Is the software industry making men become less manly?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by infinitehopes, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

I agree with you. Even in college people used to say boys from "Computer Science" are soft than a "Mechanical Engineer".

I really feel that again we may go to the age like that of colonism. Only difference being that instead of britishers now it is the clients.

Men should fight atleast a little for a normal life. Many dont utter a word against what client says. only "YES". This ruins the life of them as well as people under them. Then the famous phrase "Thats how IT is".

Base of software:

1. Accept what is there. Dont ask what you want.
    2. Work without saying No. Stay late hours. Your manager will be pleased.

People are getting used to, because they need the job anyway. So, they are sacrificing/changing their characteristics for adjusting to all these. One fine day start enjoying this mode....I feel thats what you view, men not behaving like men and women not like women...

If we have soem labour unions, will these problems get solved?????? May be very few will join that....

I am not sure I have answered to your question. But I really liked the topic and these are the thoughts that came across. May be we can still discuss :))

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. ROHANDHARESH

ROHANDHARESH Senior IL'ite

I feel the following -
    1. Men are acting overly soft, gentle, always gossiping, never rowdy, hardly every contradicting, eager to participate in each & every discussion even if its between two girls. Even if friends meet, they will discuss their work problems, projects etc. I somehow miss the manliness that attracts us to men. I miss them being rough-and-tough, over-powering but protecting. I keep wondering - what if there is some problem like day-time robbery - will these guys protect me? Or will they run first?

2. On the other hand, girls / women are becoming very tom-boyish, missing the frilly and cute things that typically girls do, decorating cubicals, having plants, photographs etc.

First of you, I need to make you women understand that this situation has been created by feminism - the confusion between the roles of men and women and the feminization of men. Men are getting feminized due to the concept of equality and women are getting masculanised due to the same.

Women of today are confused. They want equality and all the privileges of modernity. But at the same time, they want the advantages of tradition. They want men to be aggressive and protective. Next moment aggressiveness becomes a bad word.

What do you women want? Why create a mess in the first place? Stick to one thing. Don't be childish and expect to eat the cake and have it too.

3. ROHANDHARESH

Men should fight atleast a little for a normal life. Many dont utter a word against what client says. only "YES". This ruins the life of them as well as people under them. Then the famous phrase "Thats how IT is".

If men fight, you blame them as being violent. If they don't, you blame them again. First decide what you want. See the mistakes within you.

Yes, women are getting aggressive because of various reasons - primarily due to equality and exposures. The aggressiveness is also because of feminist dogmas that every woman has embraced. In reality, men are far more oppressed than women. Looks like men should also fight back.

4. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Oh Rohan,

PLuzzzzzzzzzzzz Give me break.............All your post are anti feminist.Can You have neutral views about any topic:rant.

5. ROHANDHARESH

Pritirach,

This post and query is related to the contradictions and confusions that exist in society. It has no doubt been brought about by feminism. Some 100 years back, this confusion never existed. So, what is wrong in stating the obvious?

Moreover, you women are confused yourself. You want a guy to be aggressive one moment and like a baby the next moment. How can you expect both together?

What is feminine and what is masculine characterstics are themselves under question now.

6. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Do you mean to say we were better with the "non confused state" where women were not even allowed to vote? [/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Women are not the one who are confused. Let me ask you a question.. Are you always happy or always sad or do you have different feelings depending on the situation? Similarly a guy can be aggressive at one time and also be gentle as a baby at another point of time. Being manly does not mean that they have to hunt and gather with their bare hands or go on drunken rampages and that they should not show their sensitive sides. It's just the ability to take responsibilities and handle his responsibilities well. [/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Sure women do wear jeans and t-shirts. That doesn't mean that they don't have any feminine characteristics. Neither have they given up on their culture and traditions. In fact most of the traditions still live on since they are meticulously followed by women. Similarly men are better groomed instead of running around like cavemen. That does not mean they have become feminine. It just means that both the genders are learning and adopting what they like about the other gender.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Feminism has nothing to do with the way men have mellowed down a little. The whole world is at a point when people don't need to be constantly at attack or defense mode. We live in a safe world now. That's the main reason that men have become less aggressive. Isn't evolution all about adapting to current scenario/environment??[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]What on earth are you trying to say here? Stop bad mouthing the feminists. Nobody is trying to create any mess. Women want only one thing - To be treated with respect and as equals as we are not lesser than men in any way. It's pretty simple to understand. Nothing confusing or messy!!![/JUSTIFY]

7. ROHANDHARESH

Feminists are not saints. Nor is feminism based on sound principles and understanding of sociology. Society itself was created to protect and provide for the physically weaker - including women. The physically stronger men would protect and provide for the physically weaker. Women were given moral superiority over men. They were treated as the weaker sex. (This gets reflected in quarrels between men and women where society supports the woman even if she is in the wrong).

The stronger sex (men) were to be chivalrous, protect and provide society and women at all costs and make them happy. This was portrayed as "masculine". Any man failing to do so was treated as an impotent man.

If women was only to be treated as equal, with respect and not as lesser than men in any way, let society and women treat men as equal to women in terms of morals, physically, and in every other way. Let men have the choice to work or not to work (househusbands). Let there be no obligation for men to protect and provide women. Let there be no concepts of masculineness and feminineness. Let the tears of men be seen and recognised. Let not the pain of a man be a joke for the society. There is a lot lot of inequality than men face and they never complain. Now is the time for men to complain big time to show what gender discrimination is all about.

