1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Attention Book Lovers & Writers!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Induslady, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Book Lovers!

When we assigned a separate forum for Book Lovers, it was meant to be a discussion place for book lovers to discuss their favorite book or author or anything related to books! This forum is one of the most read as evidenced by the size of 21 pages of threads! Each thread runs to several pages of individual posts seeking further information.

Take for example ‘Ramani Chandran’s novels-Free Downloads’. This thread was started by smsdevi on 25th October 2009 requesting any ILite having a pdf file of Ramani Chandran Novel to post it in this Forum. This thread grew like wild fire and in about six months, it has 221 pages of individual posts with a whopping 425828 views and 2204 replies!

According to Wikipedia, Ramanichandran has some 124 novels to her credit. In our reckoning, if 2204 members have furnished information about 124 novels of Ramanichandran, there is bound to be a great deal of repetition. On going through this thread in greater detail, we have found that it has been used to showcase and upload novels written by other authors too besides Ramanichandran. This has led to a piquant situation of issues relating to Copy Right and instances of authors who wrote these uploaded novels taking serious exception to it. We find that about 80000 websites offer free downloads of Ramanichandran’s novels under some arrangement or other. We have no such arrangement in place with any authors.

We have looked at the issues relating to Book Lovers’ Forum in great detail and we propose to implement the following conditions with immediate effect:
    1. The thread relating to the free download of Ramanichandran’s novels will be closed as the present 2204 posts deal exhaustively with the novels written by Ramanichandran.
    2. If any ILite wishes to start a thread seeking information on any writer or his books, it must be started as a New Thread instead of clubbing it as a post under any of the existing threads unless the intention is to supplement the information in respect of an existing thread. In such cases, it will appear as a new post under that thread.
    3. If any ILite wishes to upload a book in this Forum, it must be accompanied by the following information:
    Name of the author who has written the Book
    Source from where the book was downloaded by the member
    Uploads without this information will be eventually moderated and/or deleted

We do hope that the members will understand the need for such steps. As a respectable site that thrives on user-generated content, we cannot avoid or control copyright violations, but it is always good for us to take notice and initiate actions on such copyright violations. We solicit your cooperation in ensuring that no inadvertent action of any member causes any embarrassment to our site or lands us in a protracted legal battle.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A special request to the writers whose pdf files are uploaded here!

Dear Writers!
    We have been receiving complaints from a few writers whose books/novels are uploaded in our site by our eager members that their consent was not obtained before uploading their work. While we deeply regret such action on the part of our members, we would like to assure them that there is no malevolent intention in it. When we spoke to some of the members, they assured us that they liked your stories and wanted to share them with other members. To ensure that there are no more deviations from the established norms, we have requested all our members to give credit to the writers if and when they upload any pdf files in our site. We do hope that this is acceptable to you.

Should there be any of you who are not interested in your stories appearing in IL, please inform us (possibly with the link to the post/thread that you stories uploaded/posted) and we will take it off from the site in a couple of days.

3. BhuvanaRam

BhuvanaRam New IL'ite

Hi

Thanks for taking the action!
    But inspite of the action taken, I see my novels - Nilave Malarnthidu and Naanagiya Nee getting circulated in IL even without the author's name.

Having spent hours and hours of effort, novels getting published with no credit to the author is really painful. I hope you wud understand my frustatio and do something to avoid this atleast in coming days

creativemind23 likes this.
  4. swaminathan1764

swaminathan1764 New IL'ite

Ya
    i red the post and request by the administrator
    i assur i will follow the rules & regulations and also i read the post by one of the member of this forum & i do accept their views also
    good day
    swaminathan1764

5. nithyakarthigan

nithyakarthigan Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am the author of
    மௌனம் - காதலின் மொழி novel. i have uploaded my novel without author name. so i think was moderated.can u help me to avoid this prob.

Nithyakarthigan.

6. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Nithyakarthigan,

We have approved your thread.

Thank you.

7. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

Can pdf's of popular English bestsellers be uploaded in this forum - please clarify.

8. mughalssp

mughalssp New IL'ite

any other links????????

9. Jayalakshmi.G

Jayalakshmi.G New IL'ite

Hello all,

We are planning to start a Library for which we need second hand books.
    Could you please let me know if anyone has Tamil, English and Children books.

Thanks
    Jaya