PDF Upload Privileges Limited to Administrators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

When we started the Book Lovers’ Forum, we hoped that it would be a place where voracious readers would congregate to exchange their views and reviews of the books they read. We expected book lovers to make this place an intellectually stimulating literary forum of high quality discussions. But we regret to note that it has become a place where a large number of well known novels being uploaded in utter violation of copyright laws.

In this thread, we have very had specifically cautioned our members against uploading pdf files of others’ works without specific approval. Despite this strong plea, the practice of uploading novels of popular authors who have copyrighted their works is continuing unabated. We keep receiving legal notices about copyright violations and we respond by deleting the offending threads with the attachments.

To cite an example, we have just received a legal notice about a novel of JK Rowling having been uploaded by a member in this forum. We have quoted the notice that we have received yesterday below this message.

In future, if you need to upload a genuine pdf file of your own work, please email it to support AT indusladies.com indicating the post to which you want the PDF uploaded and we will take care of that. We are forced to introduce this filter to make sure that the community is able to keep up its reputation as a high quality meeting place of ladies of Indian origin across the globe.

Yours truly,
    The Indusladies.com Team

2. purnimakarthik

purnimakarthik New IL'ite

Kind Attn: Administrator of Indus Ladies Community

hello madam,

iam purnima and iam a new member. iam getting errors while uploading the files. do i have any limit as a new member.

pls help me to upload some files. and also i am having some sidney sheldon novels can i upload or is there any copyright issues.

i'll be happy if you give some instructions and steps to upload.

thanks in advance
    purnima

3. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

Hello Purnima,

Welcome to IndusLadies.

Please read the first post of this thread carefully. The admin has clearly explained about copy-right issue. Every novels/works/writings are copy-righted by its author. If you share it anywhere violating the copy-right laws, it is illegal. Unless you have copy-rights for Sidney's novel, you cannot share it in any online forums. You will get into copy-right issues.

In Indusladies, PDF upload has been removed for all users.

4. arya123

arya123 New IL'ite

Hi Madam,

I am Arya, new member of IndusLadies. I want to read Indulekha, the famous Malayalam novel. How can I upload it??? In Indusladies, PDF upload has been removed for all users. Then what can i do???

Looking forward to hear from you...

Thanks & Regards
    Arya