re-joining blues

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by memeera1234, Nov 19, 2014.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

I am planning to rejoin my last organisation after 2 yrs break. I had taken a break due to some personal issues. When I expressed interest to rejoin, my boss and superboss were very forthcoming. They offered me the same designation and a bit higher pay package too. Also the workplace is just 4 stations apart from where I stay. Although it had been quite stressful, but I am very well versed with work environment and work pattern there. Also, getting a job so much nearby is a task in Mumbai as many of you might be knowing.
    My dilemma is when I expressed interest in joining, I coudnt find even a single colleague of mine encouraging me to do so. All were like dont come back to this hell..u search for better options. This place is certainly not for re-joiners etc etc. I know things are not that good there and every other day, there is a person resigning. But keeping in mind all the parameters I feel it should be ok for me. But all are trying to dissuade me. On personal front, my DH says a known enemy is certainly better than an unknown.. so give it a try. If not possible, u can decide later

What you say ladies.. please need your suggestion..

2. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

join first. if you feel uncomfortable, change to other company later. having job is better than No job. people welcomes you in present company means they are giving importance to you. did you get same welcome with out any interviews or questions in other company after 2 yrs break? so join first.

3. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Hi Meera,

First of all its good decision to join back to work, it will really keep you busy and mind diverted from other issues.
    Well as you described about your organisation, i feel you can join back as far as you are getting good package and its near to your home. I know how far you have to travel at times for work.
    Well the other things about office politics or work may be which your colleagues are asking you not to join may be that might be also correct but few things are always everywhere in every office, like office politics, work pressure & all... So as your DH well said that known emeny is better than unknown.

You can yourself think about all the paramters and then take appropriate decision. Because again if you join once you cannot leave as it is because your boss have shown interest in your work and hired you but then they will never trust you again.

All the best dear...

4. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

I think you should give it a try and join the organization. it is really difficult to get a job after break and even if you get, you have to compromise on salary or designation. It is from my personnel experience.

what I suggest is you join this company and at least continue there for a year.

If you think your colleagues were right then you can look outside with this 1 year exp. This way you dont have to compromise on anything.

5. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Accept the opportunity, when your seniors have accepted and they have worked on your pay scale too, i think it's a good opportunity.

All the Best.

6. Chachi420

Chachi420 Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations !!! and Wishing you All the Best !!!