, we in India consider all rivers as feminine and revere them as life-giving Mother. Except Brahmaputra, all other rivers of India bear feminine names. When I first read Lord Tennyson's The Brook, I wondered why he was unnecessarily dragging men into the picture by writing, 'For men may come and men may go, but I go on forever'. It was evident that Tennyson treated his brook as a woman by making it utter these words! I love that unmistakeable air of superiority which is clearly feminine!

Like Tennyson, you also seem to imply that men may come and men may go (to watch the World Cup) but we in IL will go on forever taking the community from strength to strength. But buddy, you conveniently forget the fact that there are die hard male aficionados like me who stay in touch with this community with our laptops and tablets no matter whether we are watching the World Cup or chattering away in clubs!

From what Srama mentions in another forum, it is clear that people throng IL for the sheer delight of reading your sweet and soft messages, not that it required a Srama to point out. I have been talking about it too month after month. Now we have a proof yet again in your announcement declaring April nominations open. With this kind of leadership, FP will continue to be the most enduring rallying point of all ILites!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Preethi
    Thank you for coming out with the first nomination of the month with http://www.indusladies.com/forums/toddlers/269394-what-your-primary-communicative-language.html a pretty interesting and useful discussion started by SGBV. There have been very engaging inputs from others too and the ones mentioned by you are particularly noteworthy. But please do make up your mind whether you would like to nominate only the OP or the three FBs too. If you nominate them all, each will be counted as one and that would complete your quota for the month.
    Sri

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

3 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the nomination Vijima. :)

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Cheensaar!

Though you are full of humor and mischief, I shall not be daunted! Even before I could remember years ago read Tennyson's Brook and his 'men may come and men may go' line, I remembered that this is the age of Ipad and Iphone and quickly rectified my words by saying IL'ites will not forget us!

But that's okay, I will not take your prank seriously for you did make me go read Tennyson after all these years!

And...Thank you! :)

L, Kamla

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  10. Parvathi07

Parvathi07 Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.