Found Designer Tailoring in Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Smita4679, Oct 9, 2008.

1. bkkmom

bkkmom New IL'ite

hi,

Have u got yr bluse and how was it?

2. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

This is my personal experience. I gave a blouse and chudidar for stitiching at Yazhini Silks for my Sister's Marriage. Even my Sister gave couple of her wedding blouses for stitching here. She dragged it for nearly 45 days. We completely lost our patience. Even then the finishing is not good for the blouses and my chudidar is totally screwed up. U don't beleive that the neck of my chudidar is having different neck patterns on both left and right side. My chudidar top is tatally useless, now I am stiching a new top for that.

Sasirekha Senthilkumar

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

thanks sasirekha for the info... I was waiting for smitha to come back with her fb... I thought I will give a try with some ordinary chudi... but after your fb, I will stay away from them..thanks again...

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thought my long time wait is over ..OOps this guy too of the same category :thumbsdown In this big chennai don't we have a good designer wear tailoring unit :confused2:

5. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Cindhuja, I did couple of embroidery work on my blouses through the tailor in RMKV... but the problem is they don't take materials or sarees brought from other shops.. this guy did a good job but mighty expensive :(
    For designer work in chudis I usualy go to boutiques like Rekha's where if you like the design but not the colour you can order and they will do the work and stich it for you.. expensive again but exclusive... Yet to find a tailor for saree.. Saw one shop close to the original DMK office in Teynampet (not the Arivalayam...you know the other small one with Kannagi's statue after the Teynampet signal?)... but haven't tried them.

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Yes lalitha ..I have noticed that shop near DMK ofis, but yet to visit...whenever i cross it, used to :rantmyselves... Not able to utilize such a nearby shop...:bonk..Will check soon.thanks for the info.

7. Jana2000

Jana2000 New IL'ite

Did you get your blouse?

Thanks
    Jana

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Friends, This thread is becoming a chit-chat thread & not befitting the forum, "apparel'.I plan to shift it to community chitchat this evening. I just want to keep you all informed before going ahead.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. sheebros

sheebros Bronze IL'ite

hey smitha..thanks..I want tailors to wrk in my shop.

10. gaya3sivakumar

gaya3sivakumar New IL'ite

hey guys,

There is this "Ram's tailors" in T-Nagar , the road opposite to khazana shop in tnagat usman road .
    For my sis wedding we stitched blouses there .She stitched it awesome wit new designs and close to perfection.
    Though the cost is high around 200+ for designer blouses i think its worth.

but she takes 30 days to stitch :(