1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE Final Episode

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Mar 7, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Epilogue:

Writing HE for the most gracious women (and men) of the world has been a very fulfilling experience for me. At the end of this serial I am happier than I was when I completed SHE, The Haunted House or The Beauty and The Brain.

I was toying with many different types of endings. Sethu marrying Sharada. Madhavan re-uniting with Priya. Sharada becoming a successor to Swamiji. Priya dying and placing Sharada’s hands on Sethu’s as it used to happen in the old black and white Tamil movies and a host of other alternatives.

I had an open mind and was praying for an insight as the Swamiji does in the last episode. My prayers were answered for the only reason the hearts of several good women and men prayed for me.

As you read the end of the serial, I am sure there will be an unmistakable frown in your eye-brows.

What’s this Varalotti? We thought Priya was the one who had gone nuts. You too Varalotti? Do you think things like that will ever happen? What can five good people do against a whole world of evil? Are you not very romantic and childish in your thinking?

When you, my dear friends, say so, I accept it with a reverential bow. But my dear, dear friends, you should know that a writer has a very precious freedom which few other classes of artists have.

Whatever ideal state he wants to see in his country, in this world, he can write as if such a state really existed. Kambar exercises that right while describing the Sarayu river that flows in Ayodhya.

In that country, in the capital city, even the five senses which are prone to temptations and wrongs, were well-behaved. Women’s eyes which are always loaded with desires never went beyond the golden line of morality and chastity.

Someone commented, “Is it possible to have a country full of good people? Does Kambar mean that amongst the thousands of women who inhabited the Kingdom, not even a single woman went astray? Has Kambar gone nuts?”

A great exponent of Kambar gave a clear reply. “That might not have been the state of actual Ayodhya even during Rama’s time. That is the great poet’s dream.

“If Kambar had created a country according to his dreams and ideals, that country would be exactly like how he described Ayodhya. To super-impose his ideal state on the actual reality is one of the most precious freedoms of a writer, of a creator. Don’t ever try to meddle with that freedom.”

Can I, a poor mofussil accountant better those words?

While I made you cry with my story, you made me cry with your fb, with your words of encouragement and above all your moral support to this project. I cannot even begin to imagine repaying the debt I owe you all.

May you all be blessed.
    Pray for me,
    Love,

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
    MSNR and Dinny like this.
  2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I am happy with the ending. Priya is not in her senses but I am sure with Madhavan beside her the days are not far away. I am happy to know that Sharada is not left alone and also very glad to know that Nalini has got a meaning in life other than running a Five Star Hotel. You have lovingly put all the lonely souls together. Life is not just me and my love, it is all lone souls together can make a better family than a family of husband, wife and kids.
    I am very contended with the ending, I have no reason to rave or rant.

Sri, I loved the ending. I am dancing jubilantly. I did not want you go give each of them a different bend. This is perfect, what more a reader like me can ask for. Worth the wait with all the twists and turns. BowBow

3. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

first accept my apologies for coming in the last episode.

:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown for the wonderful climax to HE!!!! i very much liked the ending to HE, u have done wonderful job Sir,
    I can imagine how much stress you have taken to build the story every week and to link the two timelines and to create suspense week after week. to be frank i didnt expect this climax at all and after reading it am very very thrilled.
    Let me enjoy the episode once again!!!

Congratulations Sir for the great work :thumbsup

4. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    Rightly said that "a writer has a very precious freedom which few other classes of artists have.

Whatever ideal state he wants to see in his country, in this world, he can write as if such a state really existed"

I completely agree with this thought and infact , many at times seeing the way the world is overwhelming in atrocities and devilish acts , I have felt the urge to pen down or dream of a world where there exists only happiness and righteousness!!

Though the ending was in such a way that nobody would have expected and ofcourse an ending that makes a good ficiton , it has given a fulfillment, a sort of happiness which is the ultimate for a reader and a writer!!

You have given the ending sans a makeup, i.e this is something that every good soul would want, to see a good outcome after all the hurdles!! And the ramifications of their unison is going to benefit the world and to make the world a better place to live!!

Thanks for the good thoughts that you have poured through this episode!!Bow

PS:Each and every thoughts given through the Swamiji was worth reading!! Waiting for the next episode on Swamiji!! :)

Love,
    Jaya

5. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

That was an unexpected nice ending...! It is a pleasant surprise that they all will live happily ever after instead of they both lived happily ever after....

Your last two stories ended on a motherly note( Shalini mothering her husband and his kids and now Nalini and Sharada ). Is there something that inspired you? ( you can call it fishing for another interesting narration ).

-Gayathri.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear dear Sridhar.....

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

That was a fine ending! If you had given it any other ending like you mentioned in your epilogue, the story would have been like any other...good, but with an inconsequential ending!
    You raised the story's class by giving such a lofty end.
    What a noble idea...all the good characters coming together to spread goodness all around.
    Madhavan got his Priya, Priya found her love, Saradha now has a vision, Nalini has her dearest ones, Kalpana can be used for worthy causes and all of them have a lofty mission to fulfil...simply awesome!
    I am totally at peace with He!
    Only...before we say our adieus...please please give me the name of that Swamiji and as to where his abode is. I want to have my awakening after a peaceful and dreamless sleep in his ashram !:-D
    A very well written serial drama/story and it made a very satisfying read....thanks Varalotti.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A kutti post to get the final episode to the top.
    love,

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Wow...Mals and Sri you both made my day. Two great episodes early morning, am sure is a nice way to start a lovely Womans Day.

Have a great day.

Roopa.

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

HEllo Sridhar,

Finally caught up on both HE17 and the final episode. My :bowdown:bowdown:clap:clap to you.

I loved the philosophies put forth in both the episodes. and i love the swamiji, very practical !.

And a very fitting finale to the story . I would not have it any other way. Thank you for not taking the " filmi" route. There is abosolutely nothing wrong with having a group of very close and dear friends working together.

Now Sridhar, am hoping that the next serial is about the Swamiji?

I have always been very keen on alternate medicine and so my interest in knowing more about Varmakalai has been spiked by you. so thank you for the same. Learnt a lot from this story.

Hey how about a suspense thriller based on Varmakalai, you could give Robin Cook a run for his money!!:idea

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear sridhar,
    So, all is well that ends well !
    I feel as happy for Priya, as I feel sad for Sharadha - can't help mentioning the latter.

I loved best your explanation of the word Anugraha.
    Sridhar, let me frankly tell you that but for our Meenakshi’s Anugraha, you & I, the two Maduraites would not be at the receiving end of so much of love & goodwill from IL ites!
    Sorry, I got sentimental as well as personal !

Now, you have to believe what I write ! When you mentioned about a name for the mammoth movement, the name PRIYAM crossed my mind more because that was my tribute to Priya for the ordeal she had to undergo for no fault of hers !
    So, a great writer as well as his fan think alike !!

A befitting end to a very enjoyable serial.
    SHE left after a controversy.
    HE has left serenity behind him.

Love,
    Chithra.