Technology, sure, has revolutionized everyday lives. But can Internet really boost business? The answer is an emphatic YES! The internet has now become a major marketing tool, not only for home based businesses, but also for big brands. With big players realizing its potential, there is a mad rush to grab a larger share of this pie. Competition is stiff, and before you stake out on your own, you need to be aware exactly where to start and how to draw out an action plan that guarantees success. So, what are these tools that will form an inextricable part of your marketing strategy? How should you use these? Read on for answers to all these and more.
The Internet Advantage
Making the internet work for your business is only possible if you know its knowhow. You need to discover the hidden potentials in the forums, bookmarking sites, social media networking websites and also the online shopping sites. These are tools that will jumpstart your home based businesses and reach out to a global customer base. Your markets are no longer constrained within physical boundaries. Reaching out to people in distant countries, understanding their needs and catering to their interests are now possible with just a few clicks.
Social Media Networking
The Social media networking sites like Facebook (FB for short) have come to be a big boon and offer a much needed platform for small and home based businesses. The following are some of the things you will need to keep in mind to make the social media networking work to your advantage:
- Make out a good social media marketing strategy. It is important to know which social media networking site to use and how. Every site has its own distinct features and to reach out to a larger target audience you need to first chalk out your aim and goals clearly.
- Facebook, Orkut, Google Plus, Myspace are some of the many popular social media sites. Create an account and get started. The golden rules for making a good beginning here are to be regular, stay active, be true to yourself and maintain a good relationship with your potential customers.
- Trust is the basis of relationships. You need to provide original and true information. Build up a good number of contacts and it will help your business grow by leaps and bounds.
- Patience is the key. Work slowly and steadily and you will reap good benefits. Make sure that the quality of the product /service on offer is of the highest order. With competition being stiff, you need to make a good online presence, and also offer quality products at an attractive price.
- Make use of video sites, like the popular Youtube, to make your offer or content go viral. Make sure to upload informational videos with links to your website and you will soon see that people would be interested in knowing more about your product/service. What you need to remember here is that in the online world, content is king. If you are able to provide valuable information to your potential customers and keep updating it on a regular basis, it will help generate interest and thus, result in traffic and sales.