Vada Malai to Hanuman

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by raji2678, Dec 8, 2010.

1. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Can someone please enlighten me on the significance of offering Vada Malai to Hanuman? I believe someone had already posted it, but it was in Tamil. Can we please have the English explanation?

Thanks.

Raji

2. abhisheksaini

abhisheksaini New IL'ite

My friend can you please tell me what is this vada malai. I have not heard this term before or does this term belongs to south india because I being a north indian am not aware of this term.
    Please clarify this to me.:idea

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Abhishek,
    First, vadas are made with holde in the centre. Through thta hole, a string is passed and a garland is made. That garland then adorns Hanumanji.

Raji

1 person likes this.
  4. abhisheksaini

abhisheksaini New IL'ite

Thanks for letting me know.

5. gda3

gda3 Junior IL'ite

When hanuman was a kid he wanted to swallow The Sun , he thought sun is a big fruit. When he tried to swallow the sun, rahu was also coming to hav his share. as solar eclipse was going on. So Rahu asked Hanumanji to let him . Hanuman allowed Rahu to complete solar eclipse , Rahu became happy and gave blessings to Him. "Whoever do pooja with urad dal to hanuman will be free from malefic actions of Rahu." urad dal is considered as the grain for Rahu. In south India we make Vada malai to hanuman And in north india they offer jangri.

4 people like this.
  6. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

thanx a lot for sharing the significance of vada maalai. never though that there will be something like this behind vada malai. interesting to know.

1 person likes this.
  7. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

if u pray anything from hanuman,surely he will fulfill ur wish.he loves their devotees.he is the living god in this kali yugam.

thanks.

2 people like this.
  8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

is the vada malai given in temple after fulfillment of some wishes?? and how many Vadais in each Garland..

9. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

ssm014,

Vadai malai is offered to the Lord . Prayers are co-joined to fulfill one's wishes. It is like any offering to the Lord and is perfectly upto one's choice. A few may offer before , and a few after the fulfillment of the desires.

We usually offer vadai malai before the fulfillment of our wishes, seeking his help and guidance. If u're doulble minded, u may talk to the purohit at Hanuman temple. Alternatively, u don't have to have any binding wish to do this offering.Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  10. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

in my mother's ancestral home; there is a small temple and hanuman is workshipped there. all the local and villagers would come and offer their prayers there and vadai mala was a very famous offering.

a senior aunt of mine would usually make this (after a special bath and some prayers) and i understand it is prepared differently (to what we eat at home; this is without salt).. for this offering, usually they would come and tell my aunt and pay the amount. When the mala is made; in the offerer's presence, my cousin (the pujari) would offer it to the idol...

this is a very powerful offering (in my experience) and is usually done after the wish is fulfilled

1 person likes this.