1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Remedy for Blackheads

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Shantii, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Shantii

Shantii New IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thank You Shantii, we are delighted to inform that your contribution has been selected as Best of Forums and featured here. Go ahead and share it with others. We loved your easy tips for removing blackheads with home remedies.

---------------
    Hi ILadies,

How are you doing today?

I was having many big blackheads on my nose and cheeks. But thanks to this home method I almost got rid off them. I want to share this method with you.:thumbsup

All you need is: towel, castor oil, hot water, any other suitable for you skin type oil.

• Before doing this wash your face with your ordinary face wash.

• [*]Put the towel under the hot water and wet it. Then put wet towel onto your face and let it stay there for 5 minutes.Your pores should get opened now.

• Then take mix of 70 % castor oil and 30 % of other oil and put it onto your blackheads, do massage it for 3-5 minutes. And let this mixture stay for 10-15 minutes.

• Then take the same towel and put it on your face,let stay for 3 minutes. -REPEAT 4 to 6 TIMES-

• Then use your ordinary homemade or store brand scrub. (I use homemade rice-curd scrub)

• Your favorite toner and moisturizer.

After to make more dramatic changes apply castor oil onto your blackheads overnight.
    You need to do that 7 to 9 days in a raw.

Hope this will help.:idea

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014

2. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

good one.. thanks for sharing shanti..:)

keep sharing more beauty tips if u know..

3. amlrekha

amlrekha New IL'ite

Hi,

I have white heads problem..

Lot of white heads particularly in nose and chin..

They are very hard to remove even after steaming..

Please suggest some remedy

thank you

4. Shantii

Shantii New IL'ite

Hello dollysonpari and Mikesl - I am very glad that you found this method useful for other people.:)

Amlrekha ...I have few methods that I use when I have whiteheads on my face.:) I hope they will help you.:)

1. Have good hygiene - do not use soap - if you do then only with tea tree oil, neem or sandalwood extract oils. It is very good to use green tea (I mean the tea bag ones) or rice water for that (using rice water will make your skin smoother,your pimple scars less visible).

2. Drink a lot..and I mean a lot of water - 2,5 - 3 l per day. This will help to remove toxins from your body. Especially important is to drink a glass of warm water in the morning before breakfast. Eat more vegetables, than fruits. Fruits has sugar and may cause breakouts.

3. Another effective method would be to make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Keep it on for 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Try 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice and leave it on the affected area for a few minutes. This will help to prevent the breakout of whiteheads.

4. I like very much Himalaya Neem Face pack. I just dab it on my pimple when it appears. I use it every day. And after week of usage my pimple disappear.

5. You need to have two oils - jojoba oil and tea tree oil.
    Jojoba oil is to use it as moisturizer on pimple affected areas. It will suck out all the bad stuff from your pimples. Just smear your whitehead and leave for 30 min.
    Tea tree oil is antibacterial oil. Use it on your pimple in the night.

6. You can also try this method I posted earlier - with castor oil - it fights not only with blackheads but also with whiteheads. For some people it may breakout first,but in few days it will all disappear. Breakouts is caused by dirt in pores.

7. Never squizeeee them,please.

8. Everything with mint extracts - cleansers, scrubs, moisturizers, mask - will help in fighting with whiteheads.

9. What I use...is Kumkupadi Lepam...an Ayurveda cream...helps me a lot in keeping face good looking.

Hope this will help you.:thumbsup

5. amlrekha

amlrekha New IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

Thanks a lot for lot of information!!

I used neem pack of Himalayas but that doesn't suit me.

And whatever oil or oily substance or even cream, if I apply in my face, I get pimples immediately the next day..

So as of now, I use cinthol soap to bath, green gram dhall powder for face..

I even tried "Kumkumadi lepam" a long time before but that too makes pimples in my face..

I think my skin is sensitive towards oily things or some other reasons..

I will try your other suggestions and will let you know..

Please tell me where i can get jojoba oil and tea tree oil..

Thanks once again.. Take care :)

6. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Great tips you have suggested shanti....

What can we do with the used green tea bag?Can you tell me?

Because I simply throw it out..

7. Shantii

Shantii New IL'ite

Dear Amlrekha,

I understand why you get pimples by putting oily substances to your face. The cause is dirt that is stuck in them. If you put oil then the dirt inside pores comes out and create a pimple. For that reason I suggested you tea tree oil that is antibacterial and will help to stop pimple forming and jojoba oil that will help your pimples to not leave black marks after the disappearing.
    You can get jojoba and tea tree oil at any pharmacy store, online store and at Health & Glow as I remember.
    I have few more methods that I use to banish whiteheads.
    You need apple cider vinegar (DO NOT USE ORDINARY VINEGAR!!!), sugar, honey, cooled down green tea.
    MASK/SCRUB - Scar reducing,Treats blemishes,Refines Pores,Unclogs Pores,Firms the skin,Anti-aging,Anti inflammatory,Skin brightener,Skin detoxed,Cleanser,Moisturizing benefits:
    1. 1 tea spoon of apple cider vinegar
    2. 2 tea spoons of green tea (or 3 if you have more sensitive skin)
    3. Add 5 table spoons of sugar, 1 tea spoon of honey.
    Mix it.
    Then add last 2 table spoons of sugar.
    It should have thick consistency.
    Then transfer it to glass jar so that you can put it in a fridge.
    This amount should last for two weeks or 3 - 5 applications..or 2 times in a week.:bonk
    This mask is not for an exfoliation. It should be smeared onto your face and in circular motion just massage your face.Massage for 2 to 5 minutes - NOT MORE!! Let mask stay for more 10 minutes.
    TONER:
    1. 1 part of cider vinegar + 2 parts of green tea (1 tea spoon of vinegar, 2 tea spoons of green tea). If you have sensitive skin add more green tea.
    You can add a tea spoon of olive oil for moisture benefits. For you, Amlrekha, I would suggest to add a tea spoon of tea tree oil.:)
    Mix it and put in a glass jar to put it in a fridge. It can be stayed in a fridge for 2 weeks.

Do this routine MASK/SCRUB then TONE - use it at night time ( as smell is not very great! ):crazy and also because at night time we are less exposed to sun light.

You do this routine 2 or 3 times a week...and you will SEE and FEEL the difference.:thumbsup

The result of routine will not make you to wait!!!!!!

8. Shantii

Shantii New IL'ite

Hi Prettina,

I am using used green tea bags for face and body (inside and outside). I do scrub and a mask. Get all the green tea from used tea bags.
    1. For scrub I use 2 used tea bags, 1 tea spoon of fresh lemon or lime juice, 1 tea spoon of olive or tea tree or almond oil, 1 tea spoon of sugar (For face). You can use it as a mask if you will not add sugar.
    2. For scrub I use coffee + green tea + olive oil (For body)
    3. If I need to loose some weight I just drink green tea with milk all day. Don't feel hunger and really makes body to detoxify.

This is my usage...hope it is useful.:thumbsup

9. amlrekha

amlrekha New IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

Thanks for your suggestions. Where can we get apple cider vinegar and regarding green tea bags, any particular brand??

Take care.. Thank you

10. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot..........:thumbsup