1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Sheela Choubey vs Rashmi Acharya?

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by vpriya, Mar 3, 2009.

1. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I would like your opinions abt Dr Sheela Choubey and Rashmi Acharya?

I went to both of them for my first delivery and found both were good. Rashmi was less experienced (4 yrs back) so , she was eager to answer questions and kind, Sheela was highly experienced and i heard that she was once head of ob/gyn department in st peter's hospital. so ofcourse she would be less responsive to questions and doubts and less talkative.

Moms who went to either one of these doctors pls give me your opinions and i am confused which one to go to.

Thanks,
    Priya

2. saraansh

saraansh New IL'ite

Hi

I just delivered a baby girl in the month of January via c/s. My doctor was Dr. Acharya and based on my personal experience I would strongly recommend her. As far as comparison with Sheela Choubey goes, I have never seen her personally but some of my friends have and they hate her. Not only is she rude but she doesn't like to answer any questions, even though she is so experienced. Frankly speaking, I would have never gone to her because I wanted a doctor who doesn;t mind talking to me and discussing all the options. This was my first pregnancy and I had to have a doctor who would patiently answer all my questions. Dr. Acharya is really a good doctor and a wonderful human being too. She is calm, considerate and will answer all your queries satisfactorily. She doesn't rush through the appointments and is always ready to spend that extra minute or two to assure the patients.

It is really your choice, but I vote for Dr. Acharya.

3. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Not sure if i am late in replying to this post. I had my son two years back...Dr.Acharya was my gyn...Hats off to her..She was so patient and understanding( I am a paranoid, used to bug her all the time.) She always had time for my questions....I have not heard about the other doctor...But I would vote for Dr. Acharya.She rocks!

Cheers,

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi vpriya,
    Four years back we went to Dr.Acharya. She was very empathetic.
    I think she has done some service for orphans in India. I visited only twice,but I was impressed very much. Then we moved to California.

5. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thankyou everyone. I was visiting Dr.Choubey and not satisfied. even dr.Davda in the grp was not at all helpful.later my dh called and asked them directly, then she called me to talk to me. now i am seriously thinking os switching over.

thanks for all ur responses.

6. Mishal

Mishal Senior IL'ite

Hi vpriya and others,

I'm currently pregnant too, and was consulting Dr Choubeys ob gyn group till now...I'm not at all pleased with the 3 doctors in the group, so am now in the process of moving to some other practice.

My main grouse against Dr. Choubey's group was that I was almost forced me to go for ultrasounds as a part of routine monthly check up at their office though I have a normal pregnancy so far and did not have any situation that warranted the unnecessary ultrasounds..Also I was asked to go for certain unnecessary blood tests on the drop of a hat without being given decent explanations when asked its purpose..So I feel it's one rude, greedy group and I do not want to be stuck with them for my delivery..

I haven't decided yet between Dr. Rashmi Acharya and Dr.Kirit Patel..Any suggestions, please?

7. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi Mishal,
    Yesterday i got my records transfered from Dr.Sheela choubey office.As u say i feel they are more money minded now a days, even for me they did too many u/s and Dr.Davda asked me to go for a couple of blood tests for me and hubby! which we refused.
    i dont know abt Kirit Patel, never heard, but many of my friends go to Dr.Acharya. she used to work in Choubey's group few yrs back and i have met her, she is friendly.
    I have selected acharya and delaware valley obgyn group. few of my friends went there too and said they are good. they are a group of doc and 4 midwives. MW are better, they can help reduce the chances of c sec and interventions. i thought a MW would be better than a doc. i plan to meet the MW and see how i like them.

Good luck!
    Priya

8. newbaby

newbaby New IL'ite

I am 2 months pregnant and went to see Dr. Choubey with my husband. Since it is my first baby, I had a ton of questions which she seemed reluctant to answer almost as if I was holding her up from something (I had a 6:30 pm apt). She could not have seemed less interested in me nor my pregnancy. Even my husband noticed it and said "she does not have the best bedside manner, huh?"

Needless to say, I am going back for my 2nd apt. only to get my lab results and then I am switching doctors. I just do not want to be subjected to taking all of those blood tests again. I need to feel comfortable dealing with an OB and I did not get that warm and fuzzy feeling. I have been told by other moms that you want to make certain that you love your OB because you will have a lasting relationship with them. So I am taking heed and switching doctors.

Also, I did not like their office building. Seemed a little less than lush. Lastly, she sent me for the proverbial blood tests (9 vials all together, they had to prick both of my arms).

So, ladies save yourself and run to another OB. If she does not like what she is doing any longer than maybe it is time to retire then to subject new moms to the dread.