8. ROHANDHARESH

What on earth are you trying to say here? Stop bad mouthing the feminists. Nobody is trying to create any mess. Women want only one thing - To be treated with respect and as equals as we are not lesser than men in any way. It's pretty simple to understand. Nothing confusing or messy!!!

I forgot to add. Feminism is not just based on false concepts but it is also having sinister plans to enslave men, create misandry and give women a higher position in society than men. This is obvious in today's India and western societies where men have duties alone and women have rights - the laws such as section 498A, Domestic violence act, sexual harassment act and many more clearly reflect that. The domestic violence act clearly states that women alone can be victims and men alone can be perpetrators of violence. In reality, we all know that violence is NOT GENDER SPECIFIC - EMOTIONAL, MENTAL, PHYSICAL, SEXUAL, or VERBAL VIOLENCE. THIS GOES TO SHOW THE SINISTER DESIGNS OF FEMINISTS.

Do I need to quote what many well-known feminists have said? Here I do.

Under patriarchy, every woman’s son is her betrayer and also the inevitable rapist or exploiter of another woman.
    - Andrea Dworkin
    Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometime gain from the experience.

- Catherine Comins, Vassar College
    To be male is to be a kind of idiot savant
    - Germaine Greer
    All men are rapists and that’s all they are
    - Marilyn French
    still,feminists say that”they are not doing anything harmful”.
    it’s time to not to believe in feminism anymore.
    “I believe that women have a capacity for understanding and compassion which a man structurally does not have, does not have it because he cannot have it. He’s just incapable of it.” – Former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan
    “All men are rapists and that’s all they are” – Marilyn French, Author, “The Women’s Room”
    “I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them.” – Robin Morgan, MS. Magazine Editor
    “I claim that rape exists any time sexual intercourse occurs when it has not been initiated by the woman, out of her own genuine affection and desire.” – Robin Morgan
    “And let’s put one lie to rest for all time: the lie that men are oppressed, too, by sexism–the lie that there can be such a thing as ‘men’s liberation groups.’ Oppression is something that one group of people commits against another group, specifically because of a ‘threatening’ characteristic shared by the latter group–skin color, sex or age, etc. The oppressors are indeed ****ED UP by being masters, but those masters are not OPPRESSED. Any master has the alternative of divesting himself of sexism or racism–the oppressed have no alternative–for they have no power–but to fight. In the long run, Women’s Liberation will of course free men–but in the short run it’s going to cost men a lot of privilege, which no one gives up willingly or easily. Sexism is NOT the fault of women–kill your fathers, not your mothers.” – Robin Morgan
    “My feelings about men are the result of my experience. I have little sympathy for them. Like a Jew just released from Dachau, I watch the handsome young Nazi soldier fall writhing to the ground with a bullet in his stomach and I look briefly and walk on. I don’t even need to shrug. I simply don’t care. What he was, as a person, I mean, what his shames and yearnings were, simply don’t matter.” – Marilyn French, in “The Women’s Room”
    *MALE: ... represents a variant of or deviation from the category of female. The first males were mutants... the male sex represents a degeneration and deformity of the female.’ *MAN: ... an obsolete life form... an ordinary creature who needs to be watched ... a contradictory baby-man ... *TESTOSTERONE POISONING: ... ‘Until now it has been though that the level of testosterone in men is normal simply because they have it. But if you consider how abnormal their behavior is, then you are led to the hypothesis that almost all men are suffering from “testosterone poisoning.”
    “Who cares how men feel or what they do or whether they suffer? They have had over 2000 years to dominate and made a complete hash of it. Now it is our turn. My only comment to men is, if you don’t like it, bad luck — and if you get in my way I’ll run you down.” Signed: Liberated Woman, Boronia Herald-Sun, Melbourne, Australia - 9 February 1996
    “No woman should be authorized to stay at home to raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice, precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.” Simone de Beauvoir, author of _The Second Sex_, the book that is credited with launching the mainstream of the modern feminist movement —
    Our demand is not for equality. Who wants to be like men! We are trying as women to define ourselves. We not only reject the definitions that men have given us, but reject becoming like men. –From WOMEN OF THE WORLD UNITE — WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT OUR MEN! [In] Notes from the First Year. New York: The New York Radical Women, 1968.

Renuka Chowdhary - a radical Indian feminist
    “It is men’s turn to suffer” - Renuka Chowdhary on National television speaking about the Domestic Violence Act.
    “It is not such a bad idea, except that I have such pity for men.” - Renuka Chowdhary when Karan Thapar (on a CNN-IBN interview) asked her if she thought that men should first suffer before she considers amendments to check misuse of the law.
    Act won't hit good hubbies: Renuka
    “The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness...can be trained to do most things.” – Jilly Cooper, SCUM (Society For Cutting Up Men, started by Valerie Solanas)
    “To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking dildo.” – Valerie Solanas, Authoress of the SCUM Manifesto

Boys are immature, guys are jerks, men are rare.”
    “No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves.”
    “A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.” -Gloria Steinem
    “The perfect man is like the Lochness Monster... they say he exists but no one’s ever seen him!”
    “I think, therefore I am single.”
    “Mr. Right’s coming.. but he’s in Africa and he’s walking!” -Oprah