“Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.”
Credit Points System!
While I was talking to my friend about my son’s credit point system I have put up at home, she suggested to me to share it with my friends in IndusLadies also.
Here is how it goes. ·
- I started this basically for my elder son from his 6th class.
- I hanged a slate in his room. it has some points on it. let’s say 100 points to start with.
- Whenever he does a good thing some points will add up and we will write them on slate.
- The vice versa will also happen like if he does a wrong thing some points will go off.
- He helped me a lot at home, he behaved very well that day etc all comes under good things. ( I was carrying and with small kid. Helping me counts a lot.)
- Of course his education also gives him credits like wherein he gets good marks, good feedback from teachers on parents day meeting etc all comes under credit
Debit comes into picture when , sometimes if he doesn’t listen to us on very important things, telling lies(only one time). Playing more time on computer than stipulated time, being lazy etc.
One thing i remember the most when we were not there he opened the fridge and removed all the ice with a knife which ultimately made a hole in the freezer box and we had to change it. I removed 100 pts for that.
I must say he is a very good boy and mostly he used to get credits only.
And coming to the next part what does he do with the points?
He can redeem it for anything he wants to buy or to sanction anything for him which he likes etc.
Other ways to get points
He used to bring recommendations also from my parents, my siblings and my father in law, mostly to add points. I had to add some points when they told out of respect.
He finished +2 (senior inter) and still follows the system even if he is staying in hostel now.
Good thing is he mostly redeems all for his fiction and nonfiction books. He is a voracious reader all together. For him just it should be a book, whatever it is on doesn’t matter for him to read and wants to buy and also on games CDs.
- Joke of the Day
- Thought for the Day
- Photo of the Day
- Daily Fortune
- Daily Poll
Who's the Boss?
A man goes into a pet shop to buy a parrot. The shop owner points to three identical looking parrots on a perch and says:
"The parrot to the left costs 500 dollars".
"Why does the parrot cost so much?" the customer asks.
The owner says, "Well, it knows how to use a computer."
The customer asks about the next parrot and is told "That one costs 1,000 dollars because it can do everything the other parrot can do plus it knows how to continue reading...