Will Mumbai break the record of 1962!!!!

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by malspie, Feb 9, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Friends,

Mumbaikars rarely experience the cold weather. During winter its warm the whole day and the temperature just dips a little. I have never seen any Mumbaikar with a sweater or blanket on the streets or even at home. The blankets and sweater take an idle corner in the wardrobe waiting to be pulled out only when we move to the next hill station.

The year 2008 has come with coldest winter so far... The temperature is dipping with each passing day.. 1O deg. cel. 9.4 deg. cel. The weather is pleasant and its cold even in day time. Stall selling out Bhajiyas and Vadas are doing brisk business. Wine marts are having customers queued up till late night. Mumbai street is isolated at night as we are not able to cope up with the sudden dip in the temperature. Tea and Coffee has become the favourite drink.

Yesterday, Mercury dipped to the lowest in the last 42 years ... Yes.. is was 8.5 deg. cel. Will Mumbai hit the record low temp of 7 deg. cel. of 1962!!! Most of us were not born at that time.. May be now we can experience this pleasant change of climate.

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mals

You are enjoying the pleasant n cold weather there!!! jjjj...Its sunny here, only today it rained..You know what...I was enjoying my afternoon nap n suddenly woke up hearing my mom's voice asking me to come out of my room to see the sudden change of climate here..I went out imm to see only a clear bright sky..Now i think i need not tell you for how long it rained..:cry:

In Mumbai, bajji stalls n vada stalls do brisk business only during winter. But here, they are always crowded. If we wait for winter to come to eat all that, then we wont be getting a chance to taste all that in our lifetime.bonk How i can i explain you about the big queues infront TASMAC's here all the time 24*7!!! N again if all those bottle lovers wait for winter to come, they should keep waiting forever.:mrgreen:

K......K.....Now pls don't ask whether this thread is about Mumbai or Chennai 8)...I now imagine what if the temp drops to 10 C or 9 C in Chennai! They will declare leave to all schools n colleges here as if a great gigantic monster:twisted::evil: has entered to eat up everybody!

Enjoy..:banana...Take good care of your health!

Bbye:wave
    Meena

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

WOW!! 7 degree C ???
    It will be such a pleasant weather.
    Since last week we have -minus degree in Boston.
    Tomorrow, monday and tuesday will in in just 8 D F (-13 D C).

7 degree will be lucky to have here.
    I wish I was in Mumbai right now.

~Punitha

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malspie
    I too read this in the papers. I just don't remember using sweaters or blankets during winter, when I was staying in Mumbai. Winters use to be very pleasent. Looks like it will break the records of 1962 as day by day the teamperture is going down.
    Enjoy the weather..........with hot :coffeeand vadas

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear mals,
    after the tsunami there is a vast sea change in the temperature and it is raining in bangalore some thing is wrong somewhere, nature is blasting us for reasons only known to her, ya heard north is also reeling under this weather condition, but yes would love to be there...i have a lot of wool work to finish and bangalore is already warm..sunkan

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vidya, Meena, Puni, Aruna and Sunkan

Thanks for stepping in. As you all say, its a delight to have such a climate when the city always basks in red hot rays of the sun. Yesterday the temp was 12 d.c. Yes, we are not beating the record of 1962. Anyways snowfall has stopped in Kashmir and the weather is getting more clear as day passes.