Finest Posts- March2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    Whenever we come to the end of February every year, I feel a lump in my throat. Why does February have to be the most timid of all months? Is getting just 28 or 29 days while others flex their muscles with 30 odd days equitable at all? And when this bully of a month, March marches on armed with 31 solid days, February meekly steps aside satisfied with the pittance it gets! Because of its meekness, we in the FP team get only about two days to decide on the Winners as against the normal four or five days!

I may be full of sympathy for February but I have a duty to perform. Yes, I must bid adieu to this meek month and announce the opening of nominations for March 2015, today being the 26[SUP]th[/SUP] day of the month. Accordingly, I open the nominations for March 2015. We had 17 nominations in February which is certainly better than our performance in the last couple of months. But then the nominations are predominantly from the Good to Read Forum again!

I know that the members living in India are not going to be interested in whatever I say here because they will be looking forward to the Budget hoping that Modi’s benevolence will leave them with more spending money and they can go round buying all the goodies that get advertised in IL pages! I really wonder who is going to have the last laugh! Please do get busy with your nomination activity as soon as the Budget fever comes down. Of course this is also a month of examinations in schools and that could possibly cut into your nomination time. I have seen the mothers getting more tensed up with the examinations than their kids but it is very likely that they will do a lot better if you leave them alone!

Before I leave you to scan the site for the worthy ones to nominate, let me repeat again that there are loads of good stuff appearing in other forums too and I would earnestly request the nominators to spread their search for good posts to nominate from visiting all the forums.

With that in mind, go ahead and keep nominating!!

Your FP Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nominationthread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

3 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

As usual super announcement about the March nominations. Since February has less days than other months the days pass fast. As mentioned by you all mothers are busy with their children because of exams. But since I have passed through that stage I have all the time and as always I am here to post the first nomination

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

I am here with the first nomination and this time not from snippets but from married life. Its the reply given by @sreeb3007 to the thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/266332-how-important-have-common-interests-2.html. She is a new ILite. Though there are 3 likes, I felt her common interest and changing herself according to her husband's wishes and he also changing himself is something to have a happy married life. I liked her last para which says

To share the common interests and to share a happy life, I feel that we should keep our egos aside and develop respect & understanding in that place. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

A great opening write up for the new nomination thread for March.

What a touching tribute to our February, I almost shed a tear for the dear Feb!! What can one do, that is the long and short of how things are in life. If only everything in the world was fair!! :)

Jokes aside, I reiterate your words that nominations should be brought in from all over our IL site. Apart from 'Good to Read' sub-forum, other pages of IL too holds great posts. I too request all our members to bring in the posts to nominations never mind which sub-forum they may appear. High time we appreciate the input of all the members who add to this site and keep it rocking.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Kamla dear formaking my day with your sweet message

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Very many thanks to the IL team for the beautiful' cap gifted to me for nominating the Finest post in Jan.
    Jayasala 42

8. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

2 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Sahana1 dear I am really surprised with your nomination as there are 51 views to that post but no feedback. I thought I have not written well thats why no feedbacks.

Thank you dear for nominating and thinkng my post worthy of nomination. I have no words to express my feelings. Hugs to you dear. God bless you

1 person likes this.
  10. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Hi @Iyerviji
    Thank you
    It is so nice of you
    They did not post it because they have no words for this wonderful Snippet
    Glad to hear from you
    I love all of your posts,not only this one
    Keep writing and posting
    Regards,
    Sahana