Celebrate Festival of Nine Nights with IndusLadies - October 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear Soldier,

Thanks for the lovely feedback dear, the steps are made of plywood, last year my dad made it at home and my dh helped him in holding the plywood.this year we used the same just my dad assembled it again with nailing the plywood.

Dear Maanasi

Thanks for the compliment, looking for your golu snaps now..please share soon..

Dear Nitya,
    Thanks a lot for the feedback,thiruvilayal set I newly purchased this time and marriage set was last year purchase.hope you enjoyed.

Dear Rama,

Thank you so much am glad to here that you couldn’t take off your eyes...much happy now dear.

Dear Kalayaniji

Feel much happy to see your comments

Dear Deraj

Lovely arrangement looks so beautiful and arranged neatly.especially I loved the bhagavan theru which you placed in the floor.my besh wishes for the contest

Dear Kantha mami,

Good arrangement loved those vessel set and clay soppusaman..looks beautiful

Dear Kamalaji,Pandu,kkrish

Thanks for your feedback,feel very satisfied.

Dear Deepav,

Beautiful kolu ,looks fresh and cute.our marriage set looks same hehehhehe my best wishes dear for the contest.

Br,
    Deepa.

2. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear IL admin,

Thank you so much, we are glad to hear that you liked all the snaps and we able give you a wonderful visual treat.
    Thanks again for giving us the wonderful opportunity to display our golu and our hidden talent's.

Br,
    Deepa.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  3. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Deepav,

golu very nice.our marriage set & veseels looks so nice..

4. Deepav

Deepav New IL'ite

Thanks KKrish....You are right ,...i have two types of kalyana set ..one is our native type and the other one is like the northindian type ....:)

Thanks gsaikripa

deepagopalan, Thanks you so very much ...glad to know your's lokks the same ....Wish you a very happy navratri

Thanks Pandusk....Wish you a very happy navaratri

pandusk, Acutally my mom happen to come twice a couple of years before ...so she had got all the sets from there ...its from chennai ....Vedha Enterprise...I believe they sell only dolls for US ...light weight one's

Thanks Deepa...Wish you a very happy navaratri:)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  5. golu123

golu123 New IL'ite

mini golu 2010

Hi guys
    I love looking at the pics of various beautiful and creative snaps of golu arrangements every year in IL.This year i have decided to post few of my pics of my house golu.since you can only attach few snaps ive posted a few .The theme is very simple and general.I have constructed Five steps
    1.First step is Tirupati Perumal and Thayar,vinayagar and parthasarathy perumal and thayar
    2.second step is astalakshmis
    3.third step is the 12 alwargal with thengalai nammam
    4.fourth step is krishnas birth to kalinga narthanam
    5. fifth step has kalyana bommaigal in iyengar kattu with chettiar bommai selling arisi paruppu,marapachi bommai,japanase doll and ofcourse the sangu chakram and thiruman
    on the side is maha vishnu with the dasavatarams they are banaras dolls
    and ofcourse last but not the least a mini park and a village
    Hope you enjoy it

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

We are very happy to see your interest towards all the contests by encouraging your friends with your warm reply. I would like to make a small request about two things here...

1. Do not quote a message when it is clear as to what you are responding to. It is not courteous to quote entire posts. While quoting, edit out whatever isn't directly applicable to your reply. Do not quote a post if your post immediately follows it.

2. Please try to make all your messages in one single post as much as possible. Do not make multiple posts if you are just thanking them for their participation in a thread.

It would unnecessarily increase page length and make browsing the site harder. And also it would pull down one’s interest to view the thread. Hence some of the posts has been merged in the contest threads for the above reason.

Hope you would all understand !

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  7. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Re: mini golu 2010

Very nice, especially i loved kalyana bommaigal in iyengar kattu, they are so cute..

8. geeths

geeths Gold IL'ite

Re: mini golu 2010

very nice golu.where is the mini park and village?

geetha.

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Dear Kantha, Deepav and Golu123

All the three golus are excellent.
    Kantha - pithalai choppu saaman - very cute and bright as well as the mann saaman!
    Golu123 - Excellent dolls - Iyengar style dress - very impressive!
    Deepav - very nice and neat arrangement of dolls

10. meensatwork

meensatwork Bronze IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    Iam very happy to share my golu pictures here.My golu is basically made of 4 parts which are
    1. Dolls arranged in 5 steps
    2. Park
    3. A small setup with dolls in floor
    4. Tree
    5.Pooja area

1. The first step is made of three goddesses durga,lakshmi,saraswathy and meera and vinayaga. The second step is dedicated for dasavathara.I have kept the labels for the ten avatars also. Third step is dedicated for Kalyana set.I have also kept varalakshmi amman here. Fourth step is made of Ramar set,Nataraja,Annapoorni,Krishna and Thiyagarajar. Fifth step is dedicated for Chettiyar shop with vegetables,fruits and groceries. I kept the name "Endhiran supermarket" for this :). I have kept a chocolate tray with all the groceries in the left side of this step.

2. I named the park as Vandalur Zoo and kept all the animals,birds here. I did not have time to put the roads. So kept the dolls as such in sand.I decorated the park with fish lightings on four corners.

3. Due to lack of space i formed one more park kind of setup on the right side of my golu.This consists of lord muruga,vinayagar temple set,vinayagar kachery, oyilattam set,pavai villaku, elephants and a small pond kind of setup. I kept two electric kuttu vilaku here for lighting.

4. The tree is a readymade one and i tied some lighting to it.

5. Pooja area is made of Kuttu vilaku, theppa kulam with goddess saraswathy ( i could not buy items to decorate the kulam due to lack of time ) and navagraha kolam. I drew this kolam in white cloth, put embroidery and decorated with chamikis.

I could not attach more pictures as the limit is 5.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.