Santa Claus has the right idea – visit people only once a year.
9 Tips on How to Eat Healthy Everyday
Continuing the ‘How to Keep Our Food Healthy’ series, here are some tips on how to eat for a healthy life.
Eating healthy is an essential part of life. Many of us strive to eat as healthy as possible every day, but are you really consuming the best nutrients for your body? Here are some tips to incorporate as part of your daily routine for a healthy living.
- Not just having raw vegetable / fruit salad is healthy.
- Take food when they are in warm temperature. Cold food is not an healthy option.
- ‘Eat to live ; don’t live to eat’ is a saying. This will keep one healthy. we have to devote some time in eating our food. Chewing them properly will ease the work of the stomach and helps the digestive process.
- Eat at least two hours before you go to sleep. This will again help the digestion process. Prevents the workload to your digestive organs. Also helps you give a sound sleep .
- Always eat in moderate quantity. Fill half of your stomach with food, the next ¼ by water and the remaining ¼ is for air. This system will give you a good digestive power.
- Eating sathvik food helps you keep healthy and calm . Excessive oil or spice will make a treat to your tongue but not to your body / health.
- Eat when you feel hungry . Not out of temptation.
- Eat on time. Letting your stomach keep guessing the time of food flow is not good. It has become a trend of today to stay awake till late night and take food as per convenience. This is definitely not healthy. Once you regularize the eating habit, your stomach will automatically set its biological clock. I have observed in corporate world, where people don’t care for health but comfortably finish their conference / meetings and then give the least priority for food. This fuel to health is an important component which keeps you active to accomplish a task. Hence devote for a timely lunch and then continue with your work. ‘If there is a will, there is the way.
- Eating together is always good. If children are trained with this habit, it increases the family bonding at dinner table too. If you cannot afford it daily, at least try practicing it during weekends. This save your valuable time too and let you enjoy your leisure time like others in the family. Of course, the co-operation of family members is needed in this activity.
- Joke of the Day
- Thought for the Day
- Photo of the Day
- Daily Fortune
- Daily Poll
Government Employee: “If we are unable to figure out a way to spend 220 Crores, we’ll be out of jobs.”
Secretary: “How about building a bridge across the Ganges?”
Government Employee: “But that won’t cost us 220 Crores.”
Secretary: “It will, if you build it LENGTHWISE!”