Finest Posts - July 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Greetings to all our friends! :wave
    Yes, July is here....Say Hello!
    :)

If you are surprised, then I am more than surprised. Wonder if time rolls by faster as one gets older? Never really thought about it...had no time for that!
    bie1

So, with July, we step into the second half of the year. Many of our members must be still enjoying the vacations and wandering around the globe!
    But that should not make any difference to us because...hey...we are connected always and all the time, never mind which corner of the world we may find ourselves in! Well, that is good news for me and my partner for we know you will be in touch with us and send in your nominations as and when you read and enjoy our Indusladies online magazine!
    Computer Typing

Here we are, all set and awaiting to collect new nominations...Maybe stories about your kids, your holidays, about your friends and families you have met, your discoveries and experiences....

We are waiting to hear from you friends--

"Come with a whoop come with a call
    With your snippets, stories and all "
    :welcome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check[COLOR=#009900 !important]this link[/COLOR] below: Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise [COLOR=#009900 !important]instructions[/COLOR] on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How to add a "Link" in my post?
    - To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

7 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla as always I am here first to nominate Shalumurthy's thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/256613-colorful-drama.html which attracted me because of the subject. We all know beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Dont know why people go for fair skin where as dark skin are also attractive. When we adopted our grand daughter who is also not fair people were saying why we adopted her when her parents are fair. We should not go for outwards looks , her smile made me and my husband to adopt her as we had gone to see her as my daughter and son in law are abroad and they told us if you like the baby you bringher and when they saw her they also like dher.

As I have written in a thread since Sunday I am having net problems . Some problem in my Photon Wifi card and I am not getting Yahoo mail , facebook etc but surprisingly I am getting Indusladies but it is very slow and it takes long time to open but still I dont give up.Morning I saw that this thread was started and as always I wanted to give my first nomination first. Hope this post gets posted

Since one hour or so I was waiting to post this as the page was not going down, but I am not a person to give up. I had opened inanother page IL site and there I could post in snippets. So opened this thread here and finally I am posting

Sorry for sharing my problems here

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    The First Lady of IL! I am happy to receive the first nomination of the month of July from you as usual and it is amazing that you could do it with a dozen problems affecting your internet and the laptop. Perseverance, thy name is Iyerviji!
    I am glad that you have chosen Shalu's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/256613-colorful-drama.html for your first nomination. I read it the moment it was posted but refrained from writing my FB there knowing that it will eventually get nominated here and as you know I would love to express my views here.

We are all witness to a great phenomenon called Rajnikanth. He is extremely dark, he is bald, he hardly even shaves regularly, he dresses sloppily and in short, he doesn't have a single feature that is the distinguishing feature of a film star. Despite all this, what is it that makes him so great? Surprisingly even the people who openly express their dislike for dark skin are awed by Rajnikanth. This can mean only one thing. Physical appearance is not everything. It is possibly to hammer this fact into our thick skull, the most popular of all Avatars, Lord Krishna, chose for Himself the darkest hue!

As Shalu has rightly observed, it is more essential to have a fair mind than a fair skin. I personally do not think that colour of the skin has any importance in the modern times. On the contrary, people tend to view with suspicion overly made-up personalities. Michael Jackson spent all his fortune in transforming the colour of his skin which finally pushed him to the very brink of disaster.

People who make uncharitable remark about skin colour and physical appearance are likely to be too shallow to merit our consideration. Just dump them!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna finally my net problem is solved through my son's friend. I think God heard your prayers and sent my son's friend to help me out. You are right about Rajnikant and Lord Krishna. After I finished my nominations for the month of June there were some posts I wanted to nominate, some of which were nominated and I was waiting for July nomination to nominate this thread. From morning net was very slow and somehow I succeeded in nominating this thread.

Thanks for your compliments

5. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri sir & Kamla ma'am,

I'm here to nominate Bonjour's fb on
    " http://www.indusladies.com/forums/singles-world/256471-living-before-marriage-right-wrong.html " post #58. I think the talk about our culture inspired me to nominate her post. That thread is turning quite argumentative with differing standpoints. I would love to read your (both sri sir & kamla ma'am) outlook on that issue. Thoughts from great people like you would really matters alot & I donno whether it is acceptable for nomination or not. The main reason to nominate that post is to get your opinion regarding Living-in V/S Marriage.

Will see you soon with my next nomination...

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Angellic,

Thank you for coming here with a nomination. You have nominated Bonjour's reply #58 from the thread titled http://www.indusladies.com/forums/singles-world/256471-living-before-marriage-right-wrong-6.html.

Though I have not read through the thread, I did flip pages and like you mention, it surely is a hot topic and I do hope members maintain a cool head and hand while airing their thoughts and opinions!

You may have noticed that the Singles section of the Relationship sub-forum cannot even be accessed if you are not a member and if you are not logged in! That being so, if posts from that section qualifies for nomination or not is something I have to double check!!

All the same, thank you for the nomination!

L, Kamla

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of Reshmi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/working-women/256340-to-be-working-women-homemaker.html
    I have two daughters and both are equally qualified. The first one has chosen to be a housewife to give her best to her only son who is presently a house surgeon in Ramachandra Medical College in Chennai. The second is fiercely career oriented and is presently a top executive in a Bahrain based software giant in Chennai. She has two daughters. The first one is taking up B.Tech in Electronics in a well known Institute of Technology. The second is in her 7th Standard.

When it comes to quality time for children and family, both my daughters seem to be able to give their best.No one appears to be complaining. It is, therefore, not a question of which is better but a question of pursuing what one likes best. This is what majority of the participants in the discussion have opined and I am in full agreement with them.

There! I have given my opinion in the style of Solomon Bappiah!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna glad to know you liked the nomination. Glad to know that your daughters are equally qualified and your grandson is a house surgeon and your other daughter is holding a top post and her daughters are doing well

You are right we have to do what is best. I had also worked for 38 years , though after marriage there were some problems managing house and office because in both places I was required still I could manage and make both happy with the support of my husband

Your replies are always superb

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna I forgot to add that with the support of my husband could manage home and office and make both happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.