SAHM----to-----WOHM……Send me some positive vibes….

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Indhradhanu, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

Hai

I will be joining a new job in a couple of days after 3 years break …super excited at the same time the mother and wife in me is struggling to accept the change:drowning…I hope once I start will get used to my new role …

This is my dream job…I have been waiting for this particular job….i want to excel in this field…but as the joining date is nearing I feel butterflies in my stomach. :shaking:I fear will I be able to make it up like before?

Friends send me some positive vibes and motivation and tell me have you ever faced such a situation and how did you overcome it?
    Please share if you have any inspiring links or books to overcome this fear….

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

No one can achieve perfection so if you are chasing perfection you are going to fail in the perfection department. Do the best job you can and then go home and enjoy your husband and kid. As a friend of mine once said, no one says on their death bed "I wish I had worked more." Be confident, work hard and there is no reason not to do well.

1 person likes this.
  3. Indhradhanu

True tashi....:thankyou2:

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I noticed that I became more effective after each kid. As a single/no-kids you kind of think you have plenty of time, you spend part of the working time doing other stuff and then trying to make up later in the evening. When you have kids you know that you have only 8 hours (or whatever) and you are really focused. You have also learned to identify what are the important things (juggling a baby, household chores etc is very educational) so you tend to focus on the important stuff and leave the rest.

And it is so fun to have nice clothes, being able to eat lunch without having someone throwing food at you, socializing with other adults - and being able to use your brains :D.

1 person likes this.
  5. Indhradhanu

yes crayoness...thinking on that way gives me some peace of mind..socializing and use my brain for which am much passionate about...

6. CrayoNess

Passion is important. Focus on the important things, doing your job well (skip those fringe, non-important things in the office and do the real things), at home focus on being with your child and DH (delegate/minimize/do more effectively house hold chores and cooking).

From my experience the small child is missing the mother the whole day so when you come home set everything else a side and spend time with the little one. The dinner and laundry can wait. Sit for a while, read books, play and be close. Then you can start to do the household stuff.

Another important thing is to "train" your DH when you make this transition. When you are at home with the child it is natural that you do the major part of the cooking, laundry, cleaning. That has to change when you start working. Discuss with your DH about the new setup, what tasks will he do, what will you do. You have to share quite equally as you are both working and maybe "outsource" some of the work.

1 person likes this.
  7. Indhradhanu

@crayoness ..my mother will be here for the next two months...planned to outsource some of the work..search is going on..but it is not easy here..:spin

Yes what you have said is correct first i need to train my DH...have to talk and plan what if we have to continue without any help... thanks for reminding that very important point...

8. CrayoNess

Very nice that your mom is there. But please remember that she needs to be offloaded when you come home. (I am grandmother myself ;).

Have an open talk with your DH, list the things that has to be done (grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, cleaning, house maintenance etc) and discuss how you will divide it and what can be "outsourced".

I found it useful to cook big batches of food during weekends so that on weekends you only heat up/cook some side dishes. Same with grocery shopping, make a long list and buy everything on Saturday. It is more important to spend time with the child than do cooking and laundry. Can you have a maid? Can you have laundry done outside?

9. Indhradhanu

@crayoness: wow so am getting suggestions from a well experienced person…
    :thankyou2:

Yes planning to bring a maid here..it involves lots of paperwork and will definitely gonna take 4-5months…and the most important thing is to get a good one…