Finest Posts - October 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Friends, its October already...!

Yes,we are ready too. Here is October Nomination thread open to you as of now! :welcome

Going by the 'hungama' our IL writers created last month and the jubilant nominations that took place the whole of September, it was almost difficult to say bye to the month and make a closure! But why fear when the new thread is here! After all, a month can take only so much excitement and no more...err....Maybe that is a wrong thing to say considering what awaits us....!

Wrong to say so for October looks choc a bloc as it is! After we greet our Father of the Nation on the 2nd, we end the Dussehra celebrations the very next day Only to start thinking and getting ready for Diwali which is just around the corner! I have not even mentioned Dhanteras and Muharram etc (there, I just did!), May as well add the Halloween at the end of it all to bid October goodbye!!

Hence, we can already predict how festively full it is going to be in our FP pages. We at IL are always ready brimming with energetic enthusiasm! We manage to share ideas, incidents and anecdotes and celebrate them with flowery words. They need not be mind blowing matter, even a gurgling laughter of a child becomes the magic to produce such prose and poetry. So, given that, a month laden with so many very special days is sure to inspire our talented writers to spin magic with their fantasy and expressions.

So, we have to contain our excitement and expectations and wait for the month to roll on and for the nominations to unflold. It will be one rocking month we presume! Better so! For some of us will be bidding goodbye to the warmth and cuddle the woolies :cry: The green of the trees and chirps of the birds will all be gone and the freeze will be setting in...Diwali lights and its warmth are welcome indeed!:exactly:

Your FP Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check[COLOR=#009900 !important]this link
    below: Finest Posts of IL

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making [COLOR=#009900 !important]the winner more significant. [/COLOR]

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653
    [/COLOR]

5 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamla

What an awesome announcement about the October nomination. You will be saying goodbye to the warmth but for us in Mumbai it will be very hot.Already it is hot after rains. Special award to you for the awesome announcement from me, that is a tight hug. A happy Navratri to you an yourfamily. Now enjoying Golu , meeting many friends and relatives during the haldi kumkum, getting a chance to wear different sarees everyday. FP is rocking now a days with excellent posts and sometimes the nominations are by 3 or four people ormore than that. It might be difficult for you and my dear Anna to select the best. Hats off to the excellent writers and to you and my dear Anna

3 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Buddy Kamla
    I see that my dear sister is at her eloquent best in paying her tribute to your awesome announcement. That makes my job easier now!
    The way you have listed out the festivities of October, you are like a walking almanac! I am happy that you have not forgotten our Father of the Nation except that he would be the Grandfather of the Nation for our young ILites. I am sure that they kept referring to him as Gandhi Thatha from their LKG!

Mangalyaan will be adding to the glory of October with its breathtaking pictures and awesome information about our neighbouring planet. Despite all the information furnished by our proud spacecraft, we will continue to worry about Sevvai Dosham and parikaram for it!

I am equally excited about the new nominations that will start pouring in! And it is going to be a rewarding experience working in tandem with you!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

I thought someone will come and give the first fb, but I think God wishes me to give the first nomination.

In IL many of the ILites are in TTC and waiting to hold their LO in their hands. I can understand their feelings because my daughters also have gone through that and God made them adopt cute daughters , who are so much attached to their parents and who are like their mothers as if they are their mother. True love can change anything.

I am nominating this post where she has taken on a virtual tour to Santhana Gopala Krishna temple.My first nomination is rmuramka's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...santhana-gopala-swamy-temple.html#post3395200

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you my dear Anna. Happy Navrathri to you and your family

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    I thank you for your first nomination of rmuramka's
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...santhana-gopala-swamy-temple.html#post3395200
    This is not only the first nomination of the month but a very Divine one too.

rmuramka's thread on her visit to Santhana Gopalaswamy temple is full of vital information and should be of great help to all the TTC members who believe in the power of the Lord in fulfilling their dreams.

While on the subject, I must refer to a carnatic song of Muthuswamy Dikshathar set in Hindolavasantham 'Santhana Ramaswaminam'. Almost all reputed artists have rendered this song which can be easily browsed for. This temple of Santhana Ramaswamy is in Needamangalam Town near Kumbakonam. Praying fervently in this Temple for a child has never gone unheeded. Listening to Dikshathar's Kriti daily will surely reward the aspiring TTC members.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Reading your above post to me made me feel truly happy! :) Thank you for making me feel like a Pulitzer prize winner!! When I logged in, I was still smiling and feeling happy having watched our PM Modi's impressive speech at Madison Sq Garden, NY ! Reading your message above soon after felt like it is spring all around me and the world is a happy place! :)

Thanks also for kick starting the October thread for I know a first post by Vijima means a good 'boni' for FP!!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir!

That note was an unexpected surprise treat from you!

As mentioned above, it is like all the stars, in this case: you, Vijima and Mr Modi (!!!) have converged to make my day a happy one! Sure I foresee happy dreams tonight!!

As for being an Almanac, why not? I had referred to one before I listed the whole list!:rotfl

Talking of Gandhi thatha, happy to inform you that Modi too is bent upon pleasing our Thatha by presenting him a Clean India. If he really acts upon all that he has promised, we have much to smile about! As for Mangalyaan, did you know that it costed only seven rupees a km for it to get to Mars??! Modiji told me. :-D

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know Kamla dear that I made your day

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir & Kamla,

I am here to nominate the post by Sabitha http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/261881-some-days-are-like-only.html. While some of us feel hindered by our own thoughts, Sabitha really thrives on her thoughts that takes her to places. At one moment, she flies like the pink balloon in her own thoughts soaring high with life changing developments while in another moment, she is back to the ground consoling her crying daughter like a loving mother. She knows how to balance this two aspects of life so well every minute of the day. I get lost in elevating thoughts or day to day mundane aspects of life one at a time and I struggle everyday to balance it as well as she does.

Her declaration that it is all about us growing to the potential than competing with anyone or anything is very profound and is worth reading like a scripture.

Viswa

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.