For all those days when you wonder what to cook for your one year old, below are some easy recipes that also taste delicious.
- Shred some carrots, beetroot and potato.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Add the vegetables and sauté it till soft.
- Add half a cup of rice to it together with half a cup of milk and half a cup of water.
- Allow the mixture to cook.
- Once soft add a few spoons of cream and shredded cheese.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir.
- Remove from flame.
- Note: instead of vegetables you can also use pureed nuts.
Semolina and Corn
- Boil half a cup of corn with a little salt, until soft.
- Mash them with a fork and remove the skin.
- Sauté two to three spoons of semolina in a pan with a teaspoon of ghee.
- Add water once golden.
- Add the corn and stir.
- Add shredded cottage cheese, salt and stir.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken remove from flame.
- In a pan sauté it with a teaspoon of butter till soft.
- Add half a cup of milk and allow the fruits to simmer.
- Add one to two spoons of sugar and a few spoons of fresh cream.
- Remove from flame once it begins to thicken.
- Toast one brown bread till its crisp.
- Crumble it into the fruit mixture and stir it in.
Mixed Grain Pea Parantha
- Knead the dough of a teaspoon each of wheat, black millet, white millet, maize flour and Bengal gram, together with a pinch of salt, a little turmeric and a spoon of butter.
- Boil half a cup of green peas till soft.
- Mash it and add to the dough.
- Take small chunks of the dough and roll into small circles.
- Cook each with a little ghee till each side is light golden.
- Serve with sweetened yogurt.