1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Doodle Pro - your experiences please

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Aadhusmom, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Aadhu will be 2 in less than 2 months and I've been thinking about a "big-budget" toy for his b'day. We will be getting him books anyway so I was thinking along the lines of a toy he can use for atleast 10-12 months. I like the Doodle Pro Preschool Toys By Type - Doodle Pro - Fisher Price but I'm wondering how it works in practice. So if you have one of these can you give me some feedback please - does/did your child like it? Upto what age was it played with? Any suggestions on model? And finally any other ideas on what a 2 yr old would enjoy are very welcome! Thanks,

Vanathi

PS - I forgot - he already owns a rocking horse, a tricycle, balls/cricket bat, basic blocks, a kitchen set and more books than I have fingers to count on :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Mmm, do we love doole-pro/scribblers, magnetic slates? :) We dont have the fisher price one, but this from early learning centre My 1st Scribbler - Blue - Early Learning Centre Love it to distraction. So yes, go ahead and do it, birthday or not.

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Vanathi, if Aadhu loves to scribble with crayons and markers he would love it. Riya loves to draw, and recently we went to a friend's house who had a smaller version of doodle pro and Riya just loved it. I am planning to buy it for the long plane ride to Colorado coming up in two weeks.

Raj

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

thanks for the quick answers Krithika and Raj.

Raj - Aadhu loves to scribble too so hope he likes this.

Krithi - did you buy yours in Chennai? If so where and how much was it?

Some general questions - is a basic one good enough or is the extra money for the colour version and fancy stamps worthwhile?

V.

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Vanathi,
    we got it as a gift and P loves this a lot.it is worth buying.it is a basic one with 4 stamps.

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I tried a smaller doodle toy before buying a bigger one and my little guy seemed to prefer the low tech solution - a notebook and lots of pens :-( I liked the doodle toy a lot though :)

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

V, the one I bought was a mini one with four colours, that has taken a beating. The other one whose link I posted here was a gift from Dh's brother from England, I am afraid. If you have someone coming down from there, worth the money, in my opinion. But here is what I saw in landmark, they had a lot of fancier doodle pros than the mini one I got.

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Ok thanks Supriya, Sindhu and Krithi. Will look at the prices and decide - but I'm definitely getting one :)

V.

9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

vanathi...

First we got it as a gift from her nursery when she was 2, she enjoyed so much... she learnt to draw so much using her DP... now she is 4 yrs and she used to draw rabbit, butterfly car etc... so we bought her two different sizes and when we travel we take it with us so she is enjoying... sure aadhu will enjoy... here is one pic which she has drawn... the one which you see is fully drawn by her...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

wow where did the time go ?He is going to be 2.
    Its useful but makesure you don't keep any markers/sketch.
    Vahee your daughter is very creative.She has drawn a great picture.My little one loves bunny in any form .
    Thanks
    Mangai