Where are things going wrong for me???

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by memeera1234, Sep 5, 2014.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear IL's,

As I write this thread, AF has come my way today morning and thus my 5th IUI attempt goes down the drain..:-(. For all those who are not aware of my TTC journey, here's the link:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fertility-and-trying-to-conceive/259360-my-ttc-journey.html

I know its a lengthy one but please if you can go through and share your inputs. I have a few queries in mind which I am jotting down. U may feel why am I asking these queries in online forum and not asking my doc. I had asked him these queries and the answers he had given also I have mentioned below:

1. AMH levels 1.30 when tested in yr. 2012.

Doc's ans: AMH is just a number. Not of much significance. I have success rates with AMH below 0.10 patients also

My query: Is it a warning sign?? Do I need to rush for IVF ??

2. Age: will turn 32 next yr

Doc's ans: Not at all over-age. No need to panic until age 35.

3. Laproscopy and HSG done in yr. 2010

My query: Do I need to repeat the tests since already 4 yrs have passed. In between, diagnosed with endometrial TB. Had medicines 6 mth course. Are there chances it has effected my tubes??

Doc's ans: Tubes don't get blocked easily. Since done in 2010, that's enough

4. TB-pcr revealed endometrial TB. Completed 6 mths medicine course in June'2014.

My query: Do we need to repeat the tests to ensure TB infection is completely cured?? What if it is not cured??

Doc's ans: It is standard practice to give medicines for 6 mths. Since no symptoms on outside ( means coughing and all that ), it is assumed it is cured completely. No need to repeat the tests.

5. Hysteroscopy not done till date

My query: What if there's some issue in my uterus and that's why I am not conceiving. Lets do it once and if any issue, treat it. Why to waste time and money by going for repeated procedures ( follicular monitoring, iui ) again and again??

Docs ans: Anyways I would recommend you go for IVF in next 4 mths. At that time we have to do it anyways. Will wait until then.

This doc of mine sees me as a clear IVF prospect. He has been playing around last 4 yrs. I am not doubting his credentials but hey, its his duty to hear his patients out and clear their queries. But he is a completely relaxed guy. Take a chill pill kind.

Please if any of you have been in such situations and what had your doc suggested in such scenarios?? please help me out

Meera

2. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

3. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Mrithula for your suggestions..

4. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

dont worry meera,

thats good,go in for a second opinion,instead of getting stressed taking second opinion ll do no harm.pour all ur queries to the doc.after consulting let ur mind speak,if u feel good and things to be ok with ur new doc,then proceed.stop googling and researching much,it ll surely stress u.in the mean time eat all healthy foods,keep urself engaged.
    for sure ur gonna hold ur LO soon.see u ll very soon post a a success story.
    lots of baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  5. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

2 people like this.
  6. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Meera....some thoughts on your issues:

AMH: AMH varies is still going through the research mode. Best is to look at the AMH in combination with the FSH value and the # of astral follicles. The latter is a clear indicator of your ovarian reserve.

Age: 32 isn't too old, but also depends on how patient you are prepared to be. Some women prefer to get married later and then immediately want kids, some get married early and then prefer to wait it out for a while. I personally don't think its an age to panic about since you have completed a few cycles of IUI already.

HSG: HSG if clear about 4 years ago, is fine. Ideally most doctors like to have it checked every 3 - 4 years as the body does go through some level of change and prefer a status as close as possible to the current date to give them a clearer idea of the tube status.

Endometrial TB: Since the TB treatment was completed in June 2014, most doctors would prefer to do a double check to be sure that things have cleared up completely.

Hysterosopy: Befor heading down the IVF mode, all doctors will do the hysterosophy to ensure things without the uterus as fine and favorable for the IVF process. Lot of doctors also usually take a sample of the endometrium at that time and check the TB status and a few other parameters.

Looking at your history, I would suggest that you take a second opinion once before proceeding on the IVF journey. This way, you would feel a lot more comfortable with the process as it is quite physically and mentally tiring.

1 person likes this.
  7. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Purpledream. Surely going for second opinion. May your words turn true dear and may god bless me with LO soon..

God bless

Meera

8. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a ton god2014. Surely will adopt the resolutions. I get stressed out because doc is insisting that IVF will be best for me but I dont want to rush without getting my questions cleared. As you said will certainly go for second opion and then only jump the wagon.

Thanks again
    God bless

Meera

9. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear WiniPooh,

Thanks a lot for taking time out to clear my doubts. Every mth I approach doc with a whole lot of queries in mind but he clearly brushes them off. I get frustrated seeing this. Hope you understand the hopes we keep every mth for a miracle to happen and then getting dejected when AF comes our way.. that prompted me to share my queries on IL. Again thanks a ton dear.

God bless

Meera

10. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi meera,
    I have gone through your ttc journey thread and I think if you are trying so seriously with so much pressure of your in laws and other people, you are 32 then you should try for ivf.