Did you know that tuberculosis affects more women in India than any other infectious diseases? Studies show that this disease mostly occurs in the age group of 15-49 years. Women are at increased risk to this disease during their reproductive years. This tuberculosis quiz will help you know the symptoms, causes and treatment of this highly contagious killer disease.
1. What causes tuberculosis?
b) Mosquito Bite
c) Septic Infection
2. How does one get TB?
a) Through contaminated blood
b) Through contaminated food
c) Through air
d) All the above
3. What are the symptoms of TB?
a) Loss of appetite
b) Weight loss
c) Night Sweats
d) All the Above
e) None of the above
4. Which country in the world has the largest number of deaths due to TB?
5. Which of these bacteria is responsible for causing TB?
d) Mycobacterium tuberculosis
6. What is a popular way of treating TB?
d) Antiviral drugs
e) All the above
7. TB is not curable
8. People with a weak immune system are more prone to develop tuberculosis
9. What makes TB one of the serious health problem?
a) The rise in number of people with HIV infection
b) An increasing number of immigrants from areas of the world where TB is prevalent
c) An increasing number of homeless people
d) More people failing to finish their TB treatment
e) All of the above
10. What is the name of the vaccine to prevent tuberculosis?
a) Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccine
b) Pneumococcal Vaccine
Answers on next page