Bread Winner then , House wife now !!!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by VandhenaKrish, Feb 11, 2015.

1. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Hello ILs ,

Greetings to all . I have recently got married to my love and leading a happy life but a lil boring one .. Since 4 years , I have been working for esteemed MNCs into IT . I was very independent and took care of my mother who is a single parent and gradually grown a lot in my career and was a bread winner of my family .

Ours is 8 years luv story , DH is extremely sweet and MIL is a single parent since a year . After very few struggles and by god's grace we got married on Dec 10th 2014 . DH & I were working at Chennai for different MNCs over there and both of us had to quit our job and get settled at Salem for pursuing DH's dad's business ( powerloom & silk manufacturing ). Since I struggled a lot to get into a ladder of where I stood till last month ( when I quit my job ) , I came here with lil upset mindset . However indulged in cooking and house hold works and lots of luv from DH & MIL ( she is not a possessive type or something , good and straight forward )

I have passion to be a soft skill trainer since my college days , I want to train students from towns & rural areas to flourish in metro . So from then till date my DH is highly supportive & motivating me . Now I have got a role as a soft skill trainer ( full tym ) in a fast growing college here & I haveto join next month I will be paid very less than what I was earning over there but a decent pay for Salem . However at times I get upset and thinking how my career is ruined and feeling sad for being in a town .

I don't know why I write this on IL and what do I expect you guys to reply . But feel like sharing ..Basically I am happy but extremely bored:bangcomp:

deeprapriya likes this.

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

When u start doing what you're passionate about - you won't think about boring or lesser salary etc.. So wait till you start at the college!!!

3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

You gain something.You loose something in life.Life is all about trades off.
    Dont count your success in money.Work satisfaction count too.

sindmani, VandhenaKrish and Saisakthi like this.
  4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi VandhenaKrish - Your post is actually interesting. I would want to switch places if possible. Leaving the IT job and involve in family business and do somthing I am passionate about if there were no financial constraints.

Passion can not be price tagged. There are less returns but you get enough money per Salem's cost of living. Also you get less stress as in corporate which is equally unstable
    and no respect. Here you will get respect from students.

My mother is a retired teacher in small town and she walks in market, so many people wish her. Everyone is directly indirectly related to her. I however have no identity working in MNC, trying to keep up with skills , scared a needle drop , small gossips and still fear of job loss all the time,..

Think about long term gains from these kind of job. When you have babies, you will want peaceful & balanced kind of life.
    If helping mother financially is your concern, do you want to consider having her there with you? along with MIL? Do not know as many families do not accept it.

2 people like this.
  5. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

@Sanju , Thank you . But helping mom financially is not a big issue . Concerns are about the sudden switch over to a town and sudden drop in career

6. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Congrats on your marriage!

This new work will give you job satisfaction for sure!

May satguru sairam guide you

Cheers
    Sweetlife

1 person likes this.
  7. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

I really enjoyed your post
    Don't count the money
    God will always know,what is good for you and what is not
    Regards,
    Sahana

8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

A work in a MNC is never a bed of roses , we all know the fact. There is no job security and we still keep going because of the pay.
    Now you are gifted with a good family and a reasonable job offer which I think can give you more happiness than the IT job. At the end of the day we are working hard to keep our family happy.. so cheer up and feel happy you are blessed.

9. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on your wedding...
    Your blessed to live in town, with less pollution.
    Count your blessings
    1) Good health - Good air
    2) Tensionless job / stress free
    3) Later you can own a soft-skill training firm
    4) Supportive MIL (who gets man)

Be happy and enjoy with students.

sindmani and adinil like this.
  10. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

OP,
    Many times we have to make some tough choices for the family. If we keep looking back or regretting the decision we will lose the happiness in life. Quitting your job is one such decision. Don't look back. Enjoy your new job, new city and married life. Probably in a year or two you will start enjoying your career again.

sindmani likes this.